PDA

View Full Version : Bought this Yugo AK have some questions

USMC88-93
12-03-06, 22:41
How does the receivers top cover work? There seems to be an extra button on the side I have to operate.
What is and where can I get the correct sling?
Has Tapco parts, for parts compliance. Should I worry?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/YougoAK.jpg

TOrrock
12-04-06, 00:13
Welcome to the club! :cool:

As far as the FCG, no worries, that's what's called a G2 trigger group, it's a good one. Originally designed by a company called Gordon Tech, Tapco bought the rights to them. One of the only quality parts that Tapco offers....

The button on the side keeps the dustcover from flying off if you launch rifle grenades. It's a unique feature to Yugoslavian AK's. Push the takedown latch in at the same time you push the button in on the left side and it will lock the take down latch in, which will then allow you to take the dustcover off.

As far as slings go, the Yugoslavian AK slings are the same as the SKS slings, so if you can find one of those you're ok.

If you'd like a new condition one, I got one off of a guy called Haken on www.AKForum.net

He's Serbian I think and has some family connections over there. Do a search and you'll find him. I already approved your account over there.

Remember that these don't have a hard chromelined barrel, so it should be a cleaned a little more reguarly than you could usually get away with a standard AK. Doesn't make it any less reliable, just a possiblity of the barrel pitting if you use corrosive ammo and just let it sit.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions, just shout.

gringle84
12-04-06, 20:12
I see your questions got answered. The Yugo is a great solid AK and shoots good too. Just remember the barrel isn't chrome lined and keep it cleaned after shooting.

There are lots of non-corrosive ammo out and I stay away from shooting the corrosive stuff.

I bought a WASR-10 and then the YUGO, should have just bought two Yugo's. DCI makes the receiver and it's the 1.5mm thickness I believe and the other AK's are normally 1.0mm.

Enjoy one of the better low priced AK's out there and be safe!

Robert