PDA

View Full Version : does anybody have firsthand experience with century galil/golani ?

Caeser25
02-01-09, 10:47
I'm thinking about getting one but know nothing about them other than the stories you read about century builds.

Soxfan9
02-02-09, 17:54
I have one. After one range session it is back at Century for repair. I believe mine has a headspace issue. From what I have gathered they are very hit or miss. There is a lot of good info at uzi-world.net. I will see how mine is when I get it back and decide to keep it or move on.

Caeser25
02-02-09, 22:02
a roll of the dice seems to be the consensus from everywhere I've read about em.

Bolt_Overide
02-03-09, 07:15
its still the cheapest you can get a galil pattern rifle... I plan to pick one up and send it off to AZEX to have derek tune it up. Even if he charges me 500 bucks to do it, I still have a good running galil for less than the going price of a pre-ban by a damn site.

Caeser25
02-03-09, 18:15
its still the cheapest you can get a galil pattern rifle... I plan to pick one up and send it off to AZEX to have derek tune it up. Even if he charges me 500 bucks to do it, I still have a good running galil for less than the going price of a pre-ban by a damn site.

who is the is Azex and Derek you speak of? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one anyways and roll the dice:o

Bolt_Overide
02-03-09, 20:01
who is the is Azex and Derek you speak of? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one anyways and roll the dice:o

AZEX = Arizona Expert Arms www.azex.com

Derek (IMO) is to AK and fal pattern rifles what john noveske is the AR15's.

Im sure some will disagree, or submit that there is someone better, and there may well be. But I have seen, and owned dereks handywork, and I gotta say if theres someone better, it cant be by much.

That said, derek is a bit of a character, and some people dont like his personality, me included, but politics and business are seperate in my world, YMMV.