PDA

View Full Version : Paging M4Guru for help with FTE on SBR

FlyingHunter
02-01-09, 15:40
I have a 6.8 spc 10.5" Noveske on a Colt Lower and it is having consistent failure to extract problems. When using my PRI 16" 6.8 spc upper I had no problems on the same lower. It is frequently but not always deforming the case as it feeds with 2 large deformations on the shouler of the case. I have used the PRI generation 2 magazines as Noveske recommends as well as C-Products with no real difference in results. I talked with John Noveske and returned it for an evaluation and sent the cases as well. He returned it in two weeks saying they had 100% function. He said they polished the feed ramps, cleaned he gun -but found no material problems. Now that it's back - no change. It will fire 1 or 2 rounds or even 20-30 rounds then have a major FTE requiring the mortar technique to extract. I have used it with and without the suppresor - the rate of the FTE appears to have no relation to firing suppressed or not. This forum has been invauable for information and assistance and I have found M4Guru's advice incredibly useful. Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated. In advance -thank you.

Kaos
02-01-09, 15:49
I have a 6.8 spc 10.5" Noveske on a Colt Lower and it is having consistent failure to extract problems. When using my PRI 16" 6.8 spc upper I had no problems on the same lower. It is frequently but not always deforming the case as it feeds with 2 large deformations on the shouler of the case. I have used the PRI generation 2 magazines as Noveske recommends as well as C-Products with no real difference in results. I talked with John Noveske and returned it for an evaluation and sent the cases as well. He returned it in two weeks saying they had 100% function. He said they polished the feed ramps, cleaned he gun -but found no material problems. Now that it's back - no change. It will fire 1 or 2 rounds or even 20-30 rounds then have a major FTE requiring the mortar technique to extract. I have used it with and without the suppresor - the rate of the FTE appears to have no relation to firing suppressed or not. This forum has been invauable for information and assistance and I have found M4Guru's advice incredibly useful. Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated. In advance -thank you.

I'd ask John what ammo he was using - compare it to what you're running.

FlyingHunter
02-01-09, 18:27
He asked and we both shot Hornady and Silver State.

CarlosDJackal
02-03-09, 16:48
Have you tried a different buffer/spring combination or a different lower altogether? If so, what were the results?

VA_Dinger
02-03-09, 16:56
It might be a good idea to send M4Guru a PM with your question.

It's easy to miss one thread.

FlyingHunter
02-03-09, 18:10
Roger that. I'll pm M4Guru.

Can you elaborate concerning the buffer set up?

I'll try it on my other lower this weekend - flying all over this week - but happy to be employed as the commercial aviation business has seen it's ups and downs.

Stephen_H
02-03-09, 18:47
M4Guru is off killing booger eaters right now. He may have limited internet access.

Stephen