PDA

View Full Version : Obama considering $2 Trillion TARP, on top of $1 T "stimulus"

JSandi
02-02-09, 01:23
Kudlow: Shelve the Stimulus (Obama considering $2 Trillion TARP, on top of $1 T "stimulus"
Townhall ^ | Jan. 30, 2009 | Larry Kudlow

Later in the day when I interviewed Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, he agreed with Shelby that the stimulus plan should be shelved. For the first time -- as far as I know -- McConnell pledged to vote no on the package.

And in what may prove to be the biggest stimulus-package hurdle of all, news reports suggest that Team Obama is contemplating as much as $2 trillion in TARP additions to rescue the banking system in one form or another. That would be $2 trillion on top of the nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

Government spending, deficits, and debt creation of this magnitude is simply unheard of. So the added TARP money will surely imperil the entire stimulus package as taxpayers around the country begin to digest the enormity of these proposed government actions. Financing of this type would not only destroy the U.S. fiscal position for years to come, it could destroy the dollar in the process. What's more, the likelihood of massive tax increases -- which at some point will become front and center in this gargantuan funding operation -- would doom the economy for decades.

(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

ckmark
02-02-09, 05:21
Cool, keep printing it.

My gold isn't going down any. :D