PDA

View Full Version : A little help, bolt carrier gas key staking tool

packinheavy
02-02-09, 14:18
Who makes that really good one that I have heard about here? It was a fixture of some sort, not a punch.

After staking a new gas key at work today I decided I need to buy one so I can use it at home and work.

Thanks guys. :)

SecretAgentMan
02-02-09, 14:19
MOACKS and P-MOACKS:

http://www.m-guns.com/tools.php

packinheavy
02-02-09, 14:25
That was fast and thanks! :D

trunkmonkey
02-02-09, 15:39
or just buy an automatic punch that will do gas carrier keys and more for less than 20 bucks.

or spend 85 to 175 for a moacks.

R1pper
02-02-09, 16:04
I bought a punch at Harbor Freight for $6

-DM-

packinheavy
02-02-09, 16:55
The $75 is well worth for me to have the tool that will allow me to stake multiple carriers and KNOW they is no chance of the screws coming loose.

I have a center punch at home that I use on my own stuff. I work on enough guns to know that the right tool makes life much easier and a better tool only makes it even easier.

If you are happy with the center punch then great, but I want a better option to stake the gas keys on the M16s and M4s I work on. The fact I can use it on my own stuff(my friends stuff too) makes it an easy decision to spend my own money on it.

Iraqgunz
02-02-09, 17:08
I was using a punch as well, but since I have been using the MOACKS I have been able to get more of the carriers staked properly. I think I have done about 100 of them thus far.