PDA

View Full Version : Tune a Glock Trigger?

Nathan_Bell
12-04-06, 17:31
Is it possible to tune a Glock trigger? I have two G21's that I would like to have their triggers worked to match one another in feel.
Right now the older gun has a much softer trigger, it is a DNP range gun with about 10k down the pipe. The newer G21 is a KEX range gun, it has a slightly harder trigger and a snappier reset.

Will the KEX gun wear in and end up with a trigger like my DNP gun, and if it there is that much difference just from wear should I I have replaced parts in the DNP by now?

If it is not just a wear issue but a tuning issue, who out there is a good hand on tweaking a Glock?

HotRod9mm
12-04-06, 18:22
Is it possible to tune a Glock trigger?........
Yes

Will the KEX gun wear in and end up with a trigger like my DNP gun...

It will get close to the same IF the interal parts are the same, connector, trigger spring e.t.c.

.....if it there is that much difference just from wear should I I have replaced parts in the DNP by now?.........
Nope, aren't broke don't fix it. :D

........ a tuning issue, who out there is a good hand on tweaking a Glock?
To bad you don't live closer. You can help speed up the process by lightly polishing the internal parts(trigger bar, connector...). You can also do some grinding in correct places so the trigger reset is very, Very, VERY short.

bigbore
12-04-06, 22:03
Glocks are best left (except sights) as they left the box.

snacks
12-04-06, 22:05
+1 for that. They even get better with age.

Nathan_Bell
12-05-06, 08:37

Aye, but I would like to have two pistols to match one another.
Right now they don't. So shoot the crap outta the kex gun until its trigger approaches the dnp?

MaceWindu
12-05-06, 09:28

Agreed.

MW

BBossman
12-05-06, 13:11

+1, bigbore knows the virtues of a stock G21. If you have to have matching trigger pulls, replace the connector, trigger bar and spring in the older one: then shoot the snot out of them.

Glockster35
12-07-06, 07:12
I run a Ralph Sotelo (triggerkit.com) setup in my Glock 35, and I think it is the cats ass!

I have never shot a Glock with a trigger pull like this, and for the price, I don't think it can be beat!

Logic
12-14-06, 20:50
Sorry for the slight deviation, but if any of you haven't seen this yet, check it out. Makes you glad you got the 21.

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=40

Nathan_Bell
12-14-06, 22:30
Sorry for the slight deviation, but if any of you haven't seen this yet, check it out. Makes you glad you got the 21.

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=40

Bigbore, the earlier poster who told me to leave it alone is the guy who did that.

Glockster35
12-15-06, 07:14
Many people would agree it is best to leave the Glocks alone and run it stock. I am not a purist when it comes to anything firearm or not. If I can't customize it to my needs or desires, I see no point in owning it.

Neither of mine are stock, I have tweaked them both to fit my needs. I have no issues with them, past or present.

carshooter
12-19-06, 18:29
Lubricate the sear engagement surfaces with some Tetra gun grease and practice dry firing with the one with the stiffer trigger. Eventually, it will wear in to match the one with the lighter trigger.