PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Carrier Group...what's a good brand??

BUCK OFAMA
02-02-09, 18:31
I know LMT and CMT are supposed to be some of the best you can get, but from what I've been hearing it's nearly impossible to find either of them nowadays and even those on waiting lists usually miss them when they come in.

Basically, I've got a new LMT build and I've got everything EXCEPT for the BCG.

At this point, I'm thinking I should just buy whatever I can and hold onto that while I wait for my LMT BCG.

Therefore, can anyone recommend a "next best" BCG...and if possible, where I might actually manage to find one these days? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot, folks.

bkb0000
02-02-09, 18:34
you're mistaking CMT for BCM... LMT and BCM

www.bravocompanyusa.com do a "notify me" on LMT and BCM BCGs, they'll send you an email when either come back in stock- but you gotta move FAST, they're generally sold out within 10 minutes easily.

or if you can wait a month, order one from LMT direct

ZDL
02-02-09, 18:44

www.bravocompanyusa.com do a "notify me" on LMT and BCM BCGs, they'll send you an email when either come back in stock- but you gotta move FAST, they're generally sold out within 10 minutes easily.

Nah... You can take your time. They are in stock for days before they are sold out....

bkb0000 - shut up dude! :D

BUCK OFAMA
02-02-09, 19:06

You're right...where the hell's my head today? I'm indeed already on the waiting list for the LMT and BCM over at Bravo, but I must be an idiot as it never occurred to me to order direct from LMT.

I most certainly can wait a month. For that matter...three months. I'm overseas now and won't even be home to assemble my new weapon until Spring!

Thanks for the advice. I'll contact LMT now.

goldakma
02-02-09, 19:08

Is true that i only need to wait a month or so. Cause if that's the case i can wait that long.

bkb0000
02-02-09, 22:38
Is true that i only need to wait a month or so. Cause if that's the case i can wait that long.

i cant make any promises- i dont work for LMT. but the two that i ordered took about a month, and my home-dog just got his yesterday from an order placed right after Christmas. so that's the pattern i'm seeing.

Urabus23
02-03-09, 00:22
You're right...where the hell's my head today? I'm indeed already on the waiting list for the LMT and BCM over at Bravo, but I must be an idiot as it never occurred to me to order direct from LMT.

I most certainly can wait a month. For that matter...three months. I'm overseas now and won't even be home to assemble my new weapon until Spring!

Thanks for the advice. I'll contact LMT now.

Must be all them testosterone pills you're taking! Knowing your luck, LMT's gonna be out of parts for your BCG! Good luck:eek:

Buckeye67
02-03-09, 01:08
Two thumbs up for BCM. I have two BCM BCG's and they're absolutely fantastic. If you can snag one from somewhere, you'll not be disappointed.

chadbag
02-03-09, 01:27
I got a call from LMT today that a bunch of stuff I ordered back in Nov (right after the election) including BCG is ready and waiting for payment...

Cold Zero
02-03-09, 06:12
Colt, B.C.M., L.M.T.

C4IGrant
02-03-09, 08:52
For BCG's, I like Colt, LMT, BCM and the ones we build.

I am not really a fan of the CMT BCG's because of how they build them.

C4

jakjakman
02-03-09, 10:27
So the best way to order from LMT direct is to just call them up?

spamsammich
02-03-09, 11:46
they have a pretty easy to navigate website with an online catalog.

Bpurcg19
02-03-09, 11:59
I called LMT and they said atleast a 12-25 week wait......

BVickery
02-03-09, 15:08
Grant,

You still in the dark when you will be able to offer the G&R Tactical FA BCG?

glazer1972
02-04-09, 10:25
Colt, BCM or LMT FA BCGs.

Sttrongbow
02-04-09, 10:47
You can pick them up on the EE at TOS, IF you're willing to pay a premium. I picked up a BCM M16 BCG from there a couple days ago for about $150 (it was listed for more, but the guy had three people back out on him and I I said I'd paypal within 10 minutes... he accepted. Definitely a markup, but I had an otherwise complete rifle with a brand-spankin' new BCM middie upper just sitting in a case without a BCG. I was willing to pay the extra $20!

BUCK OFAMA
02-04-09, 18:19
You can pick them up on the EE at TOS, IF you're willing to pay a premium. I picked up a BCM M16 BCG from there a couple days ago for about $150 (it was listed for more, but the guy had three people back out on him and I I said I'd paypal within 10 minutes... he accepted. Definitely a markup, but I had an otherwise complete rifle with a brand-spankin' new BCM middie upper just sitting in a case without a BCG. I was willing to pay the extra $20!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is TOS and EE?

joffe
02-04-09, 18:28
Pardon my ignorance, but what is TOS and EE?

Equipment Exchange at That Other Site (arfcom).

BUCK OFAMA
02-04-09, 19:19
Equipment Exchange at That Other Site (arfcom).

THANKS!

mew
02-05-09, 21:48
I'm very impressed with the one I got from Larue.

C4IGrant
02-05-09, 22:01
I'm very impressed with the one I got from Larue.

What impressed you?

C4

mew
02-07-09, 21:47
the key is staked properly, finish is uniform, price, order filled promptly, and can't forget the free goodies:D(dillo's etc.)

bkb0000
02-07-09, 22:22
the key is staked properly, finish is uniform, price, order filled promptly, and can't forget the free goodies:D(dillo's etc.)

well enjoy it- last i heard mark's pulled 'em off the shelf.

BUCK OFAMA
02-07-09, 23:56
Just in case anyone's planning to order direct from LMT, I placed my order and was contacted by the rep who gave me an estimated ship date of JUNE 30th!! He says, in all likelihood, it'll ship before that...but that's the date they're giving on all orders right now.

I wonder if Barry Hussein has any idea what kind of magic he worked on the firearms industry. I'm telling you, I'm becoming more and more convinced that he's a right wing undercover operative with orders to infiltrate and destroy the liberal presence in DC.

:D

Think about it! He appoints a cabinet full of Dims that are shortly thereafter exposed as criminals, tax cheats and general scumbags.

His very presence sends gun sales skyrocketing, despite the economy.

He's caused more in-party fighting than any other candidate in my lifetime.

And that "stimulus package," well...FDR himself couldn't have put together a more flawed, fraudulent, astromonically, hideously, shamefully, all-out wasteful piece of special-interest, hypocritical BS.

It's almost as if he's TRYING to ensure a Dim congressional wipeout in '10, and a GOP victory in '12.

I'm starting to like this guy!!

:eek:

Patrick Henry
02-08-09, 00:40
I called LMT and they said atleast a 12-25 week wait......

A couple of weeks ago they told me uppers and BCGs are probably 20-24 weeks out, which is about the same as other companies' backlogs right now. After taxes are finished I'm placing an order.

GaryXD
02-08-09, 08:27
Three of my carbines have BCM and two have CMT. If you buy the CMT's from Denny's or JTAC they properly stake the gas key. On the CMT's I change the extractor spring and insert. They all work fine.

No.6
02-08-09, 08:40
Just in case anyone's planning to order direct from LMT, I placed my order and was contacted by the rep who gave me an estimated ship date of JUNE 30th!! He says, in all likelihood, it'll ship before that...but that's the date they're giving on all orders right now.

Guess I'd better get an order in soon then.

I wonder if Barry Hussein has any idea what kind of magic he worked on the firearms industry. I'm telling you, I'm becoming more and more convinced that he's a right wing undercover operative with orders to infiltrate and destroy the liberal presence in DC.

Wepublicans are weally wascally.

Think about it! He appoints a cabinet full of Dims that are shortly thereafter exposed as criminals, tax cheats and general scumbags.

Just repeating history. Remember Mr. Bill's troubled appointment. And don't forget there are (R)'s that are just as bad. Only difference seems to be when a Republican gets accused, he'll resign.

His very presence sends gun sales skyrocketing, despite the economy.

At least there is some good in it. We'll need a wheelbarrow full of dollars to buy bread (if we can find it), but a least we'll be able to defend it once we do.

He's caused more in-party fighting than any other candidate in my lifetime.

Mr. Bill was divisive too. And Mrs. Bill isn't the most popular within the party either. Hmm, there may be something to this. Since she's no longer a Senator, she'll have less influence within the party. One less faction to contend with.

And that "stimulus package," well...FDR himself couldn't have put together a more flawed, fraudulent, astromonically, hideously, shamefully, all-out wasteful piece of special-interest, hypocritical BS.

More like a liberal wish list with no consideration to economics and history. The Kenyan is just showing his true colors (no pun intended) as an unashamed liberal.

It's almost as if he's TRYING to ensure a Dim congressional wipeout in '10, and a GOP victory in '12.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

I'm starting to like this guy!!

Jay Cunningham
02-08-09, 09:15
Keep this thread on-topic.

senorlinc
02-08-09, 09:53
Placed an order for a BCG with LMT via their website in november. it was quick and painless. so painless in fact, that i thought they didnt receive it. received my item in mid december and the charge to my credit card soon after. it seems to be a quality piece (i have limited experience and only have LMT BCGs) but i have so far been satisfied.

C4IGrant
02-08-09, 13:10

What other BCG's have you owned?

C4