PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense DDM4

xxTxxJxx
02-03-09, 02:48
anyone seen one of these yet. what i hear is now that Daniel Defense has taken the Government contract away from KAC for hand guards they are going after FN for the weapons contract as well.

I also heard it rumored that Daniel Defense is milling their own upper and lower receivers as well BUIS for thier new rifle.

anyone here have any Info about it.

kukang
02-03-09, 05:06
This thread has some info:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24616&highlight=daniel+defense

Robb Jensen
02-03-09, 05:41
We got our first complete DD M4 yesterday.

Info for rob_s for the chart:

4150 hammer forged 1/7 5.56 NATO chrome lined barrel.
H buffer
staked QD DD end plate to castle nut
staked bolt M16 bolt carrier
M4 feed ramps

The barrel is the same traditional 16" M4 profile. Magpul MOE stock, DD forward grip, DD fixed BUIS sight. Magpul PMAG.
I'll take a look today but I'm sure it's a MPI tested bolt.

Jay Cunningham
02-03-09, 06:10
staked QD DD end plate to castle nut

Nice touch.

Iraqgunz
02-03-09, 06:45
Sounds like I made a good choice. What do we know about the extractor spring and insert?

Robb Jensen
02-03-09, 06:57
Sounds like I made a good choice. What do we know about the extractor spring and insert?

I'll take a closer look today and maybe get some pics before it sales.

rob_s
02-03-09, 06:59
I'll be getting the "Chart breakdown" direct from DD, after I have a T&E sample in my hot little hands to verify with. :D

The parts that GotM4 posted above were confirmed when I saw them at SHOT. I agree that the (staked) DD single point sling adapter is a nice touch, and would have been disappointed if it wasn't there considering the source.

AirTrafficControl
02-03-09, 18:49
Rainierarms has them in stock.

bullseye
02-03-09, 19:35
i have two of their uppers, they advertise that their BCG'S are MP'ed,,,,,but no marking on the BCG. i emailed daniel defence and asked them if in fact this BCG was MP'ed,,they "SAID" ,,,,,yes , of course,,, this is the best stuff under the sun,,tested 9 ways from hell,,as dumb as i am it appears to a simple sum-bitch like me that if their stuff if MP'ed,,it would be marked as such. this is un-questionably some high-quality gear,,,,,,wonder if their new "complete" rifles have the unmarked BCG's????not knocking them in any way,,, everybody got all over larue tactical for not having MP'ed BCG's [now he is "texas-spec],,,,,,does d.d. get a free ride???remember, i have two of them' i have already put my money where my [typing] is.
'

Fringe
02-03-09, 20:00
I am super stoked about this set-up as it just seems to have everything but a sling and a light that I would need on a carbine of my choice, not to mention that I have been dreaming about a 12" DD Omega with the RIS lock-up and to be able to get in on a complete DD rifle that was specked by Larry Vickers is just all the more reason to drop the reasonable price.
I am looking forward to running this gun hard

Stickman
02-03-09, 20:43
does d.d. get a free ride???

No free pass, but stamping the bolt no more makes it MPI than a nonstamped bolt. They have stated from the start that it is, and that all of them are, not simply batch testing. They have never played around or minced words about it that I am aware of.

mmike87
02-04-09, 07:24
No free pass, but stamping the bolt no more makes it MPI than a nonstamped bolt. They have stated from the start that it is, and that all of them are, not simply batch testing. They have never played around or minced words about it that I am aware of.

DD has an excellent repuation - I don't think they'd be untruthful in regards to the bolt being MPI. I agree - if they say they are all MPI I'd take them at their word. I doubt they'd risk their rep on something like that.

rob_s
02-04-09, 07:40
I'll take the word of a company like DD over the stamping of a lesser company.

C4IGrant
02-04-09, 09:36
i have two of their uppers, they advertise that their BCG'S are MP'ed,,,,,but no marking on the BCG. i emailed daniel defence and asked them if in fact this BCG was MP'ed,,they "SAID" ,,,,,yes , of course,,, this is the best stuff under the sun,,tested 9 ways from hell,,as dumb as i am it appears to a simple sum-bitch like me that if their stuff if MP'ed,,it would be marked as such. this is un-questionably some high-quality gear,,,,,,wonder if their new "complete" rifles have the unmarked BCG's????not knocking them in any way,,, everybody got all over larue tactical for not having MP'ed BCG's [now he is "texas-spec],,,,,,does d.d. get a free ride???remember, i have two of them' i have already put my money where my [typing] is.
'

Bolts do not have to be marked MP to actually be MP'd.

C4

bullseye
02-04-09, 18:49
these really are some "fine-looking" uppers, have shot one that i gave to my boy,,, no scope, so i cannot exactly give an accuracy report, but no mal-functions through approx. 400 rds. during my travels i did fid out that "stickman"was using one of their uppers for a duty weapon,,,,that was all the endorsement i needed, so i got another one. i think d.d. has some very high quality products and as stated above i'm not knocking them,,i HAVE put my money on their products. the wonderful part is---when prices were to where someone could actually afford to get one [or two]. the bottom line is----this is some sho-nuff nice looking equipment that works. [i DID take their word that all their stuff was GTG, as i have the same opinion as yall on their integrity, that's why i got another]

'