PDA

View Full Version : CPO Sig's

miss debbie
02-04-09, 14:51
What experiences has anyone had with a certified per owned Sigs? Good/bad the price is 500.00 w 4-15 round mags

bundoc
02-04-09, 16:04
I purchased a p226 in 357 sig back in 2006. I have not shot it much since ammo is so expensive in that caliber (was my first gun, ignorant to ammo price back then). For the three years that I have owned it I put around 1500-2000 rds of brass usually WWB , some Georgia Arms and some Gold Dots with out a single malfunction.

Although the round count is not high, I do not doubt its reliability. I clean and lube after every shooting session and it has never given me a problem.

My brother recently purchased (3 months) a p229 with a both 40/357 barrel which now has around 200rds from each caliber also without a single malfunction.
I think the CPO Sig's are gtg especially for being half the price of retail.

P.S. - many of the CPOs I have seen are the non-railed versions which I prefer.

theJanitor
02-04-09, 16:12
i bought a 229 before Y2K, it was turned in to a dealer by our local SWAT team, sent to sig to be checked out (IIRC) and sold to me. it's ran without a hiccup since. probably only 1000 rounds since then, though. i only bought it because it was a good deal, not to shoot it alot.

miss debbie
02-04-09, 16:20
Ok thanks for replys my dilemma is I want to purchase a pistol for my hubby and the two wanted were a Sig and a Glock 17 both priced about the same (
G17 450.00) I should make my decision with in the end of the week. Thanks.

ToddG
02-04-09, 17:51
Choosing between a used SIG and a new G17, I would definitely go with the G17.

Choosing between a used SIG and a used G17, I would still probably go with the G17 unless there was something really seriously wrong with the Glock. However, I'd expect the price of the Glock to be significantly less than the SIG if both are used (assuming same sights, same number of magazines, etc.).

TRD
02-04-09, 18:03
I have had no problems with my certified pre-owned SIGs. They are worth every penny. Get one. You will not regret it.

MarshallDodge
02-04-09, 18:31
Has your friend shot both guns?

I don't think you can go wrong with either gun. The G17 would probably win in the longevity dept. but the Sig has some features that I like better. :cool:

HK45
02-05-09, 07:53
There were al ot of complaints not long ago that the CPO Sigs were being refinished with a poor quality finish that was flaking off. Don't know if that is still true but lots of people on the Sig Forum were complaining about it including dealers with unhappy customers. I would go with the Glock 17 in a heartbeat, better yet an M&P since I don't trust Sigs quality control any more and that is something I never thought I would say.

automan
02-05-09, 08:03
What experiences has anyone had with a certified per owned Sigs? Good/bad the price is 500.00 w 4-15 round mags

Good deals with good pistols that work as well as new ones with almost 1/2 the cost.

automan
02-05-09, 08:07
Choosing between a used SIG and a new G17, I would definitely go with the G17.

Choosing between a used SIG and a used G17, I would still probably go with the G17 unless there was something really seriously wrong with the Glock. However, I'd expect the price of the Glock to be significantly less than the SIG if both are used (assuming same sights, same number of magazines, etc.).

Why choose a G17 over the Sig?

warpigM-4
02-05-09, 10:22
My vote is the SIG

ToddG
02-05-09, 11:03
Why choose a G17 over the Sig?

There have been waves of unrest on SIGforum about CPO quality. It comes and goes. Sometimes everyone has good things to say, sometimes it's all complaints. My guess is that depending on the source of the guns and their overall condition, batches go out the door in differing states of Goodness.

An old SIG has a lot more parts I'd want checked/replaced before I'd trust it compared to an old 9mm Glock.

More importantly, for the price of a CPO SIG you can probably buy a new Glock, and I'd rather a new gun over a used one.

miss debbie
02-05-09, 16:07
Just to clairify both guns are used and the G17 and the salesperson my husband and I have been dealing with for about 4 yrs say's the G17 only was used to get CHL only 50 rounds have been fired through gun, and it comes with 3-17 round mags ans 2-19 round mags. I didn't know they had 19 round mags.