PDA

View Full Version : Noveske availability

Peshawar
02-05-09, 19:06
Hope it's ok that I started a new thread for this. Hot potata! :)

N4 Basic Uppers at Rainier (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=873)

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 19:47
I'll bet the folks that have had them on back order for months from Noveske are thrilled.:rolleyes:

Mung
02-05-09, 19:49
Out of stock.:rolleyes:

bkb0000
02-05-09, 19:50
haha. the only one they have avail is with a vortex/omega and is flippin expensive... 1200 for a carbine UPPER is a lot, no matter who makes it.

Peshawar
02-05-09, 19:51
Dayum. That was FAST. I didn't buy one, too broke right now. :(

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 19:53
Guess it shows you to never order anything from Noveske. They make uppers for their dealers and special editions before getting to regular customer orders.

bkb0000
02-05-09, 19:57
Guess it shows you to never order anything from Noveske. They make uppers for their dealers and special editions before getting to regular customer orders.

how do you know that wasn't from an order placed 3 months ago? even if it wasn't, who do you have more loyalty to- someone who might order two rifles from you in a lifetime? or a dealer who's constantly backordered with you?

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 20:02
The dealers are buying the rifles to sell to the consumers. Bite the hand of the consumers and the factory nor the dealers will sell any.

Wait for the next special edition rifle to come out soon and push back delivery dates some more.

bkb0000
02-05-09, 20:07
well, there's two ways to see it... yours, apparently, is that they have a billion people waiting for rifles, so they should be focusing on getting those filled ASAP and put everything else on hold. the second, which, being a businessman myself can relate to, is that regular life has to go on despite the fact that America went crazy and elected an obomination. if i were a rifle maker, i wouldnt sacrifice all the good stuff i love to do- special edition rifles and special projects- just because i'm busy.

ETA: nor would i kill my relationships with my dealers and distributers

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 20:11
So as a businessman you would put out a special product ( larger profit for you) for immediate sale only to make your back ordered customers wait even longer?

I own a business and if I did that I wouldn't have a client base anymore to screw over. They would be feed up with my shenanigans and go elsewhere.

bkb0000
02-05-09, 20:19
i'm a contractor- i have large contracts on-going, but occasionally smaller, higher paying jobs pop up that I cant pass up. so i'll take men off a larger contract to go make a quick buck. sometimes i get yelled at for it, but if your product is righteous people will deal with a little inconvenience- just as ill still buy from noveske, despite the long waits i've experienced with them and other top manufacturers.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 20:28
Sorry to sound a little salty, but I have been dealing with them for 3 months.
Every time I talk to them my upper is one of the next ones to be built.
Then they are out of bolts. They get the bolts in and ..what do you know they have a Special Edition Rifle come out and now they are out of another part for my upper. But don't worry they tell me, the bolts will be in a week or two.
Then they put out another Special Edition Rifle and now they are out of upper receivers. But don't worry they tell me again they'll have more in next week.
They get those in and boom... another problem comes up with mine.
I flat out asked them if mine will be pushed back anymore if they come out with another S.E.R. they answered " yes, huh, oh, I, uh, mean no." Right.

Skter505
02-05-09, 20:31
I'm sure they have had those on order for a while. As far as the special editions I read somewhere that noveske has a shortage of lowers, therefore creating a magpul rifle with a magpul lower is not a problem. LMT does the same thing you can order from them and wait 20+ weeks or maybe a dealer will get more tommorow. Everyone waits in line.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 20:35
The customers that have back ordered from Noveske directly are waiting in line. A revolving, ever changing line. If you think it's just me then do a search. Several folks are getting the ol' run around.

Why did they even have back order at one time if they are just going to work around it.
If they wanted to have "stadium seating" they should never have accepted bo's and just built them and sold to the highest bidder.

bkb0000
02-05-09, 20:48
i can relate to the frustration.. ive found its best to place the order and forget about it. then its a great pleasant surprise when you get your bank statement and see that $1,800 charge from Noveske Rifleworks LLC

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 20:56
i can relate to the frustration.. ive found its best to place the order and forget about it. then its a great pleasant surprise when you get your bank statement and see that $1,800 charge from Noveske Rifleworks LLC

I feel they are wasting my time and lying to me. If I would have known this I wouldn't have wasted months.

At the time of my call I was assured 2 weeks till delivery as they had all the parts to build the uppers they had on order and still had enough parts to build mine. So tell me were did my parts go??

Bighead
02-05-09, 21:05
Have you canceled your order with Noveske yet?

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 21:09
Have you canceled your order with Noveske yet?

Why, do you want to take my place in line? :p

I've been pretty much next for months. So with everything they are putting out, I expect a July to December delivery. Might just buy one of the next runs for Rainer or get another LT. Noveske is not the end all.

Bighead
02-05-09, 21:13
Why, do you want to take my place in line? :p

Nope...I have the Noveske/Magpul MOE Carbine.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 21:14
Nope...I have the Noveske/Magpul MOE Carbine.

I looked at those but wasn't spending 800 bucks for a 250 lower that doesn't do anything that a 150 lower won't do.

As my youngest would say " all bling and no zing."

NickB
02-05-09, 21:35
The dealers are buying the rifles to sell to the consumers. Bite the hand of the consumers and the factory nor the dealers will sell any.

Wait for the next special edition rifle to come out soon and push back delivery dates some more.

I think you're misinformed. I hate to say that the Magpul/Noveske guns have been "in line" longer than most, but these guns have been in the works for 6 months at this point, and I'm not sure when the next gun will be released, or in what configuration. We're not pushing back any delivery dates - this isn't a spur of the moment project, I assure you.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 21:45
I think you're misinformed. I hate to say that the Magpul/Noveske guns have been "in line" longer than most, but these guns have been in the works for 6 months at this point, and I'm not sure when the next gun will be released, or in what configuration. We're not pushing back any delivery dates - this isn't a spur of the moment project, I assure you.

I have heard what you are saying but as I have posted before:

I have been waiting for months now and they always have this to say "we are out of x part, we should get them next week and build yours next. We have y and z parts"
Then a SER comes out.

Then " we have x parts now but are out of y parts, we should get them next week and built yours next." Now I ask you..where the hell did the y parts go????

Then another SER comes out.

Then "we have y parts now but are out of z parts to build yours, we should get them next week and built yours" Now I ask you..where the hell did the z parts go????

See were my frustration is coming from. If I would have known this I wouldn't have wasted months. At the time of my call I was assured 2 to 3 weeks tops till delivery as they had all the parts to build the uppers they had ordered and enough parts to build mine. Then were the did those parts go?
I called back about a month after my original order and the salesperson was confused and thought I was ordering another upper. Salesperson said again that the upper would take 2 to 3 weeks tops. I told that person that would be funny as the one I ordered a month ago hasn't even came in yet.

Can you see where my frustration is coming from? I have also been told by Noveske that once a the part that I am currently waiting on becomes available that does not mean that my upper will be built. The parts that are in stock for my upper may become not in stock by the time the other out of stock part comes in. :rolleyes:

Seems I am in a continuous loop of out of stock parts, first this one and then another when the original comes in. Any idea when the revolving loop may be closed?

And how can I be misinformed when the information I am getting about Noveske is coming from Noveske.

Sorry, I just read your Bio and see you work for Magpul, not Noveske. So you probably have no idea of what is going on at Noveske.

NickB
02-05-09, 22:03
See were my frustration is coming from. If I would have known this I wouldn't have wasted months. At the time of my call I was assured 2 weeks till delivery as they had all the parts to build the uppers they had ordered and enough parts to build mine.

Can you see where my frustration is coming from? I have also been told by Noveske that once a the part that I am currently waiting on becomes available that does not mean that my upper will be built. The parts that are in stock for my upper may become not in stock by the time the other out of stock part comes in. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I really don't see where your frustration is coming from. I'll tell you this right now: we are planning more rifles, and are already allocating parts. Magpul is allocating stocks, grips, magazines, and rail panels. Noveske is setting aside uppers, barrels, and all the other necessary components. These things take planning. That doesn't mean we're stealing components from your build, or taking mags from XYZ dealer's order. It simply means that we're planning in advance for a special project, and not at the expense of you or anyone else. Consider my "order" as being placed last September, and I may be waiting a while yet before seeing another delivery.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 22:10
I'm sorry, but I really don't see where your frustration is coming from. I'll tell you this right now: we are planning more rifles, and are already allocating parts. Magpul is allocating stocks, grips, magazines, and rail panels. Noveske is setting aside uppers, barrels, and all the other necessary components. These things take planning. That doesn't mean we're stealing components from your build, or taking mags from XYZ dealer's order. It simply means that we're planning in advance for a special project, and not at the expense of you or anyone else. Consider my "order" as being placed last September, and I may be waiting a while yet before seeing another delivery.

I notice again that you don't work for Noveske. So do you know exactly what they are doing at Noveske. I have been told by them that parts may be diverted for special things.

NickB
02-05-09, 22:34
I notice again that you don't work for Noveske. So do you know exactly what they are doing at Noveske. I have been told by them that parts may be diverted for special things.

I work for Magpul, not Noveske, so I'm not 100% sure what they're doing with parts. Either way, this isn't a last minute decision - I'm saying that now so no one is surprised/upset when the next gun hits.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 22:40
I work for Magpul, not Noveske, so I'm not 100% sure what they're doing with parts. Either way, this isn't a last minute decision - I'm saying that now so no one is surprised/upset when the next gun hits.

Oh, I'm not surprised because Noveske told me that one was coming and parts for other customers uppers and rifles that are in stock would be used to make them, thus making the parts out of stock for the the customers bo'ed uppers.

NickB
02-05-09, 22:45
Oh, I'm not surprised because Noveske told me that one was coming and parts for other customers uppers and rifles that are in stock would be used to make them, thus making the parts out of stock for the the customers bo'ed uppers.

Who did you talk to at Noveske? I'll be talking with John tomorrow, anyway.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-05-09, 23:09
Who did you talk to at Noveske? I'll be talking with John tomorrow, anyway.

I ( and others) have posted Joel was telling me and others the " 2 to 3 weeks tops" statement. And made the statement way into Dec when the orders from the first week in November were greatly past the 2 to 3 mark. So it's way too late to fix my error or others on that.
The person that told me about the parts availability and the past and future Noveske/Magpul AR Special Edition Rifles cannibalizing parts from BO'ed customers orders is one I haven't and will not reveal. That person probably needs their job, probably doesn't have any decision on what is going on, and doesn't need a hassle from the boss. No sence in getting a person in trouble for telling the truth.

I think tomorrow I will be calling around to several places and back ordering several different uppers from Noveske to LaRue. First one I get I keep, the rest I cancel. Two can play this game.

rob_s
02-06-09, 04:33
I can certainly sympathize with someone that has had an upper on order for months only to see a complete gun go out with pretty much exactly the upper their waiting on.

I think the point that Nick is making is that the "order" for the upper on the complete gun most likely pre-dates your order for the upper, and that is why it's not seen as robbing parts from "your" upper to build the complete gun.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-06-09, 06:14
Rob,
I definitely see what you are saying about not "robbing" Peter to make Paul, so to speak.

It's when they are telling me and others they are doing it. Taking parts they have now that are in stock to build the S.E.R.'s and will continue do so in the future. Leaving the customer b.o.'ed uppers even more late as they use up all available parts . It's pretty frustrating, even though I see your point.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-09, 08:55
Should people not be able to resell their Noveske rifles till the back order is gone? We have no idea when the 'PO' was written by MAGPUL to pull the trigger on the rifles. That is more similar to the situation since I think it is pretty obvious with the speed that MAGPUL brings out products that this has been in the works for awhile. For all we know the Magpul rifles are taking a back seat to customer orders, they are just too secretive to know.

Noveske could be putting orders ahead of yours all the time for other customers and you wouldn't know. You just have to trust that they are doing the right thing.

(I threw a SPR upper back into the pool to get an MPL Reece. How does that fit into the Noveske Karma situation?)

In no way saying that you are wrong to question. It would be cool if Magpul came out and said that they decided to do the rifles back in June and that there will be x number rifles released eventually.

ZOMBIE101
02-06-09, 10:14
The person that told me about the parts availability and the past and future Noveske/Magpul AR Special Edition Rifles cannibalizing parts from BO'ed customers orders is one I haven't and will not reveal. That person probably needs their job, probably doesn't have any decision on what is going on, and doesn't need a hassle from the boss. No sence in getting a person in trouble for telling the truth.
IF YOU WHERE SOOO CONSERNED...YOU WOULDNT OF OPENED YOU BIG MOUTH.

I THINK YOUR FULL OF SHIT & BIG CRYBABY!!!

Triad Tactical
02-06-09, 11:36
I tried to palce an order for a 308 over the phone with Noveske yesterday. They told me that they are not taking new orders. There is no waiting list or notification list to get on. Flat out, go away, call back in 4-6 months and see if we can sell you one then. Must be nice to be in that position. I had to order something else from a different provider.

Jay Cunningham
02-06-09, 11:49

You are out of line - pm sent.

Todd.K
02-06-09, 13:43
I'm sorry you received an inaccurate estimate.
We were simply overwhelmed with orders after the elections and it took us too long to recognise that. Those taking orders were too busy taking orders to realise the pre-election time frame was no longer accurate.

We were also too optimistic about parts we had on order shipping on time, and have had some very public issues with the finish on parts.

I can understand your being upset about the inaccurate estimate but I don't understand Your belief that it is in some way personal. The Magpul rifles were a commitment, just like your order and Rainier Arms orders. We are focusing all our efforts on backorders and not taking any orders until we catch up.

HAIL-CAESAR
02-06-09, 18:33

And a good day to you too, Sir.

I'm sorry you received an inaccurate estimate.
We were simply overwhelmed with orders after the elections and it took us too long to recognize that. Those taking orders were too busy taking orders to realize the pre-election time frame was no longer accurate.

We were also too optimistic about parts we had on order shipping on time, and have had some very public issues with the finish on parts.

I can understand your being upset about the inaccurate estimate but I don't understand Your belief that it is in some way personal. The Magpul rifles were a commitment, just like your order and Rainier Arms orders. We are focusing all our efforts on back orders and not taking any orders until we catch up.

Sir, thank you for taking time to post a reply. For the record I am not thinking it is any way personal. In no way do I think I'm important enough for your company to pick my order from a stack and think " This is a guy were going to give the stick too.":p
I'm sure your company has a much higher morals than that and if it in any way came across like I was insinuating otherwise, I apologize.

It just has been very frustrating and yesterday I must have had a rock stuck in my craw. In hindsight I wish I wouldn't have said anything or just PM'ed you.
Again, my apologies.

To my limited defense: my estrogen overload was a combination of being absolutely promised a 2 to 3 week deadline, deadline on my side, and really wanting your product very badly. I passed up numerous quality uppers in the last months because I had a Noveske upper ordered that was supposed to be shipped any day. I guess I have enough reasons to be slightly irked, but no reason to be mad.

Your product is the one I have wanted for a long time, and is #1 on my list, and #2, and #3. ;)

Thank you again Sir for your reply. That is the first honest answer or statement I have heard. It is hard to stay upset when a person has enough moral character and strength to say "I'm sorry, I screwed up." That goes a long way with me.

I was WRONG to errornet complain and should have voiced my issues with Email, PM, or on the phone. I'm sorry, I screwed up too and am embarrassed because of so.

ZOMBIE101
02-06-09, 19:15
And a good day to you too, Sir.
LoL'...I also want to make a public apology to you for blowing a fuse like that. ;)

HAIL-CAESAR
02-06-09, 19:31
LoL'...I also want to make a public apology to you for blowing a fuse like that. ;)

No problem I guess. I think the 24hr temper flu must be going around. Just recovering myself.

Jay Cunningham
02-06-09, 22:31
This thread has run its course.