PDA

View Full Version : search problem

rkrk
02-05-09, 19:17
new to the site and having trouble with the search function

I consistently get a white screen when I try to search on this site. I don't have any problem navigating otherwise but have repeatedly gotten this blank, white screen.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks
rich

C4IGrant
02-06-09, 15:23
new to the site and having trouble with the search function

I consistently get a white screen when I try to search on this site. I don't have any problem navigating otherwise but have repeatedly gotten this blank, white screen.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks
rich

Hard to say. I just used the search function with no issues.

C4

Icculus
08-10-09, 12:21
I get a similar problem from time to time. The screen will go all white and the address bar changes to

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?do=process

Seems to happen more often with broader search criteria that would give more hits. For example a search this morning for "remington r-25" worked fine and produced 4 hits. A search later for "458 socom upper" which was limited to the beyond 5.56 forum but I imagine would still generate a large # of results gave me the white screen. Whatever it is doing though it's enough to trip the search timer as if you go back from the white screen and search again you get the 30 second timer. I've tested and seen it happen with IE but honestly I'm using Firefox 99% of the time. Don't know if thats a contributing factor but I also search on a couple of other forums backed by vbulletin with firefox and don't get this so don't think its a browser issue.

Not a huge deal, I just try and make my searches a touch more specific. Just wanted to try and offer up some more details for troubleshooting.

vel525
08-27-09, 09:47
I've also been getting this problem the past two days. Had no issues before, but the past two days I've not been able to search because of this. Weird.

subzero
08-27-09, 09:57
I'm getting this as well. I get the following text when I try to search:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

When I go Back and try and search again, I get the "you must wait 30 seconds between searches" message. Very annoying.

vel525
08-27-09, 10:15
just ran some searches and it worked fine. i wonder if we are using some words that is causing the search function to not work?

Tangotag
08-28-09, 12:11
Still an issue today 3 or more word searches seems to be an issue.

Try something like "single point sling" etc.

Hopefully this is not going to be a regular issue.

gman622
08-30-09, 16:19
Have been unable to search, regardless of the # of words!:confused:

jkmw
09-03-09, 06:52
Also no joy...either at work on barebones system or at home on quad core i7. Here at work I get "Network Error" message. If I do not wait the requisite 30 seconds the site tells me to wait. But when I do wait, same Network Error message. Doesn't seem to matter how many words I enter ex; larue upper:(

panzerr
09-14-09, 18:05
I've been attempting to search for .22 conversion kits and dedicated uppers the past week and keep getting this:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknow