PDA

View Full Version : If I buy a bunch of lowers…

baffle Stack
12-05-06, 16:56
Will I have to do that Brady instant check for each of them? So like if I got 3 lowers, does that mean 3 instant background checks? I will be getting them all at the same time.

Will I run into any other hassle buying a bunch of lowers? I’m not too worried because I live in NM, but I’d like to avoid unnecessary headaches.

Thanks.

SethB
12-05-06, 18:11
I asked my dealer; they can be added to the same 4473 via and addendum. So it's like buying one gun.

KiloSierra
12-05-06, 19:17
What he said. All they do over the phone after the ffl verification number and buyers personal info is ask how many and what type of items and what the serial numbers are.

baffle Stack
12-05-06, 22:01
Sounds good guys, Thanks.

One more thing, Is there "limit" (for lack of a better term) as to how many I can buy at one time? I don't want to deal with ATF asking me if I'm a dealer. I just want some lowers for my own collection. Not to sell for profit.

Robb Jensen
12-06-06, 04:38
Sounds good guys, Thanks.

One more thing, Is there "limit" (for lack of a better term) as to how many I can buy at one time? I don't want to deal with ATF asking me if I'm a dealer. I just want some lowers for my own collection. Not to sell for profit.

Thre is only a limit if they are 'pistol' lowers. Then there would be an additional form filled out by the dealer which is sent/faxed to ATF within 24hrs for more than 1 handgun within 5 business days. If they're transferred to you as 'stripped rifle receiver' or 'rifle receiver' etc. there isn't a limit.

matt7184
12-06-06, 08:45
I believe it is more than 2 handguns in a 5 business day period.

Robb Jensen
12-06-06, 08:48
I believe it is more than 2 handguns in a 5 business day period.

You're right, it was early and I hadn't had my coffee yet.

C4IGrant
12-06-06, 19:23
Thre is only a limit if they are 'pistol' lowers. Then there would be an additional form filled out by the dealer which is sent/faxed to ATF within 24hrs for more than 1 handgun within 5 business days. If they're transferred to you as 'stripped rifle receiver' or 'rifle receiver' etc. there isn't a limit.

2 pistols in five days and then after that, the secret agent appears at your door.

C4

baffle Stack
12-06-06, 23:45
2 pistols in five days and then after that, the secret agent appears at your door.

C4

I felt kinda funny asking. I'll take that tin foil hat off now. :D

Is that 2 pistols in five days a national thing?

TOrrock
12-07-06, 00:23
I felt kinda funny asking. I'll take that tin foil hat off now. :D

Is that 2 pistols in five days a national thing?

Yup, was instituted to combat gun running from free states into occupied territories.

baffle Stack
12-07-06, 03:39
You all have been a great help. Thank you!

redduck21502
12-08-06, 07:32
I for one am glad that they have these rules in place to stop you gun runners. :rolleyes:

You must be lucky, in MD, we are bound by a "gun a month" law for handguns and "assault weapons" unless you are a collector. I think that you can only get about 8 per year because you cannot fill the paperwork for another until AFTER the MD waiting period, which is like 10 calendar days due to the weekends. :mad:

WisP35
01-25-07, 18:47
you can buy 2 lower recievers at once in MD, but, you have to wait 60 days to buy a handgun or assault weapon or lower reciever after that. So either way, its about 1 per month. I didnt know it was different in other states.