PDA

View Full Version : Carbon motors says 2012

ZDL
02-06-09, 15:16
http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2009/02/carbon-e7-purpose-built-police-car-to-go-on-sale-in-2012.html

BAC
02-06-09, 15:47
Cool! I guess somebody likes them. Good stuff.

-B

woodandsteel
02-06-09, 16:25
It would be nice having a squad already prewired and lights already installed.

We have been having lots of problems with the LED's on our light bars staying lit. I don't know if they are running too much power to the lightbar, or if the lightbars themselves are defective. We got them just after they came out.

It looks like the cages seperating the rear seat from the front are built in. It would be nice not having to listen to the rattles or squeaks from the after market cages we are using now.

I'm afraid, however, that the bean counters will look at the initial costs of the car and refuse to buy them.

Nathan_Bell
02-06-09, 16:54
Interesting idea, but I cannot see them getting the cost down to a reasonable level.
Curious as to how many large PDs have the support system for the care and feeding of a TD

ZDL
02-06-09, 17:37
It would be nice having a squad already prewired and lights already installed.

We have been having lots of problems with the LED's on our light bars staying lit. I don't know if they are running too much power to the lightbar, or if the lightbars themselves are defective. We got them just after they came out.

It looks like the cages seperating the rear seat from the front are built in. It would be nice not having to listen to the rattles or squeaks from the after market cages we are using now.

I'm afraid, however, that the bean counters will look at the initial costs of the car and refuse to buy them.

It's been wiring for us re: our faulty LEDs. Simple fixes so far.

ZDL
02-06-09, 17:39
Interesting idea, but I cannot see them getting the cost down to a reasonable level.
Curious as to how many large PDs have the support system for the care and feeding of a TD

I don't feel like digging it up again but I thought I saw somewhere that the vehicles can only, or are only to be worked on by the company... Don't know if that entailed shipping them back or having a representative come out in the field? Could be wrong about that.

That was my thought as well. The cost of the car is nothing. The cost of hiring and or training people to fix these things might be the larger cost. Diesel mechanic is a different skill set.

I doubt my department will ever see one of these.