PDA

View Full Version : One year old LMT order SHIPPING!!!!!

twodollarbill
02-06-09, 18:57
I got a email today from UPS saying LMT was shipping me a package.
The only thing I have on BO with LMT is (2) 12" FA Piston Conversions.
I ordered these (2) last year in February just after SHOT.
Anyone else have an order that far out??
I have a birthday next month and this is going to be an early present.
THANKS LMT!!!!!

GaryXD
02-06-09, 20:45
I ordered an upper from Armalite at the 1999 Shot Show. They called me two years later and said my upper was ready to ship.

bigshooter
02-06-09, 22:28
I ordered an upper from Armalite at the 1999 Shot Show. They called me two years later and said my upper was ready to ship.

holy shit. I gotta be honest with you, that is out of control retarded. 2 years?.

outside of the latest craze why does it seem like some companies are their own worst enemies when it comes to getting the product to the consumer?.

I will never understand why logistics seem to be the last part of the equation for what seems to be a good number of MFG's in the gun world.

K9-Bob
02-09-09, 03:28
holy shit. I gotta be honest with you, that is out of control retarded. 2 years?.

outside of the latest craze why does it seem like some companies are their own worst enemies when it comes to getting the product to the consumer?.

I will never understand why logistics seem to be the last part of the equation for what seems to be a good number of MFG's in the gun world.

Most manufacturers subscribe to the "just in time" inventory model. This saves warehouse space and costs. However since stock levels are determined by historical demand, any sudden demand rises above the historical average demand, the firm will deplete inventory faster than usual and cause customer service issues.

This is what is going on right now with the post election feeding frenzy. Maybe things will settle down in a few months....or at least if Dems don't talk another AWB.

Vendetta
02-09-09, 09:17
I can't fathom waiting that long, although it would make it all the better to finally get it. When I went into my local shop to order a LMT lower and upper, the shop had just gotten one of each of the LMT complete rifles they started to offer. I got lucky and snagged one. Saved me from the wait, although I would have more than been patient with such a great company and product.

Nathan_Bell
02-09-09, 09:30
Most manufacturers subscribe to the "just in time" inventory model. This saves warehouse space and costs. However since stock levels are determined by historical demand, any sudden demand rises above the historical average demand, the firm will deplete inventory faster than usual and cause customer service issues.

This is what is going on right now with the post election feeding frenzy. Maybe things will settle down in a few months....or at least if Dems don't talk another AWB.

This thing is not just a post election feeding frenzy driven problem. All of 2008 was a high demand. LMT orders went from being filled in 2-3 weeks to 6-8 weeks to 12-16 BEFORE the nomination of our current POTUS.

Until the mfg's feel secure in expanding their production base, we will continue to see long wait times.

Parabellum9x19mm
02-09-09, 09:40
I got a email today from UPS saying LMT was shipping me a package.
The only thing I have on BO with LMT is (2) 12" FA Piston Conversions.
I ordered these (2) last year in February just after SHOT.
Anyone else have an order that far out??
I have a birthday next month and this is going to be an early present.
THANKS LMT!!!!!

ha way to rub it in :D good things come to those who wait.

hopefully the wait was to your benefit in that you got de-bugged units....everyone knows the first pieces off the tool can have more problems...no matter what you're buying.

you already have the nicest LMT collection i've seen in a while :p

don't you have a railmount M203 :eek:

twodollarbill
02-09-09, 19:54
ha way to rub it in :D good things come to those who wait.

I have lived by those words for years!!!!
When I was younger, I wanted it ALL and Right NOW, dam it.
As I've watched my father age and my children grow, I'm trying to
find a way to Slow it all down and enjoy it all.

and yes, I do have a LMT Rail M203......and it is SWEET ;)

kwelz
02-09-09, 23:15
My local shop got in some LMTs today, including one with a CQB upper. I wanted to pull the trigger so bad but I just purchased an XDM earlier in the day so there is no way I can do it :(

Jaymce
02-10-09, 13:35
I was lucky with the AR in that I was able to get the lower right away. Had to wait for 4 months for the upper from LMT last dec. That was however a drop in the bucket in the wait for an AR-30 little over 2 years from the date I requested it.

The good thing was that when ever I was in the area I dropped a couple $ on the account so when it arrived it was already paid for. Kind of a reverse layaway and made it easy on the wallet.:D

marylandsniper
02-10-09, 18:13
I just need a FA bolt carrier group to complete a built. Anyone where they are in stock. I have tried every supplier I know of and have come up with nothing.

twodollarbill
02-10-09, 20:37
I just need a FA bolt carrier group to complete a built. Anyone where they are in stock. I have tried every supplier I know of and have come up with nothing.

marylandsniper try Young Mfg....what I've been ordering on Monday has been arriving on Friday.
http://www.newriverarms.net/product-info.php?pid116.html

Just wanted to followup.........
My box from LMT came today with two sweet ass 12" Piston Conversions.
LMT included their new 2009 catalog in print and on CD (pdf's)