PDA

View Full Version : Home defense with a NFA weapon

brantley65
12-06-06, 09:43
Do any of you use your NFA weapon - SBS, SBR or suppressed pistol as your primary home defense weapon. I ask this because, I would like to have a suppressed 9mm as HD weapon. Also a SBS would seem to be an ideal weapon for HD.

Derek_Connor
12-06-06, 10:11
Do any of you use your NFA weapon - SBS, SBR or suppressed pistol as your primary home defense weapon. I ask this because, I would like to have a suppressed 9mm as HD weapon. Also a SBS would seem to be an ideal weapon for HD.

Yes, I do. A suppressed SBR. Double whammy.

But on both form 1 and form 4, I have on my reason for owning "all lawful purposes" - Defending myself and my wife falls under all lawful purposes if someone breaks into our house.

I live in Florida where we have the castle doctrine established, so I have very little to no worries about the type of weapon I have chosen.

edwin907
12-06-06, 16:06
Yes, I do. A suppressed SBR. Double whammy.

But on both form 1 and form 4, I have on my reason for owning "all lawful purposes" - Defending myself and my wife falls under all lawful purposes if someone breaks into our house.

I live in Florida where we have the castle doctrine established, so I have very little to no worries about the type of weapon I have chosen.

Same here in Georgia, Castle doctrine and suppressed SBR.

SuicideHz
12-06-06, 16:56
Yep, Indiana has the same laws.

Suppressed 92fs is usually sitting by the bed.