PDA

View Full Version : $95 at WalMart Gets You...

Submariner
12-06-06, 20:33
700 rounds of WW 9mm; 400 rounds of WW .45 ACP; or 5,500 rounds of Federal .22LR.

I have read that prices are going up January 1st.:mad:

Got .22LR dedicated upper?

Nathan_Bell
12-06-06, 21:40
I have heard from more than one person that Wally world is getting out of the gun business at the end of the year. The counter guy at the Calcutta OH store said that was going to include ammo, as well as firearms.

Bulldog1967
12-06-06, 21:50
Got .22LR dedicated upper?

CZ V-22 dedicated upper with 8 10-round mags.

http://www.kyimports.com/images/UpperColtAR-15.jpg

....and about 2k of Ely match .22 ammo...yup!:D

Glockster35
12-07-06, 14:25
How much .223 will it get you...that's what I want to know!

I haven't been to WalMart (locally anyway) in some time...not my type of neighborhood if you catch my drift.

M4arc
12-07-06, 14:28
Unfortunately Wal-Mart is still cheaper than most everyone else as far as ammo goes. I do buy 5.56, 7.62 and 5.45 from my local shop but for 9mm it's all WWB from Wal-Mart.

Lyrch - I contacted Wal-Mart about this when the hysteria was at it's pinnacle over on TOS and they said they are removing them from certain markets but not all.

LOKNLOD
12-07-06, 16:20
Oddly enough I walked in to my local Walmart here in rural Oklahoma and found some Realtree T-shirts hanging where the guns should be. I complained to the stock-boy about the downfall of America but being a 40-something year old Walmart stockboy, I don't know that he understood or cared…

If any Walmart had a gun friendly town in a gun friendly state, it was ours… They just broke ground on a new supercenter so it will be interesting to see if the sporting goods section when they open up next summer. Perhaps they just aren't restocking until the new store is built, or perhaps our market is just too small to sell enough to make it worth the paperwork and security necessary.

FlyAndFight
12-08-06, 11:44
We've got a few Walmarts in our area and the only one that did sell firearms (mostly .22 rifles) did a huge store-wide interior redesign prior to Thanksgiving. I went by there last week and found that the firearms are now gone. Ammo is still being sold, but who knows what will happen in the near future. Needless to say, I purchased several boxes of the tried and true Winchester white boxes in 9mm while there...

AR-180
12-08-06, 12:44
Several of the Wal-Marts in the Triangle area of NC have stopped selling firearms. All of these still sell ammo. From the people I have spoken with that work in the stores, they don't think that the ammo will be pulled. It is a very good seller.

We still have select Wal-Mart stores that sell firearms. I purchased from one of them within the last month. It was a super center.

Bloodbathdisplay
12-08-06, 17:30
Carson City Nevada Wal-marts are still strong on firearms and ammo, even with all the granola eaters from Kommiefornia coming over and destroying my beloved state.