PDA

View Full Version : God I love this place!!!

R1pper
02-09-09, 12:29
I recently joined another forum out of boredom(not TOS), and let me tell you how much it has made me appreciate this forum and its members! Any time I ever tried to help some to a AR related issue with knowledge gained (and proven by others) I was instantly beat down by the mods and other who know it all, seen it all and have 10,000 rnd through their insert brand here rifle without an issue or changing a part!"

I would like to extend a big thank you to all of those who continiously supply us with rock solid information and a detailed POV on products and skills. Thank you for making me feel like an equal and being open minded about new schools of thought and etc.

Thanks To all

-DM-

sandman99and9
02-09-09, 14:46
Welcome to m4c !! I know what you mean about the OTHER site. I got pounded for some questions I had. I think there are a lot of internet commando's / couch Delta operators over there..lol This site is great and everyone has been very cool with me even when I do something wrong--But I will never admit to it ha,ha

bkb0000
02-09-09, 14:57
Welcome to m4c !!

dick's been here for like two years, bro. ;)

i know what you mean about other sites.. i never go to arf- i lurk there maybe once a month but rarely find threads that are even interesting. the few times you find a topic thats worth commenting on, 40 other people have already spewed so much misinformation that I feel like my post would have about as much effect as a drop of piss in a swimming pool.

John_Wayne777
02-09-09, 15:07
It's not just the forums....

I met a nice fellow in real life this weekend at the range who told me about this cool Stag upper someone in town was going to build him for 700 bucks.

"It's milspec!!"

I asked him if he knew what the TDP was.

"The what?"

Of course, he had no idea BCM uppers existed.

sandman99and9
02-09-09, 15:12
dick's been here for like two years, bro. ;)

i know what you mean about other sites.. i never go to arf- i lurk there maybe once a month but rarely find threads that are even interesting. the few times you find a topic thats worth commenting on, 40 other people have already spewed so much misinformation that I feel like my post would have about as much effect as a drop of piss in a swimming pool.

OOPS, I guess I should have looked over to the right...lol
That other place kills me. If you don't have a colt/noveske you must be low class trailer trash that does not know anything about black rifles. I am familiar with the weapon system but have not owned/used one since my FT. Bragg days---15 years ago!! They made me not want to ask questions for fear of getting blasted...lol

RogerinTPA
02-09-09, 15:13
And that is what plagues the AR and firearms communities. Ignorance. On the part of the seller/gunstore employees, who misinforms the customer, who misinforms his friends, who misinforms anyone about the subject, then spreads to the world wide web. It's a virus!

Aray
02-09-09, 17:35
My gun store has a laminated copy of The Chart along with the definitions in binder, I told them when I gave it to them to use it carefully. Customers sometimes don't like the truth either.