PDA

View Full Version : EOTech Drop in Quad Rails?

TacShooter54
02-10-09, 10:40
Are the EOTech drop in quad rails any good? I put a UTG rail on before doing any real research and would like to upgrade for a SHTF scenario. Keep in mind I'm 19, and a broke college student. The AR is a S&W MP15 and I've got an eotech 512 on it co-witnessed with a Larue BUIS. I figure Eotech is a reputable brand, but wasn't sure about the quad rail. Thanx guys.

Here's a link.
http://usarmorment.com/eo-tech-m16ar15-drop-in-quad-rail-mount-p-287.html?currency=USD

thopkins22
02-10-09, 10:42
Never heard of them.

ETA: Followed your link and sure enough there they are. But I can't recall one single post on this board good or bad about them. I'd listen to Grant.

C4IGrant
02-10-09, 10:44
Are the EOTech drop in quad rails any good? I put a UTG rail on before doing any real research and would like to upgrade for a SHTF scenario. Keep in mind I'm 19, and a broke college student. The AR is a S&W MP15 and I've got an eotech 512 on it co-witnessed with a Larue BUIS. I figure Eotech is a reputable brand, but wasn't sure about the quad rail. Thanx guys.

I don't have a lot of experience with them, but for drop ins, I would look at KAC, MI and Troy.

My suggestion would be to save your money and get something nice or pick up the Magpul MOE HG's.

C4

TacShooter54
02-10-09, 10:45
I don't have a lot of experience with them, but for drop ins, I would look at KAC, MI and Troy.

My suggest would be to save your money and get something nice or pick up the Magpul MOE HG's.

C4

Food for though, thanks.

kwelz
02-10-09, 14:25
I have never seen them either, although they look a bit heavy.

chadbag
02-10-09, 14:38
Just FYI

I had never seen this either but here is the mention of it on EO Techs website

http://www.eotechinc.com/mounts.php

The part number indicates it is not just a part from another manufacturer they are selling though I would bet they are having them made by someone.

AirmanAtwood
02-10-09, 15:08
If you look in the member sales forum or on Ebay, you can kind KAC sets for cheap.

Shihan
02-10-09, 15:25
If you look in the member sales forum or on Ebay, you can kind KAC sets for cheap.

Problem with Ebay is a big chunk of them are Chinese fakes all the way down to the rail covers.

AirmanAtwood
02-10-09, 15:37
Problem with Ebay is a big chunk of them are Chinese fakes all the way down to the rail covers.

I'v seen 3-4 legit ones, But yea the airsoft ones are abundant on Ebay.