PDA

View Full Version : who has any .223 ARs in stock........

hyrepower
02-10-09, 15:14
Everyone is on back order. At this point I do not care the brand, I am just looking to be able to get one before one is no longer able to.

Rider79
02-10-09, 15:21
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1283

TOrrock
02-10-09, 15:21
Relax.

Deep breath.

Most of us have been through bans before.

Currently there isn't anything in the pipeline that has any real traction.

Put an order in with a well known and respected shop for a Colt, LMT, Daniel Defence, Charles Daly LE, Noveske, or another well respected brand.

Have the money ready to go and you'll be fine.

Don't waste your money on a bad AR, they are not all created equally.

TOrrock
02-10-09, 15:27
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=23596

Hayduke
02-10-09, 16:37
if you truely don't mind the brand Vance's in Columbus OH has a nice stock of mostly DPMS rifles:

http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

senorlinc
02-10-09, 18:01
AIM is taking preorders for the new DD rifle
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Daniel_Defense_.223_5.56_M4_Rifle.html

I have also had recent success with LMT, i ordered online, and a few weeks later it arrived.

you could always cruise the EE or -forgive me- grab a deal on GB

Veracity
02-10-09, 18:55
Relax.

Put an order in with a well known and respected shop for a Colt, LMT, Daniel Defence, Charles Daly LE, Noveske, or another well respected brand.

What he says.

jmorrell
02-10-09, 19:18
Impact Guns has Colt 6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbines in stock.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-AR6721BF.html

madisonsfinest
02-10-09, 19:26
Gander Mountain here has a Colt 6920. But it will cost you! Around $1700 I think

warpigM-4
02-10-09, 20:52
grant posted he is taking order for the charles daly M4 check it out

Mac5.56
02-10-09, 21:09
This may be an off subject, but I feel it's relevant.

Can someone please link me to a valid, and reliable source that indicates that the current U.S. government has any immediate interest in attempting to re-impose the ASB? (speculation, and rants by talking heads do not count as valid sources, nor do blogs, forum posts, or rumors from a local gun shop).

I know the voting record, I also know the reality of the American political climate, and I think this entire community is being a bit rash at the moment.

But that's just me.

Gendaito
02-10-09, 21:24
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

TOrrock
02-10-09, 21:28
Relax.

Deep breath.

Most of us have been through bans before.

Currently there isn't anything in the pipeline that has any real traction.

Have the money ready to go and you'll be fine.

Please keep it on track people.

Who has what in stock.

LRRP-87
02-10-09, 21:33
"Don't waste your money on a bad AR, they are not all created equally."

Words of wisdom to live by; take his advice; Templar knows what he's talking about.

Mac5.56
02-10-09, 21:47
Well Templar put the cabosh on that quick. I wont get into it...

Anyway, before I bought my AR I went to this place personally and met with the owner. It's a nice shop, it was just to out of the way for me (in physical distance) and I prefer to not purchase things online. But if you are looking I just went to the site again, and didn't see any "out of stock" indicators on any of the ARs. So you should be good:

http://www.gundepot.net/

They ship within the U.S., and while their prices have gone up at least 200 dollars since the FEAR, they are good people. Nice selection of S&W and Colt. Other cheaper brands too. Go to the rifles section, then hit the link for semi-auto center fire. You can browse at that point by brand.

hyrepower
02-10-09, 23:45
thanks for the help guys.

Ziptie
02-10-09, 23:50
Talon Arms has a couple of LWRCs. out of my price range right now

hyrepower
02-11-09, 00:08
i am not looking to spend more than $1000. Times are kinda tough right now.

Mac5.56
02-11-09, 00:20
My response to that is simple. If 1000 is your limit, wait a month or two, and put some money aside to add to that. You will have enough for a quality rifle before you know it. 300 dollars more can get you quality. I realize it sounds like a lot, but don't regret what you buy because 1000 is a lot, and 300 more is a drop in the bucket if you consider quality.

Irish
02-11-09, 00:33
I just bought 2 LMT carbines in AZ last week. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the name of the place but it is in AZ... PM me for the name of the shop. At that time they also had a couple of the new KAC SR-15s.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1897/holster036dj6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Iraqgunz
02-11-09, 02:25
irish,

I am from AZ where did you find yours? You can mention the store name we do it all the time here. Real question is did you get a good deal?

I'll agree with what someone else here said. Don't just buy a POS because of a perceived fear of a pending ban. Wait for the one you want, or find a good one at a store that has layaway available. LRRP- hit on the head. All AR's are not created equal and you will be mad when you pay 1000K for a DPMS when you could get a better one for 1-300.00 dollars more.

AR15AK47USER
02-11-09, 15:00
In WA, Federal Way Discount Guns had three ARs in stock yesterday. Two S&W15 M4s and a Bushmaster. Asking $999 for the S&Ws and $1100 for the Bushmaster. Saw a guy looking at them, suggested the S&W due to cost and better manufacture. Looking at the rifles the S&W had staked stocks while the Bushmaster did not. Anyway, FYI for any in my area.

Irish
02-11-09, 16:26
Scottsdale Gun Club. Got both of mine for the suggested MSRP off of LMT's website. They also had a few KAC SR-15s and a few others last week.

Abraxas
02-11-09, 17:47
Scottsdale Gun Club. Got both of mine for the suggested MSRP off of LMT's website. They also had a few KAC SR-15s and a few others last week.

Damn I was to late

madisonsfinest
02-11-09, 17:48
Scottsdale Gun Club has a really nice website. Going into the store is more impressive. Things move fast on there I noticed

Iraqgunz
02-12-09, 04:38
I buy alot of shit from SCG. They are also handling my latest transfers for me as well.

Storydude
02-12-09, 09:02
I don't know where all this panic buying is at.

Local gun shop has all the AK's, AR's in S&W, DPMS, Colt and Bushmaster you want. 895 for the S&W's,up to 1200 for the Colts, 399-450 for the AK's.

404 panic buying not found.

EDIT: I know a few of those AR makers are not "great" but I'm using them as an example to show that not everyone is out of EVERYTHING.

Irish
02-12-09, 11:10
I think the buying frenzy is slowing down due to the fact that people are running out of money and the whole panic deal is losing steam. I also think that alot of these guns that were purchased in the last couple of months will be sold off within the next 6 months by people who wouldn't have normally purchased them.
SGC does not update their website regularly. The day I went in to check the place out they had no LMTs or KACs listed on their website and they had a dozen in stock. I would highly recommend calling or stopping by and not relying on their website. Their employees were some of the absolute friendliest I've ever encountered which did make buying there nice as well.

Rider79
02-12-09, 14:40
I don't know where all this panic buying is at.

Local gun shop has all the AK's, AR's in S&W, DPMS, Colt and Bushmaster you want. 895 for the S&W's,up to 1200 for the Colts, 399-450 for the AK's.

404 panic buying not found.

EDIT: I know a few of those AR makers are not "great" but I'm using them as an example to show that not everyone is out of EVERYTHING.

And where is this?

Rider79
02-12-09, 14:43
Scottsdale Gun Club.

Did you drive down there or have it transferred up here? I didn't know NV residents could buy over the counter in AZ. I guess I'd go that far too, considering places like Citadel are still trying to get $2099 for 6920s.

Storydude
02-12-09, 16:22
And where is this?

Upstate NY. They are NYS compliant, which means fixed stock, Target crown and no bayo lug.

Irish
02-12-09, 16:31
Did you drive down there or have it transferred up here? I didn't know NV residents could buy over the counter in AZ. I guess I'd go that far too, considering places like Citadel are still trying to get $2099 for 6920s.
For long guns you can purchase and carry in alot of states, but pistols have to be shipped to an FFL in your state. I travel around the Rocky Mountains area for my job and I was down there for work. I've not been to a single gun store in Las Vegas where I would spend my money. I've run into rude, inconsiderate and completely disinterested employees everywhere I've been. The customer service sucks here! I would also recommend Shooters Vault in Phoenix, extremely helpful and friendly but not nearly as big as SGC.

Rider79
02-12-09, 16:38
Upstate NY. They are NYS compliant, which means fixed stock, Target crown and no bayo lug.

That's why. You guys already live under an ban, so no one is worried about it.

Rider79
02-12-09, 17:00
I've not been to a single gun store in Las Vegas where I would spend my money. I've run into rude, inconsiderate and completely disinterested employees everywhere I've been. The customer service sucks here!

AllWeapons/Native Nevadan at Lake Mead/N. Decatur is pretty good, they don't have much black rifle stuff though. They're all nice people there, but I've known them for a long time. You're right about most of the other stores though. I know a handful of decent people in the business, but that's because I've known them all for a long time, and I do see how they treat people coming in off the street. I even get that attitude sometimes, and I'm known for spending a decent amount of money. :mad: All I'll use Citadel for anymore is getting reasonable prices on lowers. I got a guy I work with who has his FFL, he does transfers for $25, and he's a pretty good guy, PM me if you want his info.

Iraqgunz
02-13-09, 05:40
Ryder,

You shouldn't have any problems purchasing a long gun in AZ. Scottsdale Gun Club is about 4 hours from you depending on your route. Do you ever go to The Gun Store on East Tropicana? They usually have a pretty decent selection of stuff there, but I have never bought firearms from them. What about that gun store over behind the Caesers Palace area (that industrial area back there) name escapes me. They had alot of stuff last time I was there in early 2008.

AllWeapons/Native Nevadan at Lake Mead/N. Decatur is pretty good, they don't have much black rifle stuff though. They're all nice people there, but I've known them for a long time. You're right about most of the other stores though. I know a handful of decent people in the business, but that's because I've known them all for a long time, and I do see how they treat people coming in off the street. I even get that attitude sometimes, and I'm known for spending a decent amount of money. :mad: All I'll use Citadel for anymore is getting reasonable prices on lowers. I got a guy I work with who has his FFL, he does transfers for $25, and he's a pretty good guy, PM me if you want his info.

Rider79
02-13-09, 05:59
Ryder,

You shouldn't have any problems purchasing a long gun in AZ. Scottsdale Gun Club is about 4 hours from you depending on your route. Do you ever go to The Gun Store on East Tropicana? They usually have a pretty decent selection of stuff there, but I have never bought firearms from them. What about that gun store over behind the Caesers Palace area (that industrial area back there) name escapes me. They had alot of stuff last time I was there in early 2008.

I might be down that way on the 23rd, I'll try to check out SGC. I go to the Gun Store all the time, the asst mgr, Cliff is a pretty good friend. I buy all my Glocks there, Cliff calls me when they put the guns out for sale that they were using on their rental range. I get Glocks for $300 that way. They put them on the range new, run them for 90 days, and sell them. They still come with the warranty card and I'm the original owner. As for ARs, all they have right now are ones they've built with M&A parts, and Vulcan Arms (:eek:) lowers. They're modified with UTG rails and stuff like that, but they're trying to get $1300 for some of them. Citadel is the shop you can see from the 15, I pick up lowers there. The owners are good people, but some of their employees are your typical gun shop know-it-alls. Plus the owner had never heard of Bravo Company, and one of his employees didn't think that LMTs were that special compared to DPMS/RRA/BM. Yet they're selling 6920s for $2100. :rolleyes: The other shop is probably Discount Firearms, has a big Winchester ad on the side of the building? I went in there once, last year right after the SHOT show, on the recommendation of a distributor at the show, and was so turned off by their employees I never went back. I called them before I came over, about a specific weapon I wanted to try on their rental range, they told me they had it, I came the next day, and the 3 employees working acted like I was the biggest ****ing idiot in the world for asking about the weapon in question, which apparently they didn't have. That attitude, and the fact that one of the pricks working behind the counter was wearing his personal weapon in a Safariland 6004, made me never want to go back. The only thing that might make me go in there again is if they were selling 6920s for less than a grand.

OldNavyGuy
02-13-09, 07:12
thanks for the help guys.

how much experience do you have with AR-15s ? here is a place where you can get a fully assembled rifle or you can order the parts kit and build one yourself.

that is what i am doing, but, i have nearly 40 years experience with the AR-15 platform.

http://www.essentialarms.com/CATALOG.html

Iraqgunz
02-13-09, 07:49
I know some of the guys at The Gun Store as well. :D That is where I did my Nevada/ Utah CCW. I believe it is Discount Firearms. I feel your pain too about going into gunstores back home which I don't do often. Since SGC has done business with my company and someone laid out the introduction before I got there I didn't have to worry about the employees regaling me with their tales of glory and knowledge. Enough talk now....I am getting homesick.

I might be down that way on the 23rd, I'll try to check out SGC. I go to the Gun Store all the time, the asst mgr, Cliff is a pretty good friend. I buy all my Glocks there, Cliff calls me when they put the guns out for sale that they were using on their rental range. I get Glocks for $300 that way. They put them on the range new, run them for 90 days, and sell them. They still come with the warranty card and I'm the original owner. As for ARs, all they have right now are ones they've built with M&A parts, and Vulcan Arms (:eek:) lowers. They're modified with UTG rails and stuff like that, but they're trying to get $1300 for some of them. Citadel is the shop you can see from the 15, I pick up lowers there. The owners are good people, but some of their employees are your typical gun shop know-it-alls. Plus the owner had never heard of Bravo Company, and one of his employees didn't think that LMTs were that special compared to DPMS/RRA/BM. Yet they're selling 6920s for $2100. :rolleyes: The other shop is probably Discount Firearms, has a big Winchester ad on the side of the building? I went in there once, last year right after the SHOT show, on the recommendation of a distributor at the show, and was so turned off by their employees I never went back. I called them before I came over, about a specific weapon I wanted to try on their rental range, they told me they had it, I came the next day, and the 3 employees working acted like I was the biggest ****ing idiot in the world for asking about the weapon in question, which apparently they didn't have. That attitude, and the fact that one of the pricks working behind the counter was wearing his personal weapon in a Safariland 6004, made me never want to go back. The only thing that might make me go in there again is if they were selling 6920s for less than a grand.

Rider79
02-13-09, 14:49
I know some of the guys at The Gun Store as well. :D That is where I did my Nevada/ Utah CCW. I believe it is Discount Firearms. I feel your pain too about going into gunstores back home which I don't do often. Since SGC has done business with my company and someone laid out the introduction before I got there I didn't have to worry about the employees regaling me with their tales of glory and knowledge. Enough talk now....I am getting homesick.

I definitely want to check it out while I'm down there, PM me the location/contact info if you have it please

CopDr
02-13-09, 17:26
Vances/Columbus, OH
Buckeye Outdoors/Hebron, OH
Clelands/Swanton, OH * Has 1 Colt 6920 in stock...not sure of price.

Iraqgunz
02-13-09, 17:31
Are you talking about my contact at SGC? BTW- just got an email that they just got LMT carbines in stock fro 1250.00, as well as Lancaster Arms AK's for 899.00. I would see if you can buy or hold the LMT and then boogie down there over the weekend?

I definitely want to check it out while I'm down there, PM me the location/contact info if you have it please

Rider79
02-13-09, 18:28
Are you talking about my contact at SGC? BTW- just got an email that they just got LMT carbines in stock fro 1250.00, as well as Lancaster Arms AK's for 899.00. I would see if you can buy or hold the LMT and then boogie down there over the weekend?

Just the location or phone number in general, I'd love to grab another LMT, but I got an LMT upper on back order that should be here in a couple weeks, so I gotta hold off for now, and I have 7 ARs already, that will make 8. Plus I work all weekend. I'll be down there for other stuff on the 23rd, so I figure I'll check it out while I'm in town. I always like checking out the local shops when I'm in other areas.

Irish
02-13-09, 18:30
This is their site. www.sgcusa.com

Rider79
02-13-09, 18:32
Cool, thanks. :)

Rider79
02-13-09, 18:36
I would see if you can buy or hold the LMT and then boogie down there over the weekend?

Their site shows everything from LMT as out of stock. If they happen to have a complete Defender lower in stock when I'm down there, I'll probably grab one of those. I'd rather put this LMT upper I've got coming on an LMT lower instead of the stripped DPMS lower I put together.

Irish
02-13-09, 18:39
Ignore their website, it's not accurate. I was down in the area for business and went in to check the place out and walked out with 2 LMTs (10 in stock). Prior to this I'd looked at the website and it had the same inventory it has today... call or walk in is your best bet.

Iraqgunz
02-13-09, 18:40
Ryder,

Go to Arizona Tactical Firearms in Tempe. That is where I got my M4-2000 suppressor. It's small but cool. Also US Autoweapons which is about 5 doors down from SGC past the BMW dealer.

1809 E Baseline Rd
Tempe, AZ 85283
(480) 752-9200

Rider79
02-13-09, 18:41
Yep, if its there when I walk in, I'll grab it, but I'm not going out of my way to get anything else. I really gotta stop, I think I have a problem. :rolleyes:

Iraqgunz
02-13-09, 18:42
My wife just walked out of there 10 minutes ago with my Charles Daly stripped lower. She said they had rifles and stuff in there. The website isn't accurate, but I did get an email from them indicating the stuff that I mentioned above is there.

Their site shows everything from LMT as out of stock. If they happen to have a complete Defender lower in stock when I'm down there, I'll probably grab one of those. I'd rather put this LMT upper I've got coming on an LMT lower instead of the stripped DPMS lower I put together.

Rider79
02-13-09, 18:43
Ryder,

Go to Arizona Tactical Firearms in Tempe. That is where I got my M4-2000 suppressor. It's small but cool. Also US Autoweapons which is about 5 doors down from SGC past the BMW dealer.

1809 E Baseline Rd
Tempe, AZ 85283
(480) 752-9200

Is this close to ASU? The name of the road sounds familiar.

Iraqgunz
02-13-09, 18:48
I think it's in the general vicinity. It's pretty easy to find, especially with Verizon wireless navigator.

Rider79
02-13-09, 18:56
My wife just walked out of there 10 minutes ago with my Charles Daly stripped lower.

How much was the Daly stripped lower? I don't see them on their site. I was thinking about picking one up from Grant for no other reason than CD is based in Harrisburg, my hometown, and Harrisburg is on the rollmark. I know, ghey. :rolleyes: If I can walk out the door with one instead of going thru the shipping to my FFL BS, why not?

Rock
02-14-09, 12:52
Randy's guns in Michigan has stacks of ar's. I know they have Colt and Bushmaster for sure. http://www.randyshuntingcenter.com/index.htm

Iraqgunz
02-14-09, 13:19
Ryder,

The lower came from Rainier Arms and was shipped to SGC.

How much was the Daly stripped lower? I don't see them on their site. I was thinking about picking one up from Grant for no other reason than CD is based in Harrisburg, my hometown, and Harrisburg is on the rollmark. I know, ghey. :rolleyes: If I can walk out the door with one instead of going thru the shipping to my FFL BS, why not?

Rider79
02-14-09, 17:32
Ryder,

The lower came from Rainier Arms and was shipped to SGC.

:( Maybe I'll just get it shipped here from G&R, need another AR lower like I need a hole in my head.

Oh yeah, and I'm gonna send you a PM with a DPMS question too.