PDA

View Full Version : Where to find dummy AR15 magazines?

trunkmonkey
02-10-09, 22:49
A friend of mine called me today and is looking to buy dummy AR15 magazines.
like the blue guns except they only need the magazine.

They want something that will simulate the weight of loaded AR15 magazines and that can functionally be inserted and ejected from colt magwells.

He is looking for 250 of them

They don't care what color they are.

This would be a purchase for the military, by the military, not an individual.

Does anyone know where I can direct him to get this amount for a decent price?

PRGGodfather
02-10-09, 23:27
Ring's makes them, just like their blue guns. They have adequate heft are great training aids.

He should Google Ring's blue guns and check their site for a distributor.

Failure2Stop
02-11-09, 02:59
Cops Plus has them.
Rings Blue Guns M16 30 Round Magazine Simulator (http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum3873.php)

I have never ordered them from Cops Plus, though all of my dealings with them have been fine.

Stephen_H
02-11-09, 08:18
At the prices they are asking, you are better off buying real magazines, filling them with old tire weights, and sealing them off. I believe MSRP on the Ring's blue mag is $30 or $40 bucks.

Stephen

Steelblitz
02-11-09, 09:14
PM sent to you Trunkmonkey for an alternative source. ;)

trunkmonkey
02-11-09, 11:02
yes I agree that buying new ones for the unit and filling old ones with whatever would be cheaper.

however they are trying to do this somewhat easy and not go about filling 250 mags

ST911
02-11-09, 11:20
I've taken old mag bodies and filled them with silicon, caulk, or similar substance, and dropped in nuts or bolts for weight. Yes, this is not what you wanted, but a suggestion for others.

A dedicated training mag that is unmistakeable as such is ideal where the lowest common denominator is at play. LE price on the Rings units were about 20-25% less than MSRP. A .mil purchase in quantity may get you better still.