PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this mag from CDNN?

Linea_de_Fuego
12-07-06, 14:32
Has anyone used this mag from CDNN?
Brand New • Target Sports MFG • Supermag with Removeable Bottom
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1924_124450

At first glance it looks just like the Chip MCCormick. I just received some but have not gotten to the range yet. They do drop free just as expected. They have no hole at the mag base although the base is designed to slide off. The upper and lower part of the follower does not have quite the same space as the CMC. It does seem to be quite a value at $8.99 per mag.

MSU721
12-07-06, 14:37
I have a friend who has a bunch of them, he says they work great.

He had them at an EAG course we took over the summer and they worked then.

I have been thinking of getting some, then upgrading them with Tripp kits.

If you do try some let us know what you find out.

Linea_de_Fuego
12-09-06, 22:11
I can't recommend these mags. While I only bought two of them I found that the follower on one would not lock the slide on an empty mag. I think with new followers they might be OK. The mag bodies seem to be made exactly the same as the Chip McCormick Power mag. Which is to say that they are about .005 wider than Colt, Shooting Star mags.

I did learn why the mags were not dropping free. They were dragging on the trigger bow. When I assembled this pistol the trigger bow did not bind in the channel, so I thought all was well. It seems that the bow needed to be spread slightly to allow the mag to slip through it with out drag against the mag.

MSU721
12-10-06, 08:24
Sorry they did not work for you. Any interest in trying Tripp spring kits to see if they will work better? Sounds like the bodies may still be salvaged.

Thanks for trying them out.