PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to this?

Terry
02-11-09, 15:39
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=210921
The part about Colt?
I personally won't buy from a dealer using doom and gloom as a sales pitch.

rob_s
02-11-09, 15:42
I heard this too.

In 1998 when I started selling guns.

chadbag
02-11-09, 15:44
From my understanding there are 2 different colt companies and one is for civie sales and one for mil/gov sales...

QuietShootr
02-11-09, 18:25
In addition to the fact that I had a great time at SHOT, I realized that the gun business is really chock-full of assholes. A lot of them hang out on that board.

IROCZ
02-12-09, 00:46
I heard this in 89, when I bought my first AR. Was on a waitng list for 2 months. Colt(defense) will always give priority to the military first, LE second, Civvies last. My contact at Colt LE (now retired) stated in 2004, that the powers in charge were libs and weren't really keen on civvie sale anyways. Too bad for them. They should be pumping them out by the thousands, and I should own some of thier stock. But when was the last time you saw a rack of Colt AR's for sale? Even our LE supplier has trouble getting our 6920's (6 months). If Colt had played thier cards right, Bushmaster wouldn't exsist, or Oly, or DPMS or FN USA for that matter. Colt could have been an AR dynasty. But they chose a different route. Damn shame it is. Still makes me want to fondle mine, poor Colt.

JBnTX
02-12-09, 09:23
.... If Colt had played thier cards right, Bushmaster wouldn't exsist, or Oly, or DPMS or FN USA for that matter. Colt could have been an AR dynasty.....

Not only could they have ruled the AR market, but the 1911 pistol market as well.

If only they'd chosen a different route.

I hope they know what they've missed?

IROCZ
02-12-09, 23:47
My contact wondered the exact same thing, too bad they couldn't act like Americans, Bold.
Sam Colt would have.
Bill, if you read this, enjoy your retirement, no more banging your head against the wall!