PDA

View Full Version : Troy DI vs. KAC RIS

Col_Crocs
02-11-09, 23:35
Narrowed down my search to these 2. Price aside, which one would you guys choose? Curious to see the advantages and disadvantages of both.

parishioner
02-12-09, 00:06
I just found out that the RIS does not lock up as tight as the RAS. But the RIS can accommodate a wider variety of barrel contours.

I dont know about the troy but I was just suggesting to look have a look at the RAS if you are considering the RIS.

scottryan
02-12-09, 00:39
The RAS is better than the RIS and you should get the RAS. It will most likely fit your barrel.

The advantages of the RAS over the Troy

1. Even stud and groove picatinny rail spacing so panels fit flush with the ends
2. Able to remove the bottom rail for cleaning and M203 mounting
3. Some Troy rails are not compatible with SOPMOD panels

The advantages of the Troy over the RAS

1. None

parishioner
02-12-09, 00:53
Hell, for that matter you might as well check out the RAS II which locks up even tighter as well as free floats the barrel all for about $30 more.

Col_Crocs
02-12-09, 05:22
Thanks for your responses!
That cleared up my dilemma pretty quick! :) A friend also recommended the RASII but I prefer the standard non-ff type rail.
I currently have a 1:7 14.5 M4 Bushy. Should be of the same contour as the RAS recommended barrel right?

sully3acr
02-12-09, 05:47
Let me know if you need one! I have one bran new in the box complete VFG, covers.. I would post this but for some reason I can't..

Jay Cunningham
02-12-09, 06:06
Let me know if you need one! I have one bran new in the box complete VFG, covers.. I would post this but for some reason I can't..

Companies or individuals cannot advertise or sell products in the discussion forums (including signature lines and titles). Manufacturers or their dealers are welcome and encouraged to post information in the discussion forums as it relates to technical specifications, new product releases (models, colors, options, etc.), prototypes, user feedback, or additional features in existing or expanding products lines. Members interested in selling or trading equipment should use the Market Place.

1) All for sale items MUST have a price in the ad, or in the header description. You should also indicate what methods of payment you will accept. No exceptions.

1a) No auctions. List a price at which you are willing to sell it, not an artificially high price and then field "bids" via email or IM. No links to auction sites either.

2) Do not bump your ad until 48 hours has elapsed from the last post in the thread. If someone responds to you, use IM/EMAIL or edit your first post to answer the question.

3) Three advertisements on the first page is the maximum allowed. Having more will lead to deletions without notice. Combine ads as best you can.

4) You must have 30 posts, while contributing positively to this forum community, in order to sell in the marketplace. Industry Professionals, Site Dealers, and Site Manufacturers will be exempt from this rule.

5) All items for sale should be from your personal collection. Dealers must come to an agreement with site staff in order to sell new parts, and inventory on this site.

6) Do not edit the price from your ad. It is helpful for the buyer, seller and community to know what items sold for recently and in the past.

7) Buyers: Use IM or Email to contact the seller. Do not post in the thread stating, "IM Sent!" "Email Inbound.", etc. That will be obvious to the seller when their IM box or email inbox have new messages.

8) Absolutely no group buys, unless you are a Site Sponsor, Industry Professional/SME or have written authorization from Site Staff or a Marketplace moderator.

LAWMENS
02-12-09, 07:38
Thanks for your responses!
That cleared up my dilemma pretty quick! :) A friend also recommended the RASII but I prefer the standard non-ff type rail.
I currently have a 1:7 14.5 M4 Bushy. Should be of the same contour as the RAS recommended barrel right?

Yes the M4 Carbine RAS will work on that rifle no sweat.

Col_Crocs
02-12-09, 17:39
THanks! Will go get myself the RAS then.:)