PDA

View Full Version : Obama on guns (Police Interview)

CM-4
02-12-09, 08:32
I was at my post yesterday and saw the January issue of POLICE Magazine. The title of one of the articles was, "Obama and Law Enforcement, What will he do?" The article covers several topics but one topic was gun control. The magazine does a good job of pointing out Obama and Bidens numerous gun control policies. However, two subjects struck me, one is the H.R. 218. Obama said that he supports law enforcement access to guns and will not roll back H.R. 218. But the one that makes me laugh even more was when the F.O.P. president asked Obama what he favored in the way of additional firearms legislation. He responded with he would not support any legislation that the F.O.P. did not support. And the F.O.P. stated that they did not support any firearms legislation. And then they said that they would take Obama at his word. I wouldn't take that bet.

Business_Casual
02-12-09, 09:11
"He responded with he would not support any legislation that the F.O.P. did not support."

What excellent leadership we have with this man at the helm of our great nation.

M_P

lalakai
02-12-09, 09:13
I imagine that Obama will only support legislation that the F.O.P. also wants, but he will be highly selective of which F.O.P. elements he has at his side when he announces support of certain restrictive legislation. Just as you have LEO's who support bans, you have LEO's that support the freedom to make your own choice. If he looks hard enough he will find some F.O.P. members that share his views on certain topics of control issues.

nailing down a policitian is like trying to pick up mercury with your fingers.

Jay Cunningham
02-12-09, 09:13
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25110