PDA

View Full Version : New Arsenal SGL20 Saiga AK 47 PICS !!!

d90king
02-12-09, 16:11
I thought I would post a couple pics of the latest addition to my AK family. It is a Arsenal SGL20 and will become my training rifle. I am new to AK's but it looks very well made other than the magwell being very tight. Only waffle mags will fit. Here are a few pics!!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSCN1020.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSCN1019.jpg

RD62
02-12-09, 20:32
I beg you.... Adopt me!

:D

Or at least quit taunting me with your latest Badass purchase of the week pictures!

Nice AK!

-RD62

Edited to add: I come over and replace your outlet cover if you let me shoot your AK's and LMT's!

m4fun
02-12-09, 21:10
Whats the deal with only waffle mags will fit? I have a couple of ARs that take AK mags, and neither will take a waffle mag due to the raised "waffle" pattern affecting insertion into the magwell. The Steel mags seem to be way more tollerant.

Beautiful AK!

d90king
02-12-09, 21:12
I beg you.... Adopt me!

:D

Or at least quit taunting me with your latest Badass purchase of the week pictures!

Nice AK!

-RD62

Edited to add: I come over and replace your outlet cover if you let me shoot your AK's and LMT's!

That was just fnn funny.:D I am officially done at this point because I cant fit another rifle in the safe.:mad:

Even though...........I might be able to fit a under or side folder though in a back corner.:D

The rifle will make a great training rifle for me and is overall very well made, its finish is better than the 107CR I got last week.

d90king
02-12-09, 21:18
Whats the deal with only waffle mags will fit? I have a couple of ARs that take AK mags, and neither will take a waffle mag due to the raised "waffle" pattern affecting insertion into the magwell. The Steel mags seem to be way more tollerant.

Beautiful AK!

Thank you!

I have resolved the fit of the mags at this point. I had one mag that wouldnt fit right but the others are fine after cycling the weapon a couple times and feeding it mags for a while it is GTG.:D

It really is a nice rifle and I will get a lot of use out of it.

Spooky130
02-12-09, 21:21
I thought I would post a couple pics of the latest addition to my AK family. It is a Arsenal SGL20 and will become my training rifle. I am new to AK's but it looks very well made other than the magwell being very tight. Only waffle mags will fit. Here are a few pics!!

STOP!!! Seriously! You are killing me!!! Too many nice guns in too short of a period! I don't know if I should hate you or try to become your best friend!

Nice rifle though. I would love to see a side by side comparison of this and your SLR107CR.

Spooky

texasyid
02-12-09, 21:27
Been looking at those as well. Can't decide between that and a 107F. Don't really care if the stock folds or not and I like the Russian markings. Looks like you got a good one judging from the test target.

d90king
02-12-09, 22:03
STOP!!! Seriously! You are killing me!!! Too many nice guns in too short of a period! I don't know if I should hate you or try to become your best friend!

Nice rifle though. I would love to see a side by side comparison of this and your SLR107CR.

Spooky

Thank you! If you find yourself in SE Pa then you can be my best friend for a day and do some shooting.:D

I will take some good pics off both and you can see the difference. I like all of the Russian markings that Legion puts on the rifle and it is built like a tank.

d90king
02-12-09, 22:05
Been looking at those as well. Can't decide between that and a 107F. Don't really care if the stock folds or not and I like the Russian markings. Looks like you got a good one judging from the test target.

I have a 107 CR that is also a very nice rifle. The target is good but it has a flier that you cant see in the pics.

Shihan
02-12-09, 23:42
Link to where they are in stock?

d90king
02-13-09, 08:49
[QUOTE=Shihan;309531]Link to where they are in stock?[/QUOTE

I bought this one from the same little shop that I bought the 107CR it was the only one that t hey got. I paid $950 if that helps. I think Aresenal has been shipping a lot of them very recently so now is when they should be on dealers.

TOrrock
02-13-09, 10:38
The rifles are imported with a mag well that only accepts a single stack magazine...as do all assembled rifles imported now.

Arsenal Inc. opens the magwell up to accept standard mags, sometimes they're a wee tight.

If you need to, take a hand file and just touch up the areas that the other mags are sticking.

Nice looking blaster!

This will go right on there:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16963&cat=289&page=1

Storydude
02-13-09, 11:29
The rifles are imported with a mag well that only accepts a single stack magazine...as do all assembled rifles imported now.

Arsenal Inc. opens the magwell up to accept standard mags, sometimes they're a wee tight.

If you need to, take a hand file and just touch up the areas that the other mags are sticking.

Nice looking blaster!

I had to relieve the magwell on my NoDak Rec. as well. It's not a big issue, as long as you only file the magwell and lower rails...NEVER on the mag-catch on the rifle.

d90king
02-13-09, 18:44

Nice looking blaster!

The magwell issue I have resolved and it is perfect. Its funny I was just posting on a different board that I was going to look into a different front end for it.;)

I will say the one on it kinda keeps growing on me but I don't see a practical reason to keep it on.