PDA

View Full Version : Best 9MM Colt Commander Magazines?

mrj3
02-13-09, 12:51
Any recomendations on 9mm commander mags appreciated.

WillBrink
02-13-09, 12:54
Any recomendations on 9mm commander mags appreciated.

Have not used them, but I hear good things about the new Wilson Elite series mags which has a single stack 9mm in the line up I believe.

SGB
02-13-09, 17:29
Tripp Research 10R-9MM-R http://www.trippresearch.com/CVS/products/1911/1911.html

Jason Burton
02-14-09, 11:23
We’ve run a couple of 9mm 1911s with the Wilson Combat ETM magazines and thus far those magazines are working just as they should. The magazine has a plastic ‘spacer‘ that sits behind the follower inside the magazine tube and the follower rides in a track on either side of the tube provided by crimping the magazine for the smaller 9mm bullet. This seems to provide the correct placement of the bullet to help achieve uninterrupted feeding and lock-back once the magazine is empty.

One additional benefit I found is that the ‘spacer‘ at the back of the magazine can be removed and the magazines can be used for 9x23. This worked well in the testing I did and the follower showed no undue movement. This is not necessarily something the good folks at Wilson intended nor may want you to do but none the less it worked in my guns.

Falboy
02-18-09, 10:56
My research indicates that the "Springfield" magazines with the built in feedramp in the front are good as well.

CCFP
02-18-09, 11:13
I've got a bunch of MEC-GAR, they're no great hell.