PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ASAP and MS2 available now.

DrDrake
02-13-09, 18:01
http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82_132

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/images/asap.jpg

ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point
$29.95

ASAP™ (Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point)

The ASAP™ was designed to give a shooter over 180 degrees range of motion of the sling attachment point and can be used ambidextrously by both left or right handed shooters. This sling mount gives the shooter a tactical advantage allowing a full range of motion and minimizes binding while switching shoulders. This is particularly important in situations such as shooting around corners or if the shooter was injured. The ASAP™ is designed for use with Single-Point® slings with a snap hook (such as the Magpul® MS2™ Sling) on CAR-15/M4 Carbines.

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/images/ms2.jpg

MS2 Multi-Mission Sling
$49.95

MS2™ Sling

Driven by the operational experience of Magpul Dynamics™ instructors, the MS2™ Multi-Mission Sling System was designed to give a versatile weapon-retention solution for a multitude of tactical environments and missions. As a standalone product, the rapidly-convertible MS2™ allows an operator to leverage the maneuverability of single-point® attachment for direct-action, or two-point attachment for stability. Single-hand adjustments, quick-detach lanyard and positive-locking metal hardware provide flexibility and durability in a truly adaptable sling system.

Curry
02-13-09, 18:37
Just ordered both.

SeriousStudent
02-13-09, 20:25
Ditto - ordered a set as well for a new build.

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

nickdrak
02-13-09, 21:02
Oh yeah! Order placed!!! Wife is gonna kill me....

Boomer10
02-13-09, 21:05
On the site it has pictures of a tan sling, but the only choice if purchasing is black. When will the tan slings be available?

mvician
02-13-09, 21:17
Order placed :D

chris1280
02-13-09, 21:18
On the site it has pictures of a tan sling, but the only choice if purchasing is black. When will the tan slings be available?

I know it sucks...I just order a set myself and wish they had the tan sling....but oh well I'd rather jump on board and order now...who knows how long they will last and when the back ordering will start....:D

randolph
02-13-09, 21:45
these people cost me a lot of money evey week...

Boomer10
02-13-09, 21:48
I know it sucks...I just order a set myself and wish they had the tan sling....but oh well I'd rather jump on board and order now...who knows how long they will last and when the back ordering will start....:D

I went ahead and ordered it. I figure when the tan slings come out I can buy one and then sell the black one (or keep it for my spare gun).

All I can say is I'm damn glad I've already received my tax return and my re-enlistment bonus is coming at the end of the month!! :D

RogerinTPA
02-13-09, 21:50
Outstanding news DrDrake. I ordered a few! Any time frame for the foliage or FDE sling colors???

Stickman
02-14-09, 12:51
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/IMG_8202%201028%20Stick.jpg

chadbag
02-14-09, 13:51
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/IMG_8202%201028%20Stick.jpg

Hey the castle nut does not appear to be staked! ;)

Stickman
02-14-09, 22:25
I could make up a BS comment about it being staked properly on the other side, but the truth is that the castlenut is on hand tight for the picture. I only had one ASAP plate, so it got dropped on the quickest build possible for pictures.

See, honesty is still around in places. :)

NoBody
02-14-09, 22:29
Deleted.

Stickman
02-15-09, 15:34
Stick,

Who makes the Hawk that's in the photo?

NB

http://www.rmjtactical.com/

TomMcC
02-16-09, 09:33
I'm lefthanded. Would I just flip the sling over ( label down)?

Lawdog537
02-17-09, 10:29
Kudos to Rich, Drake, Travis, Chris, and the Magpul Crew!!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to get in on the pre-orders of these items, and expect them soon. Word on the street was these would be released in mid-February, and guess what?, here it is mid-February and they are ready to order. Kind of a nice "shut your pie hole" to all the whiners out there who forever lament the "fact" what Magpul makes promises they can't keep with cool products consumers must forever wait for....................

Well, I have bought many, many products the minute they hit the market only to find in short order that they did not leave me with a warm fuzzy or function as promised. I ended up selling most at a huge loss, or they are still taking up space in a drawer somewhere. NOT SO with any Magpul product. When they get to the public, they function as advertised and I have happily kept every one. Drake has also been the only manufacturers rep to help my department by providing cool stuff and great support with no strings and no second thoughts. I am a customer for life and can't wait to see what is next.....HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Cory

Curry
02-19-09, 10:16
Has anyone gotten a package from magpul yet?

azidpa
02-19-09, 10:48
my MS2 sling and ASAP arrived today!
(ordered on 2/13/09)

Mark

chris1280
02-19-09, 14:50
I also ordered on the 13th so hopefully I get mine today as well.....we'll see...:)

Curry
02-19-09, 17:07
My arrived a few hours ago (ordered it on 2/13/09). Just finished installing the asap. I need to get a punch to stake the castle nut, but so far I really like this set up.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/AshleeandBen/IMG_3095.jpg

Boomer10
02-19-09, 22:35
I ordered mine on the 13th as well and they charged my card on the 16th so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I also noticed the 2 people who've received theirs are closer to Colorado than I am... still hoping for tomorrow!!:D

Lawdog537
02-20-09, 08:43
Got mine yesterday....even better than I thought

chadbag
02-20-09, 11:54
note from what I understand this was a limited production run for the consumer market (get some out there, test production facilities with actual production run etc) and full production is starting to ramp now and dealers will get them once full production is running.

I am not privy to all the details, just what I heard.

bigshooter
02-20-09, 22:12
got mine today.

anybody stake theirs yet?.

Honu
02-23-09, 01:25
arrived Saturday :)

nickdrak
02-23-09, 02:11
got mine today.

anybody stake theirs yet?.

Yeah, it is a little tougher to do than a standard end plate. The ASAP plate sits slightly higher off of the edge of the castle nut, so you have to get the stake really deep down into the ASAP plate in order for it to be effective and set into the notch on the castle nut. It is do-able, but takes a little more effort.

I have had mine set up for a few days now, and it is really a great system. I am getting more and more comfortable with it, instead of finding certain quirks/dislikes with the system. I do believe this MS2 sling/ASAP combo will be the best available option in slings. At least for me it is....

snakedoctor
02-23-09, 12:12
i ordered mine by phone on the 5th of february and im still waiting. i noticed my card was charged but it went away and hasn't came back. :(

punkkin
02-23-09, 12:16
Will the ASAP work with a M93b stock?

Irish
02-23-09, 15:12
Just placed my order for both :)

Boomer10
02-23-09, 16:55
I ordered mine on 13 Feb, card was charged on 16 Feb, still haven't received anything. :(

BUCK OFAMA
02-23-09, 21:23
To the guys that got theirs already:

I know the MP sling can function as both a single and two point system, but I'm wondering how well it does two point?

If I were using it as a two-point, where would the front clamp be easiest to attach? It looks a bit large, so I'm wondering if it'll fit in my MI front sling mount?

Thanks a lot if you can answer this one. Hoping to order a set, but I'm not entirely sure yet if it'd serve my purposes.

SeriousStudent
02-23-09, 22:20
I ordered mine on 13 Feb, card was charged on 16 Feb, still haven't received anything. :(

Same here. I emailed Magpul customer service. I know they are pretty busy right now, I am betting I will get mine soon.

rob_s
02-24-09, 06:15
Will the ASAP work with a M93b stock?

How would it?

The ASAP replaces the stock receiver endplate, and the M93 series of stocks does not use the stock receiver endplate.

EchoFox
02-24-09, 12:31
Just ordered a set, hopefully this time without problems featured by ITAR. :D

Stickman
02-24-09, 13:13
To the guys that got theirs already:

I know the MP sling can function as both a single and two point system, but I'm wondering how well it does two point?

If I were using it as a two-point, where would the front clamp be easiest to attach? It looks a bit large, so I'm wondering if it'll fit in my MI front sling mount?

Three of the four attachment methods that I have used are shown below, and work well.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/0O2P1283-1028-Stick.jpg

Boomer10
02-24-09, 14:42
Same here. I emailed Magpul customer service. I know they are pretty busy right now, I am betting I will get mine soon.

I sent Magpul an email today at 3:17 PM Eastern and received a reply at 3:32 PM. I admit, I used my .mil email address to send the email instead of my .com on the hopes that they'd reply quicker. ;)

Amanda gave me a tracking number that FedEx shows as delivered today!!:D I can't wait to get home since this apparently is a good day to deliver packages to my house (3rd to be delivered today).

BUCK OFAMA
02-24-09, 16:21
Three of the four attachment methods that I have used are shown below, and work well.

Thanks for that photo, Stickman. Looks like I'm getting one now!

96GTS
02-24-09, 18:24
i ordered mine by phone on the 5th of february and im still waiting. i noticed my card was charged but it went away and hasn't came back. :(
Same exact thing happened to me. I could've SWORN I saw my card charged, but now can't find the transaction:confused: I placed my order on the 13th.

I sent Magpul an email today at 3:17 PM Eastern and received a reply at 3:32 PM. I admit, I used my .mil email address to send the email instead of my .com on the hopes that they'd reply quicker. ;)

Amanda gave me a tracking number that FedEx shows as delivered today!!:D I can't wait to get home since this apparently is a good day to deliver packages to my house (3rd to be delivered today).
Do you have an email address besides the "contact" form on their site? PM me if you want. Thanks!!

Brock Landers
02-24-09, 19:03
I ordered mine on the 14th, got it today, and my card hasn't been charged yet.

Lawdog537
02-25-09, 09:10
I also have attached it to the standard front sling swivel. I will probably use it in the 2 point mode more thqan a single point

Stickman
02-27-09, 11:32
I've set one up off the front sling swivel as well, but haven't done extended work with it that way (seemed decent with short term use). If you get a chance, let us know how it works out.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/IMG_8151%20A%201028%20stick.jpg

BUCK OFAMA
03-01-09, 10:21
Does anyone know what the status is over at Magpul? I put in my order for both the sling and plate on 2/25, and then emailed them a follow-up note asking when the expected ship date would be. It's been a week without any response, so I emailed again.

What bothers me is that now, on the MP website, it shows the sling as "coming soon." I know what we were ordering was the so-called "test run" but I'm just concerned over whether or not I have a sling coming sometime in the next month!

I realize all of these folks are busy and I hate being a pain in the ass, but I've got a class to take in April and was hoping to use this new MP set-up--if it ain't coming in I'd like to know, at least, so I can order something else to tide me over.

Anyone know what's going on over there?

Derek_Connor
03-01-09, 10:29
Does anyone know what the status is over at Magpul? I put in my order for both the sling and plate on 2/25, and then emailed them a follow-up note asking when the expected ship date would be. It's been a week without any response, so I emailed again.

What bothers me is that now, on the MP website, it shows the sling as "coming soon." I know what we were ordering was the so-called "test run" but I'm just concerned over whether or not I have a sling coming sometime in the next month!

I realize all of these folks are busy and I hate being a pain in the ass, but I've got a class to take in April and was hoping to use this new MP set-up--if it ain't coming in I'd like to know, at least, so I can order something else to tide me over.

Anyone know what's going on over there?

Magpul has responded over on TOS with people who are in similar situations, they are looking into it. I do agree it is somewhat irritating, I am in the same situation. I put in an order for the sling and plates within minutes of it hitting the website, that was 2 weeks ago, nothing has arrived yet.

RogerinTPA
03-01-09, 12:06
Same situation here. I put in my order on the Feb 14th. No dice here.

I'm in the same situation as well. Ordered on the 13th as soon as it was posted. I guess timing is everything.

TOM1911
03-01-09, 12:06
Ordered my ASAP plate on 2/27, hopefully it gets processed soon. And I'm still waiting for them to release the MS2 in FDE so I can get that on order as well.:rolleyes:

Derek_Connor
03-01-09, 12:31
Well it seems like there is a collection of us that have fell into a black hole w/the online ordering system...

SeriousStudent
03-01-09, 12:51
I am in the same boat. Two emails, no replies, I ordered on 2/13 within a couple of hours after they went up on the site.

I am sure they will fix it, but it's just puzzling why other folks got theirs that ordered them a week after I did.

Irish
03-01-09, 14:44
I ordered mine on 2/23 and no response as of yet for me either...

AirmanAtwood
03-01-09, 15:08
I ordered a plate on the 22nd and havent gotten a response to my email as to when it will ship.

mvician
03-01-09, 17:56
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/LMT/CopyofLMTMagpul006.jpg

96GTS
03-01-09, 20:43
Ordered mine on 2/14. Just got it either Thur or Fri (I didnt get home until Sat).

SMJayman
03-02-09, 17:15
Got mine today, the sling and plate. For those of you who have installed it, what are the little teeny squares they include used for? I was going to put it on tonight but I couldn't figure that part out....

AirmanAtwood
03-02-09, 17:24
Got mine today, the sling and plate. For those of you who have installed it, what are the little teeny squares they include used for? I was going to put it on tonight but I couldn't figure that part out....

RTFM.

DrDrake
03-02-09, 17:25

Per the directions, the key (teeny metal squares) fits in the keyway on the ASAP plate. There are two supplied, one for comm. tubes and one for milspec tubes.

oakman34
03-02-09, 17:34
Got mine on Friday via FedEx. Looks like another winner for Magpul. Keep up the good work guys.

AirmanAtwood
03-02-09, 17:40
Got mine on Friday via FedEx. Looks like another winner for Magpul. Keep up the good work guys.

When did you order yours?

Irish
03-02-09, 17:41
Any news on if more will be shipping? The online ordering is a bit frustrating. My order was placed on 2/23 and is still in processing.

SMJayman
03-02-09, 17:42
Per the directions, the key (teeny metal squares) fits in the keyway on the ASAP plate. There are two supplied, one for comm. tubes and one for milspec tubes.

Oh hey, look at that. Thanks! :)

oakman34
03-02-09, 17:55
Ordered mine online on 2/17.

Boomer10
03-02-09, 18:03
Any news on if more will be shipping? The online ordering is a bit frustrating. My order was placed on 2/23 and is still in processing.

Don't pay attention to the fact that it says "Processing". I've ordered directly from Magpul twice since Dec 07 and both orders still say "Processing" even though I've received both orders in full.:D

AirmanAtwood
03-02-09, 18:07
Don't pay attention to the fact that it says "Processing". I've ordered directly from Magpul twice since Dec 07 and both orders still say "Processing" even though I've received both orders in full.:D

I made a call today stating why I NEED my plate shipped soon. Well lord behold, my card was charged. Still says processing but hey, Progress is being made.

TOM1911
03-03-09, 02:04

Yeah...I've noticed that as well on my previous orders:rolleyes:

Irish
03-03-09, 15:39
FedEx just arrived and so did my Magpul order! ASAP and MS2 sling. Order placed on 2/23 and arrived on 3/3. Now for the install :D

AirmanAtwood
03-03-09, 15:40
FedEx just arrived and so did my Magpul order! ASAP and MS2 sling. Order placed on 2/23 and arrived on 3/3. Now for the install :D

:mad: Ordered a day before you did and havent gotten it yet

Irish
03-03-09, 15:54
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6478/asap004.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asap004.jpg)

AirmanAtwood
03-03-09, 15:55
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6478/asap004.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asap004.jpg)

you tease :p

Irish
03-03-09, 15:56
Good luck! Hopefully should get yours soon. 1 recommendation for Magpul is to update their online order processing/tracking system. A shipping e-mail confirmation would be great as well! Looks to be a very well made and engineered product thus far.

SMJayman
03-03-09, 16:02
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3565/3324938294_0a343a7c42.jpg

You mean like this?

Thanks to everybody who pointed out that I'm a ding dong and should read the directions. :)

Hersh
03-03-09, 16:21
OK I'll admit ... I brain farted and ordered the Gear Sector instead of the MS2 sling. Any chance you can amend the order for me? I sent you details in a PM.

'Sorry to complicate things, I know you guys are swamped.

Apologies also for the thread 'jack.

Thanks

Derek_Connor
03-03-09, 16:29
OK I'll admit ... I brain farted and ordered the Gear Sector instead of the MS2 sling. Any chance you can amend the order for me? I sent you details in a PM.

'Sorry to complicate things, I know you guys are swamped.

Apologies also for the thread 'jack.

Thanks

Hey Man, you'd be better off calling magpul directly..

call their number, get ahold of justin beard or jessica, extension #110

Hersh
03-03-09, 17:10
Hey Man, you'd be better off calling magpul directly..

call their number, get ahold of justin beard or jessica, extension #110

Just got off the phone with Jessica and I'm good-to-go!

Thanks!

SeriousStudent
03-03-09, 17:45
Derek, thanks for the handy tip. I was able to speak to the lovely and talented Jessica. She confirmed they shipped my order just a few days after I submitted it. She kindly started a trace with Fedex for me.

I'm sure it will turn up soon. Magpul goodness has always been worth the wait.

Derek_Connor
03-03-09, 19:26
Derek, thanks for the handy tip. I was able to speak to the lovely and talented Jessica. She confirmed they shipped my order just a few days after I submitted it. She kindly started a trace with Fedex for me.

my pleasure gentleman...glad to help

Abraxas
03-03-09, 20:19

Your pics are always top notch

Boomer10
03-03-09, 22:17

Both times I've ordered from Magpul they've sent the packages to the wrong address. The first time was the UBR preorder and this time was the sling/mount. Both times they had the correct street address but the wrong city/zip code. I checked my account/receipts/everything I could find and it has the correct city/zip code, but for some reason it was shipped with the wrong one.

The good news is that both packages arrived within a few days of when they were supposed to so I'm sure your packages will arrive shortly.

SeriousStudent
03-03-09, 23:07

The good news is that both packages arrived within a few days of when they were supposed to so I'm sure your packages will arrive shortly.

Yup, I am betting they will get here eventually. Fedex does have airplanes, but Magpul has MACHINE GUNS! Who's gonna win that fight? :D

My money is on the folks from Boulder. ;)

lindertw
03-04-09, 06:30
I ordered an ASAP and MS2 on 02/19 and it arrived yesterday, 03/03...

Stickman
03-04-09, 13:17
Your pics are always top notch

Someone has to like them, thankyou. :)

AirmanAtwood
03-04-09, 15:46
Got an email from Jessica saying my ASAP plate shipped yesterday and will be delivered on the 9th. I'm excited as hell :)

AirmanAtwood
03-05-09, 16:25
Still nothing here. I ordered on the 14th of Feb.

try contacting jessica

jessica@magpul.com

OR

303-828-3460 x 110

snakedoctor
03-05-09, 21:04
Still nothing here. I ordered on the 14th of Feb.

Relax bro... They're still a small company on the rise. I ordered 2 on the 5th of Feb and still haven't received them.

RogerinTPA
03-05-09, 22:41
try contacting jessica

jessica@magpul.com

OR

303-828-3460 x 110

I finally got a hold of her. The order is on the way!:D

Curry
03-06-09, 01:24
I heard on another board they are shipping out tan slings now, anyone got one?

yellowthunder
03-13-09, 15:10
I was snooping around the Magpul website and noticed that the MS2 sling color options have FDE option added to the site... Black was the only color option avalible till today... Maybe they'll be some in stock soon? :D

EchoFox
03-18-09, 13:32
Date Ordered: Tuesday 24 February, 2009

The comments for your order are: I apologize but we just learned that the
ASAP sling attachment is ITAR restricted and it can not be shipped outside
the US. Please let us know what you would like to do with the order.
Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Great, so much about the email telling me that the package is "shipping today" from 6th March. :rolleyes:

RogerinTPA
03-18-09, 14:08
Just go my asap plates and ms2 last week. They are slicker than owl shit on a okra dish. Only problem is, I find the strap too narrow and starts to cut into the shoulder after running it on the range for a couple of hours. Need to do one of two things, make the strap a bit wider or have a padded sling version for us wimps. :) Other than that, the quick change everything, has sold me on this sling. It's a good piece of kit.:cool:

MOTO69JOE
03-22-09, 04:20
Date Ordered: Tuesday 24 February, 2009

The comments for your order are: I apologize but we just learned that the
ASAP sling attachment is ITAR restricted and it can not be shipped outside
the US. Please let us know what you would like to do with the order.
Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Great, so much about the email telling me that the package is "shipping today" from 6th March. :rolleyes:

OK so whats the deal? I specifically asked if the plate would be restricted from being shipped to my APO address and I was told it would be good to go. I have been waiting almost 4 weeks from when they told me it was shipped and still nothing. I'm calling on monday again to get to the bottom of this. BTW I called magpul after the date you have on your email reply and was told otherwise.

DavidFourteen
03-22-09, 09:12
Magpul's website still says the sling is coming soon -- anybody heard when?

Derek_Connor
03-22-09, 09:17
Just go my asap plates and ms2 last week. They are slicker than owl shit on a okra dish. Only problem is, I find the strap too narrow and starts to cut into the shoulder after running it on the range for a couple of hours. Need to do one of two things, make the strap a bit wider or have a padded sling version for us wimps. :) Other than that, the quick change everything, has sold me on this sling. It's a good piece of kit.:cool:

I agree, found the same thing.

Iraq Ninja
03-22-09, 12:19
I brought an ASAP and sling back to Iraq. It works well over my vest, partly because it is thin.

Not sure why some are reporting that is cuts into the shoulders. It should be a non issue as long as you don't let the rifle hang from the sling. Any good operator worth his salt will always keep both hands on the weapon and not use the sling as a weight bearing device.

rob_s
03-22-09, 13:10
"clear 'em out and let 'em hang" or "make a condition 4 carbine and let it hang" has been a command repeated 10x+ a day in every class I've ever been in. At our matches we don't want to see anyone finger-****ing their carbine behind the line.

Clearly this is not the application intended for this product, but suffice it to say that in a training or competing environment carbines are left slung all the time.

Irish
03-22-09, 14:09
I think it's a different environment, different scenario and as such the difference in being a "hard target" in a hostile environment VS a training/range situation.

Iraq Ninja
03-25-09, 04:12
Rob, good point about matches. But, I guess there is still a some "Ranger" left in me that says not to use the sling to let it hang. I think the Magpul guys say the same thing on their video?

Anyhow, I made this little pic to help out... ;)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Misc/rifleslingpads.jpg

Palmguy
03-25-09, 06:29
Magpul's website still says the sling is coming soon -- anybody heard when?

FWIW: I ordered back on 2/26 (back when black was all that was available)...called Jessica yesterday and asked if I could change to FDE since that was on the website now; after that was taken care of I asked her if she had any idea on lead time: about 2 more weeks.

Derek_Connor
03-25-09, 07:58
I can see both sides of it.

Of course, my experience comes from nothing but private instruction. Ive had multiple instructors tell us we need atleast one hand on a rifle at all times, no matter where we were.

And Ive had just as many tell me to clear and let hang behind the line.

For any sling, its going to dig into your neck, 1points more than 2points. So for any block of instruction I always try to wear old collared shirts, helps keep the sun off the neck and arms, and also helps the sling stay in contact with cloth instead of skin.

RogerinTPA
03-25-09, 10:19
I brought an ASAP and sling back to Iraq. It works well over my vest, partly because it is thin.

Not sure why some are reporting that is cuts into the shoulders. It should be a non issue as long as you don't let the rifle hang from the sling. Any good operator worth his salt will always keep both hands on the weapon and not use the sling as a weight bearing device.

A sling is designed as a "Load Bearing/Retention Device". Good thing I'm not an "Operator" (This term kills me by the way. :p Just like "SpecOps" instead of SOF. When I was in, the only folks that term was in use for, was the Unit guys. While I was in Somalia, the young Rangers were so enamored by the D-Boys, that they started calling themselves "Operators" out of earshot, claiming they were doing the same thing as they were. Some how, it permeated throughout the SOF community, the entire military and even to the civilian SWAT types, to be like the cool guys in the Unit.)

I'm just a serious civilian hobbyist shooter, so my sling experience is restricted to, like others on here, range/training use only. No disrespect intended, but except for these "Operators", LAV, Paul Howe, Kyle Lamb, et el, unless you have gone through the OTC Selection and training, and completed it, no one should be using the term "Operator". ;)

Stickman
03-25-09, 14:45
rharris2163,

I think the word has evolved into being a generic term for weapon user/ weapon operator at this point.

As far as the sling, I've always found tubular webbing to be very comfortable.

BAC
03-26-09, 21:54
Disregard, I'm good to go.

-B

yellowthunder
03-28-09, 16:30
I just saw one in black sell on E-Bay for $300!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they come back in stock soon!

Bpurcg19
03-30-09, 09:58
For those of you that have used this setup in the two point mode...how is it? Is it holding up well?

Derek_Connor
03-30-09, 10:08
For those of you that have used this setup in the two point mode...how is it? Is it holding up well?

So far so good. No long weekends w/it, but a few days wearing it here and there for shooting. I only find myself putting it into 2point when Im lazy.

Ive practice reacting while in 2 point, and it still works well. Ive found the right length to keep it adjusted that I can have it 1point or 2point and still shoulder the weapon with easy.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3329/dsc07654large.jpg

Bpurcg19
03-30-09, 10:12
Thanks Derek!

Also, I am not a fan of the quick release buckles because of previous problems with them. I know its Magpul so its G2G usually but do find it to be strong?

losbronces
03-30-09, 10:58
I just saw one in black sell on E-Bay for $300!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they come back in stock soon!

For $300, I would part with one of mine:D

Really that is ridiculous, these won't be banned. I wonder if that price was actually received.

Derek_Connor
03-30-09, 12:41
Thanks Derek!

Also, I am not a fan of the quick release buckles because of previous problems with them. I know its Magpul so its G2G usually but do find it to be strong?

no concerns as of yet, while i have no scientific methods or #s to back it up, ive dropped the full weight of the rifle while slung and haven't seen any signs of stress...

DavidFourteen
04-01-09, 21:36
FWIW: I ordered back on 2/26 (back when black was all that was available)...called Jessica yesterday and asked if I could change to FDE since that was on the website now; after that was taken care of I asked her if she had any idea on lead time: about 2 more weeks.
Thanks!

Hersh
04-02-09, 16:00

She answered my email today and also said 2 weeks on the sling. 'Looks like they're making some headway.

Gamer747
04-02-09, 21:33
I too was told it would be two weeks for the slings to be in stock.

That was two weeks ago, to be honest I don't think they even know...

Falboy
04-03-09, 07:52
In two point mode, how would you guys compare it to a Vickers? Does it have a quick lengthening feature?

Derek_Connor
04-03-09, 08:19
In two point mode, how would you guys compare it to a Vickers? Does it have a quick lengthening feature?

yes..

Gamer747
04-14-09, 19:48
HEADS UP!

The sling is back in stock and up for sale on the Magpul website...

Get'em while there hawt.

Loner
04-15-09, 10:13
Derek,

Did you modify the CQD mount to work with the MS2 clip?

FiveStar
04-18-09, 19:47
Any one hear anything?

Ligament
04-19-09, 04:46
Can this item be used with the UBR stock?

Derek_Connor
04-19-09, 14:57
Derek,

Did you modify the CQD mount to work with the MS2 clip?

No I did not, its stock.

If you want to get more movement out of the CQD - dremel the base off so there is only one thread mount left in it, and open up the entire hole as well, and that allows more free range of motion on it.

LOKNLOD
04-19-09, 15:35
Can this item be used with the UBR stock?

The ASAP plate cannot. No end plate is used with the UBR.

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
04-19-09, 16:19
Thanks Derek!

For specifics:

We have done 350lb stress test and passed with flying colors. We would take to to 400 but we figure if the shooter has more than 350lbs of stress on their sling while wearing it,... well then they have more than a sling problem...LOL

Also we did a repeated 15ft drop test with a 10ft leash on the ASAP plate and it it did fine as well.

Bpurcg19
04-19-09, 16:22
Thanks Travis. I trust its all good to go. Looking forward to picking one up pretty soon.

Thanks

Agile53
04-19-09, 16:33
+1 to Bpurcg19s comments to Travis. Looking forward to receiving my MS2 this week.
Curious as to how I'll like it compared to my long used CSM Gear single point. Been using
the CSM so long that I had Doc. Mike make me a 2nd w/ a left over trigger hook which I prefer over the mash types.
Like the adaptability that the MS2 offers to secure my weapon & then free up my hands. Just my .02
~Agile53

EchoFox
04-25-09, 17:24
Anyone from outside the US received their MS2 by now? I was told it shipped out March 17th, but nothing arrived here in the past weeks. :mad:

Germanfritze
04-28-09, 03:43
Hi DrDrake,
can I get one in coyote/tan?
Can´t find it in your catalogue!

Fire
04-28-09, 13:41
Received Black MS2 and ASAP today! :D (ordered on the 15th)

Thanks Magpul! Love it!!!!

:)

snake.doctor
05-01-09, 10:00
How is it the ASAP is restricted from export by ITAR, and the sling isn't ?

Ordered both today, but they told me they cannot send the ASAP because of ITAR, but the sling, no problem...

Palmguy
05-01-09, 10:35
How is it the ASAP is restricted from export by ITAR, and the sling isn't ?

Ordered both today, but they told me they cannot send the ASAP because of ITAR, but the sling, no problem...

I could be horribly wrong, but as I understand it, because the ASAP is functionally a part of the rifle; it replaces the receiver end plate, locates the RE rotationally, holds the takedown pin detent in place, etc, that it is regulated under ITAR/AECA.

From the United States Munitions List:
Category I-Firearms
*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms. (See § 121.9 and §§ 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)

The sling is not a functional part or component of the rifle itself.

Certainly open to correction if I am wrong.

snake.doctor
05-01-09, 14:03
I could be horribly wrong, but as I understand it, because the ASAP is functionally a part of the rifle; it replaces the receiver end plate, locates the RE rotationally, holds the takedown pin detent in place, etc, that it is regulated under ITAR/AECA.

From the United States Munitions List:
Category I-Firearms
*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms. (See § 121.9 and §§ 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)

The sling is not a functional part or component of the rifle itself.

Certainly open to correction if I am wrong.

Well, if you're correct, what I don't understand is why Magpul doesn't try to have this item declassified... I mean, if I order this piece, that's mean I already own a weapon. It's not like a bolt, a barrel, a lower or an upper to build a weapon...

It's sad we can't get those cool stuff here. Unless we're ready to pay 150$ for the ASAP...

EchoFox
05-04-09, 18:42
This (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=49b807bdcc95ad4246bbe2bb66b05521&rgn=div8&view=text&node=22:1.0.1.13.62.0.32.17&idno=22) might be interesting.

(a) Except as provided in §126.1 of this subchapter, Port Directors of U.S. Customs and Border Protection shall permit the export without a license of components and parts for Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction.

chadbag
05-04-09, 19:43
This (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=49b807bdcc95ad4246bbe2bb66b05521&rgn=div8&view=text&node=22:1.0.1.13.62.0.32.17&idno=22) might be interesting.

(a) Except as provided in §126.1 of this subchapter, Port Directors of U.S. Customs and Border Protection shall permit the export without a license of components and parts for Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction.

From my understanding when I researched this a few years ago, that such export is legal but must still be reported. There is an online system and the under $100 parts exports still have to be reported and in order to report you have to be registered as an arms exporter which cost (at least it did like 3-4 years ago) $1750 a year. I got certified to use the online reporting system (export licensed gun parts also have to be reported in the same system) but could not report any under $100 shipments since I did not have a registration number.

Sorry for lack of details. This is based on my own experience but it was like 3-4 years ago and the exact details have skipped town.

The actual ITAR language is interesting. It specifically exempts hobbyist hand loading equipment and bullet making equipment (think hand casting) and certain things like after market upgrade grips.

two_ton_anchor
05-12-09, 15:57
Gentlemen, Mr. Connor is sporting a Battery Assist Device on his weapon, a much coveted and highly sought after piece of gear. Query: how where and how much? :eek:

EchoFox
05-12-09, 16:41
From my understanding when I researched this a few years ago, that such export is legal but must still be reported. There is an online system and the under $100 parts exports still have to be reported and in order to report you have to be registered as an arms exporter which cost (at least it did like 3-4 years ago) $1750 a year. I got certified to use the online reporting system (export licensed gun parts also have to be reported in the same system) but could not report any under $100 shipments since I did not have a registration number.

Sorry for lack of details. This is based on my own experience but it was like 3-4 years ago and the exact details have skipped town.

The actual ITAR language is interesting. It specifically exempts hobbyist hand loading equipment and bullet making equipment (think hand casting) and certain things like after market upgrade grips.

Oh okay, thanks for explaning! ;)

---

Still nothing from Magpul, neither a reply to my emails nor my sling which should have shipped on March, 17th. :rolleyes:

kmrtnsn
05-12-09, 21:43
Last week I received the two I ordered. One black for work, the other coyote for my build. I'm very happy with both. I wish I could put an ASAP on my duty rifle but that is an "unauthorized armory level modification" :( . I am putting one on my build though :)

shadco
05-26-09, 19:17
So would a daniel defense QD end plate with a vltor QD sling swivel work instead of an ASAP plate?

TheDarkOne
06-30-09, 15:47
Any word when the MS2 will be available again? My ASAP is lonely :(

Ga Shooter
06-30-09, 17:03
Any word when the MS2 will be available again? My ASAP is lonely :(

Travis answered that same question from me last week saying "soon"

TheDarkOne
06-30-09, 17:07
Travis answered that same question from me last week saying "soon"

Yeah, I figured there was not solid info. Do you know how we will be made aware of their arrival? Do they email people, or is this something that you need to be checking on every day. I would hate to have them sold out again by the time I find out.

Ga Shooter
06-30-09, 20:26
To my knowledge they will only be available on their website. Just check several times a day. I know a lot of people here are waiting so they might post here before they become available. Good Luck.

Dualspringfields
07-05-09, 10:07
DAMN IT!!!!!!!!! I want two of these. WAITING WAITING WAITING.

Ga Shooter
07-05-09, 13:40
Good things come to those who wait:D

Dualspringfields
07-05-09, 16:59
True.

shadco
07-07-09, 13:17
Hopefully they are reworking the clasp that hooks to the ring, or the front point in 2 point mode. It's pretty bleak, the finish isn't durable and it's pretty tight and limits how it can be attached to the front sling mount point.

TheDarkOne
07-07-09, 14:28
Hopefully they are reworking the clasp that hooks to the ring, or the front point in 2 point mode. It's pretty bleak, the finish isn't durable and it's pretty tight and limits how it can be attached to the front sling mount point.

Photos and/or more explanation please. I have heard nothing but good about this sling.

shadco
07-07-09, 15:00
Photos and/or more explanation please. I have heard nothing but good about this sling.

I'm out of town for a few days but I will get you some this weekend.

The paint chips off just by looking at it, and I'll get you pics of how it sets up on a CQD front sling attach point.

Spoon
07-27-09, 00:29
A lil duracoat will fix the paint. I need a FDE MS2 sling to complete my collection :D

Chase G.
07-30-09, 18:43
If any one is intrested the ASAP plate is in-stock now at http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-ASAP-Ambidextrous-Sling-Attachment-Point-p/mag500.htm, Chase:)

TheDarkOne
07-30-09, 18:46
If any one is intrested the ASAP plate is in-stock now at http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-ASAP-Ambidextrous-Sling-Attachment-Point-p/mag500.htm, Chase:)

You had me excited for a second there, thought the sling was in. The plate has been available for some time now.

RogerinTPA
07-30-09, 20:43
Gentlemen, Mr. Connor is sporting a Battery Assist Device on his weapon, a much coveted and highly sought after piece of gear. Query: how where and how much? :eek:

I played with Derek's BAD at a VTAC 1.5 course at southern exposure. It is definitely a great piece of kit. He got it from one of the Magpul guys. They aren't out yet, but they will be a much sought after commodity when and if, they get into production and in the market. I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be "vapor ware".

Ga Shooter
07-30-09, 22:30
If this means dealers will be getting the MS2 then I am emailing Grant right now for 2! I lucked up on 2 of the sand camo ones they had a couple of weeks ago but I really want black. When I get the black ones if someone wants the limited edition sand camo I will be selling them.

Iraq Ninja
07-31-09, 10:49

I don't see a problem with the finish.

I have been running one on my work carbine since they came out. It is the black version, and while some of the paint has rubbed off, I don't see it as an issue at all. In fact, it kinda helps me to locate the clasp in low light situations.

HMFIC
07-31-09, 11:35
When I get the black ones if someone wants the limited edition sand camo I will be selling them.

How much??

FiveStar
07-31-09, 11:38
Originally Posted by Ga Shooter:
"When I get the black ones if someone wants the limited edition sand camo I will be selling them."

I do!

Alex F
07-31-09, 15:12
The finish has worn on my magpul sling as well, but I didn't even notice till I read this thread.

It blends in better now with the beat to hell finish on the M4, I guess. As long as it works (and it does) I'm not stressed about it.

I'm probably going to order one of the MS2 plates just to try, though.

Chase G.
08-07-09, 19:14
In stock in black and FDE!!:):)

SeriousStudent
08-07-09, 19:49
Thanks for the heads up.

Ga Shooter
08-07-09, 22:48
Thanks got my order in!!! Now just the ACS

VTLO910
08-08-09, 06:40
YAY...! I just ordered my MS2 in FDE, and it did not cost me $125+...

Although I'm home sick all day, this makes me feel so much better... :D

brianc142
08-08-09, 11:28
I will be happy when the market gets flooded with these things so the price gouging jerks will stop buying them just to turn around and sell them to fellow shooters for a profit. Some guy tried that over at LF and got the boot lickety split.

Chase G.
08-12-09, 19:46
Has any one got there sling or have heard if they sent them out?

TheDarkOne
08-13-09, 17:37
Seriously, I just got the thread update email today at work. I didn't have my wallet, but figured what the heck, I will order one when I get home. Not only is it not listed as available, it is no longer on their site. Seriously guys, I am going to freak out, what the hell is going on?! :mad:

Outlander Systems
08-13-09, 20:48
What's the word on a Foliage Green MS2?

Ga Shooter
08-13-09, 22:22
Got my tracking number today. Mine shipped and I should get it next Wed.:D

Vash1023
08-14-09, 02:35
ordered my sling, hopefully get it before christmas!!!

Chase G.
08-18-09, 17:56
I got my MS2 sling today thanks magpul!:):):):D:D:D

meisterhau
08-18-09, 18:01
Mine showed up today as well.

... now my wife thinks she needs one... :rolleyes:

Can't argue with a wife who's so supportive of my "habits", though.

Lawdog537
08-18-09, 21:12
my tan one came today as well!!!!!!

shadco
08-18-09, 21:41
Mine too.

Zhurdan
11-17-09, 17:52
Anyone got a line on MS2's? I've checked Widners, Midway and the Magpul site, but there's either no stock, coming soon or no listing. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

TheDarkOne
11-17-09, 17:54
Anyone got a line on MS2's? I've checked Widners, Midway and the Magpul site, but there's either no stock, coming soon or no listing. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

I called them and they hooked me up. I think they are only taking phone orders, at least that was the case a few months ago. Give 'em a call and see whats up.

Zhurdan
11-17-09, 18:02
Tried that. They said they were shipping to retailers only at this time and gave me a list of retailers to try. Perhaps they're just between production runs or something. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

crhoades
11-17-09, 20:22
http://www.alliedarmory.com/ has them in stock. Bought mine from them. Great service.

Zhurdan
11-18-09, 09:54
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered and on the way. Much appreciated.

SMOKEEATERFF
11-19-09, 13:37
Bought the sling and ASAP the other day for a build I'm doing, it wouldn't work with the ACE stock I have. I liked the design though.

Venom
12-05-09, 17:27
hi guys;

I've recently received a darkearth MS2, and am pretty happy with its functionality. One thing kinda bothers me though;
I've used it on a 3day FTX last week, and even though I did not wear my rig plus weapon(and sling) all the time, the MS2 nylon material is showing fraying on it's side. I looked at my setup to see what could have caused that, and it might have been a minimal portion of a pouch on my left chest area. Now it is nothing "life threatening" as of yet, but I found it kinda odd that the sling material really frayed super easily. I will try to get pics up tomorrow, and now wanted to know if you guys made any similar experiences?

Thanks

Iraq Ninja
12-05-09, 18:20
hi guys;

I've recently received a darkearth MS2, and am pretty happy with its functionality. One thing kinda bothers me though;
I've used it on a 3day FTX last week, and even though I did not wear my rig plus weapon(and sling) all the time, the MS2 nylon material is showing fraying on it's side. I looked at my setup to see what could have caused that, and it might have been a minimal portion of a pouch on my left chest area. Now it is nothing "life threatening" as of yet, but I found it kinda odd that the sling material really frayed super easily. I will try to get pics up tomorrow, and now wanted to know if you guys made any similar experiences?

Thanks

I have been using a black one in the Sandbox since they came out. No wear at all, other than some of the paint wearing off as expected. I guess your FTXs are too rough :).