PDA

View Full Version : I thought you guys might enjoy these. Drunken X-raying.

QuietShootr
02-13-09, 22:45
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_003.jpg Mk18 with PMag loaded with XM193.

Strider stuck in my dome
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_001.jpg

SIG 556 Pistol with Aimpoint
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_003_001.jpg

More if you like 'em.

FR0GMAN
02-14-09, 01:30
Keep em coming.

neodecker
02-14-09, 01:38
Bring 'em on!

Gentoo
02-14-09, 03:52
Awesomeness.

Abraxas
02-14-09, 06:49
More!:D

QuietShootr
02-14-09, 07:36
Hang on, uploading now :D

OldNavyGuy
02-14-09, 07:41
Strider stuck in my dome

this one requires some explanation, how did a knife get into your "dome" ??

Nathan_Bell
02-14-09, 07:53
The Mk18 Pic is my favotire so far.

R1pper
02-14-09, 07:54

There is a bigger question here. How the hell did you get access to a x ray machine and how the hell were you able to take pics of your rifles like that!

-DM-

jc75754
02-14-09, 08:07
Alcohol, guns, poisonous radiation. This sounds like my days back at ASU before I became a teacher.

QuietShootr
02-14-09, 08:32
My 6920 - can you ID the accessories?
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_006.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_007.jpg

Another view of the SIG. The focus on some of these could be better...but I was having problems with MY focus as well:D

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_004.jpg

As you no doubt can see, the aluminum is much easier to see through than steel. That makes it kind of neat to see what's going on in the lower in profile.

More later...

QuietShootr
02-14-09, 08:36

Tequila. Lots and lots of tequila.

Actually, I just put it UNDER my head. I have some more to add later that I think you'll like.

QuietShootr
02-14-09, 08:38
There is a bigger question here. How the hell did you get access to a x ray machine and how the hell were you able to take pics of your rifles like that!

-DM-

I gotz mad skillz, yo. [/obama]

One of the things I figured out early on is that if you can't be super-cool yourself, you should at least hang out with super-cools. Sometimes it rubs off a little bit. :D

Nathan_Bell
02-14-09, 09:23
My 6920 - can you ID the accessories?
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/QS762/01_CR_NO_20090213_006.jpg

SNIP NVB

More later...

M3 w/ flip ups on a LT 150 mount
ARMs 40 R BUIS
Tango Down VFG w/ Switch pad
SF Scout light?
Not certain of the rail, I know its not a DD or an LT but beyond that...
MIAD with winter trigger guard inplace
USGI mag, standard follower
PRI latch on the CH

How close am I?
Hope it was good Tequila, bad tequila always made my whole body feel like I had drank everything through a used gym sock.

HAMMERDROP
02-14-09, 09:36
That might be a Troy Buis and a Knights RAS ? Extremely hairy back?
That was cool ... how did you get the Strider out ?

Thanks

Michael

CavReconScout
02-14-09, 10:21
Troy rear buis and a KAC RAS II, with SAS lower

SeriousStudent
02-14-09, 11:21
So now you have x-ray proof you have a good staking job! :D

LOL - looks like an interesting night!

g5m
02-14-09, 11:25
Nice images.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-14-09, 12:30
That's all nice, but houw about a slow motion movie of the action firing and cycling ;)

Glad to see the TSA money spent well.

m1A
02-14-09, 12:41
Very cool!!!!

QuietShootr
02-14-09, 13:27
M3 w/ flip ups on a LT 150 mount
ARMs 40 R BUIS
Tango Down VFG w/ Switch pad
SF Scout light?
Not certain of the rail, I know its not a DD or an LT but beyond that...
MIAD with winter trigger guard inplace
USGI mag, standard follower
PRI latch on the CH

How close am I?
Hope it was good Tequila, bad tequila always made my whole body feel like I had drank everything through a used gym sock.

All correct, but the BUIS. It's a Troy, and the rail is a KAC RAS II with SAS lower, as our esteemed colleague from the Cavalry said.

Roger on the used gym sock. I woke up this morning with an entire mariachi band tap-dancing on my forehead.

QuietShootr
02-14-09, 14:21
I was just thinking. Would guys pay for a really high-res poster size version of things like this?

TRD
02-14-09, 15:50
Someone's got connections!

Very cool. :cool:

CarlosDJackal
02-14-09, 23:15
That is just Uber Kewl!! Thanks for sharing.

OldNavyGuy
02-15-09, 08:43
Tequila. Lots and lots of tequila.

Actually, I just put it UNDER my head. I have some more to add later that I think you'll like.

whewww !! thank GOD !!, i thought that might be the case, but just needed confirmation.

the X-Rays are fantastic, would it be possible to do the same with a 1911, or a Colt Python ??

ToddG
02-15-09, 08:53
Operating under the assumption that the drunk guy wasn't handling those loaded guns ... <ahem>

I think you would, in fact, get quite a bit of interest for these if you got the focus sharper. SIG had a faux x-ray image they used in advertisements and marketing materials for years, and it was one of the coolest images I've ever seen in the industry. I used it as my computer background image for years:

see here (http://9x19mm.com/toddg/images/Classic-Xray.jpg)

QuietShootr
02-15-09, 09:12
Operating under the assumption that the drunk guy wasn't handling those loaded guns ... <ahem>

I think you would, in fact, get quite a bit of interest for these if you got the focus sharper. SIG had a faux x-ray image they used in advertisements and marketing materials for years, and it was one of the coolest images I've ever seen in the industry. I used it as my computer background image for years:

see here (http://9x19mm.com/toddg/images/Classic-Xray.jpg)

No, the drunk guy was handling the x-ray machine... wait, that's not much better, is it:confused:. I didn't even think about that, or I'd have left that part of the story out - but it adds something to it. There's just something hilarious about hatching an idea to x-ray some stuff, then actually getting in the truck and going and doing it at 2200 on a Saturday night:D. (ETA: we had a designated driver: my long-suffering wife, and two of our party are police, so we had adult supervision :-))

Hm. I'll see if I can find a way to print them well - and reshooting for better focus. The focus is a function of inexperience on my part.

We x-rayed some suppressors too, but in the interest of not being a dick, I won't post those. You can see more than you'd think, though, even with the steel-bodied cans.

Yes, I'd say you could do it with a 1911, but I don't know if you'd get the detail we're seeing here. I don't think the machine is powerful enough to penetrate that much steel. I'll try it, though. Actually, I have an alloy-frame 5" Springfield that would probably be ideal - I'll try it soon.

Ned Christiansen
02-15-09, 09:27
Post of the decade!

I think every gun should be X-rayed just to make sure there nothing dangerous in there, like a gun :-)

That 5.56 ammo will shoot through cinder block walls now!

QuietShootr
02-15-09, 10:04
That might be a Troy Buis and a Knights RAS ? Extremely hairy back?
That was cool ... how did you get the Strider out ?

Thanks

Michael

I just figured out what you were talking about - that's a sweatshirt- I think it might be the end of the drawstring over my shoulder. The outline around my head and neck is the hood.

RogerinTPA
02-15-09, 11:03
Great pics Quietshooter. My favorite is the old "knife in the head" pic.:cool: These remind me of an old girlfriend (MD) who was doing a ER rotation and the other Docs play jokes on her to evaluate an X-ray, which would be the letters C O K E on the side of a bottle, stuck in someones poop chute, or a barbie doll head, stuck in the same.:eek:

LawDog
02-15-09, 11:52
Since when are intoxicated cops adult supervision. :D

Sudden
02-15-09, 13:54
Not much chance this will be covered under Obama's new health plan is there?

R1pper
02-15-09, 16:13
How about a full lenght pic of that rifle the AP. That would look great in my work area.

[QUOTE=Ned Christiansen;310943]
I think every gun should be X-rayed just to make sure there nothing dangerous in there, like a gun :-)

QUOTE]

:D:DMay I use this as my Sig line?

-DM-

decodeddiesel
02-15-09, 19:58
Post of the decade!

That 5.56 ammo will shoot through cinder block walls now!

LOL, when I left Iraq to go home from tour #2 the Navy Customs guys insisted we x-ray our M4s before we could carry them onto the plane. :rolleyes: So I asked my X-ray operator guy, "See anything suspicious go through there? Like, I don't know, a GUN?!"

Cool stuff in this thread.

BigDozer66
02-17-09, 08:24
Very nice!:cool:

Thanks,
BigDozer66

Goober
02-17-09, 11:44
Here are some x-rays of 16 silencers rsilvers did a while ago over at silencertalk. Thought you guys might like it.

-Goober

QuietShootr
02-17-09, 17:46
We x-rayed some suppressors too, but in the interest of not being a dick, I won't post those.

Here are some x-rays of 16 silencers rsilvers did

Must....resist.....must...

Sudden
02-17-09, 19:16
Here are some x-rays of 16 silencers rsilvers did a while ago over at silencertalk. Thought you guys might like it.

-Goober

Now THAT's interesting!

Goober
02-18-09, 02:25
Yeah I thought it was pretty cool too. Only sad thing is that this is from several years ago so a lot of the baffles are different in the newer models. Still it is a sweet pic. Now if only there was someone with access to suppressors and an x-ray machine here that could take more recent pictures..... hmmm where ever could we find someone like that? QuietShootr do you know anyone? Perhaps that person could drunkenly post some of said pictures.... ;) or if they would send them to me I swear I would never post them.... just leak them a little bit :)

-Goober

achildofthesky
02-18-09, 19:34
The knife shot takes me back to the x ray pix in the ER of various medical misadventures of the folks we flew here in the midwest... Pretty weird $#!%...

Goober
02-24-09, 15:28
No kiddin. My mom has worked in Er's for the past 28 years and she has some crazy stories. She one time had to take care of a guy who was following a log truck when one of the logs broke free and impaled the guy. The responding rescuers had to cut him free with a chainsaw and bring him in with the log still going through his chest. He lived but not well.

-Goober

Ps. One more. This other guy got bit by a copperhead and decided that the hospital would need to identify the snake to administer the proper anti-venom so he captured it and brought it into the ER live in a jar. The funny thing is that on his way to the hospital it got out and bit him three more times lol. Why he didn't think the doc's couldn't identify a dead snake as well as they can a live one is beyond me but that is Georgia for you :rolleyes:.

Ned Christiansen
02-26-09, 22:37
[QUOTE=Ned Christiansen;310943]

QUOTE]

:D:DMay I use this as my Sig line?

-DM-

Heck, why not? I see I misspelled "there's" though.