PDA

View Full Version : Live Free or Die

Canonshooter
02-14-09, 05:29
Not sure if this has already been posted, but this is news worth reading. Even if it has no real teeth, at the least it makes a strong statement on the perils of further 2A infringement by the feds.

HCR 6 – A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles. (http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2009/HCR0006.html)

Excerpt from HCR6:

That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government; and

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.

OldNavyGuy
02-14-09, 07:22
does anyone here think the anti-gun liberfools are going to care about the history of the Second Amendment ? even if we were restricted to muzzle loaders, bows & arrows or even a slingshot they would still try to disarm us, they see no distinction between us honest patriots and some gun toting rapist and convenience store robber.

here is what the liberfools say: "guns are evil no matter whose hands they are in."

how do we stop them ? very good question, but for the past 50 years that i am aware of the anti-gunners have instituted and backed more anti-gun legislation against guns than what we have laws in favor of guns.., what is the latest count on anti-gun laws ? including town, city, county, state and federal ?

to the best of my knowledge there are NO laws favoring guns.., anyone know of any ?

OldNavyGuy
02-14-09, 07:37
dupe !

Canonshooter
02-14-09, 07:59
does anyone here think the anti-gun liberfools are going to care about the history of the Second Amendment ?

They should not be the subject of our efforts, rather the average non-gun-owning person who is generally ignorant of this important history. Once the anti's hyperbole is countered with dispassionate fact and reason, the average person - even if somewhat "anti-gun" - moderates their position.

IMO, our largest challenge is to educate how the 2A is part of a system of checks and balances as envisioned by the Founding Fathers, and how arms suitable for individual or collective defense are explicity covered by the 2A. The notion that only "sporting purpose" arms (like Joe Biden's Beretta shotgun) are the only arms covered must be revealed for what it is - a blatant misinterpretation/misrepresentation of the origins and meaning of the 2A.

The liberal media has done a great job with its anti-2A propaganda - it's up to us to set the record straight.

to the best of my knowledge there are NO laws favoring guns.., anyone know of any ?

Here's one (http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm).

OldNavyGuy
02-14-09, 09:00
my friend, it is NOT a law....., just a book that SHOULD be law !

oooooh BTW, what kind of cannon do you shoot ?

here is a photo of an original Keelboat gun, my reproduction gun is very similar to this one:
http://www.lewis-clark.org/media/NewImages/Importing/MILITARYPROFILE/SURVIVAL/wea_swivel-cannon.jpg

the tang on mine curves downward, like a pistol grip.

Canonshooter
02-14-09, 11:07
my friend, it is NOT a law....., just a book that SHOULD be law !

Click the "here's one" link in my post above:

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

In 1982, the Kennesaw City Council unanimously passed a law requiring heads of households to own at least one firearm with ammunition.

The ordinance states the gun law is needed to "protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants."

oooooh BTW, what kind of cannon do you shoot ?

Mostly the new Canon 50D (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/nitem/IC=CAE50D&BI=1350&KBID=1794) (notice I only have one "n" in Canonshooter). I don't consider any of my firearms cannons.

30 cal slut
02-14-09, 19:28
I appreciate the sentiment, but all the massholes who've infected the state south of chestmanster won't go along with this.

And there are even pockets near the North Country where this would be poo-poo'd.

-slut

(former denizen of Hangover, NH and frequent customer of Welch's Gun Shop, West Lebanon, ex-member of Grafton County Fish & Game range).

Canonshooter
02-15-09, 05:50
I appreciate the sentiment, but all the massholes who've infected the state south of chestmanster won't go along with this.

We can only hope that these people, whose employment fortunes in The Commonwealth may be in peril, retreat south of the border in search of greater relief.

beaker
02-16-09, 21:59

FYI: Windham was one of the most Republican towns in the last election: 59%. Here are some others (town/votes/% Republican):

Millsfield (14) 64.3%
Ipswich (2516) 63.5%
Windham (7824) 59.4%
Bedford (12557) 59.3%
Auburn (3134) 59.1%
Alton (3184) 58.5%
Hampstead (5145) 58.0%
Candia (2515) 57.7%
Atkinson (4377) 57.7%

As usual, you can thank Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Hampton, Keene, and Portsmouth for the Obama win in NH.