PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to find Remington list prices?

Left Sig
02-14-09, 18:28
I have been looking at shotguns and with any firearm purchase I like to know what the list price is so I know if the dealer is getting me a good deal or not.

However I can't find any list price information for the Remington shotguns I have been looking at. There's nothing on the Remington website, and internet searches haven't been very productive.

Today I saw an 18" Remington 870 Police Magnum with ghost ring sights, synthetic stock, and no mag tube extension with a price of $899 which seemed high. The sales guy said the list price was $925 or something like that. I didn't believe him - I've seen the same shotgun with bead sights for under $600.

At another store I saw an 18" Remington 870 Tactical with bead sights, full length mag extension, and a Knoxx Spec-Ops stock for $649. That also seemed high as the Tactical is based on the Express. However, it did have a drilled and tapped receiver which was nice, as the Police models I have seen do not have this.

Left Sig
02-15-09, 11:08
OK, I'm a dumbass. I found the price list on the Remington website, and the special section for tactical shotguns.

It looks like the list price on the 870 Tactical with the Knoxx Spec-Ops stock is $692 so the store's price isn't highway robbery but it's not a great deal either.

Still haven't found list pricing on the Police Magnum line, though.

SeriousStudent
02-15-09, 11:57
There may be a couple of folks here on the board that could help you. Chad at e-guns.com and Grant at G&R Tactical are both Remington dealers, I think. Both of them are helpful folks, and support this place.

You might shoot them an email if you want to buy something. They can ship it to your local FFL. I hardly buy anything from the local misinformed robbers around here anymore.

Best of luck to you, and enjoy your new shotty when you get it. The 870 Police line are terrific shotguns, especially as a used trade-in.