PDA

View Full Version : Glock Model-26 and Federals Tactical HST 147gr H/P

PA PATRIOT
02-14-09, 23:31
I checked the search function with negative results, has there been any tests with a Glock Model-26 and Federals Tactical HST 147gr H.P loading? If so how did it fare and if possible a link please to the posted data.

Thank You

DocGKR
02-15-09, 00:33
They work fine and in fact are what we shoot in ours...we do most of the testing in a 4" barrel, there is essentially no difference in terminal performance when going to the 3.5" barrel in the G26.

PA PATRIOT
02-15-09, 13:24
Sweet!

I have been running some aged Winchester Ranger 127+P+ H/P out of my 9mm Glocks and the supply has been shot out. It appears the Federal Tactical HST 147gr H/P is less expensive and more available then the Ranger and offers less blast and muzzle flip for quicker follow ups. I'LL be using the tax refund to buy a couple thousands rounds for future use. DocGKR have you seen any advantage over using one over the other barrier wise?

Marcus L.
02-15-09, 13:41
We just switched over from Ranger 127gr+P+ and Golden Saber 124gr+P to the Fed HST 147gr as well. Definately an easier load to shoot, and it isn't quite as noisy to the shooter. We have a problem with wild hogs and coyotes out here and try to efficienty(kill) remove them from the area. I was sitting in my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago monitoring a road and had a coyote trot up behind me in my rear view mirror. I waited for him to come around and lucky for me I didn't have to move around too much to get a good flank shot on him with the 147gr HST. He stumbled after the hit, ran a couple of strides and fell over. I was a very good hit that went through one lung and the heart. I don't think the 127gr+P+ would have done any better.