PDA

View Full Version : Converted another AR hater

Littlelebowski
02-15-09, 17:31
Mad Ogre eats some crow courtesy of Charles Daly (http://www.madogre.com/PowerHouse/CDDM4LE.htm). BTW, I'm "Bax."

BAC
02-15-09, 17:52
Nicely done. What kind of ammo did he use, if you know?

-B

carbinero
02-15-09, 18:56
Excellent. Hopefully it helps undo the "I hate the AR" impact on his numerous readers.

And thumbs-up to CD. I know cosmetics are merely (um) cosmetic, but I bought one for $130 last week, and recommended a friend do the same. The finish is like black silk, and the only thing off to my naked eye is some rough edges on the center seam, within the trigger guard. Don't think my finger will notice.

Stickman
02-15-09, 19:03
Mad Ogre eats some crow courtesy of Charles Daly (http://www.madogre.com/PowerHouse/CDDM4LE.htm). BTW, I'm "Bax."

The CD LE AR15 has caught a lot of people off guard, its not what they expect from the Charles Daly name.

g5m
02-15-09, 20:01
Nicely done.

Littlelebowski
02-15-09, 20:06
Excellent. Hopefully it helps undo the "I hate the AR" impact on his numerous readers.

It's tough arguing the AR on his forum. Sure get tired of hearing "it's so hard to clean" and "once I had this Bushmaster, blah blah blah." I've already challenged a few people to shootoffs, their...whatever versus my ARs.

QuietShootr
02-15-09, 20:08
I hate to say it, but they really pumped out some crap handguns over the last few years - it's just hard for me to WANT something that says Charles Daly on it.

Ed L.
02-15-09, 20:16
Good job, Bax,

From reading mad Ogre's post, with statements like this:

"When the rifle came, I was expecting it to be at the Bushmaster/Armalite level, meaning typically Milspec and rough.

Milspec and rough? I don't know where to begin with that one. I suppose AKs come pristine. Also, Bushmaster/Armalite are less than milspec.

also:

"I did have one failure with the rifle, and I'm going to take that on the chin and admit it was Operator Error. I didn't have the magazine seated properly, so when the weapon fired the first round, the magazine fell so it couldn't feed the next one."

Why mention this at all since it was clearly an operator error reflecting on the users skills rather than the gun.

Jay Cunningham
02-15-09, 20:20
It's tough arguing the AR on his forum. Sure get tired of hearing "it's so hard to clean" and "once I had this Bushmaster, blah blah blah." I've already challenged a few people to shootoffs, their...whatever versus my ARs.

Which always strikes me as amusing, since you can basically not clean it at all as long as you keep it lubed.

Stickman
02-15-09, 21:56
I hate to say it, but they really pumped out some crap handguns over the last few years - it's just hard for me to WANT something that says Charles Daly on it.

The difference is that they have imported those weapons, the ARs they are building themselves.

skyugo
02-15-09, 22:04

hard to clean?
you mean you have to clean em?

i'm a wipe it down and lube it guy myself. :o

flyboy1788
02-15-09, 23:54
Never thought id see the day. If this guy can be converted to the dark side, anyone can succumb to it:D

HES
02-16-09, 00:51
Good work on getting another convert and kudos to CDD for their willingness to help out.