PDA

View Full Version : New CZ pistol: CZ P-07 Duty

variablebinary
02-15-09, 22:18
I like what I am seeing. CZ makes good stuff. 16 rounds is nice as well for CCW

The CZ P-07 Duty is the next generation of the CZ handgun family. The Duty features the ergonomics and accuracy of the CZ 75 with a totally new trigger system. The new Omega trigger system simplifies the CZ 75 trigger system, uses fewer parts and improves the trigger pull. In addition, it allows users to choose between using the handgun with a decocking lever(installed) or a manual safety (included) by a simple parts change. The polymer frame design of the Duty and a new sleek slide profile (fully machined from bar stock) reduce weight, making the P-07 Duty a great choice for concealed carry.

Weight 1.7 lbs
Overall Length 7.3 in
Barrel Length 3.7 in
Height 5.1 in
Width 1.5 in

http://www.cz-usa.com/data/productimg/main104.png

IrishDevil
02-15-09, 22:37
I'm really looking forward to this pistol. I'm a CZ fan and like the fact that it comes with decocker and thumb safety. It seems like it has the makings of a winner.

HARDONEM
02-16-09, 12:52
Very different approach in design theory. I like the self modification factor. :)

maximus83
02-16-09, 14:12
I am definitely interested in these, and like the modification aspect as well. It's funny, I have yet to like ANY polymer pistol that CZ has put out. It just hasn't been their strong suit; they are known for their large, all-steel pistols. But maybe this one will be their breakthrough release. Since most users I have known tend to prefer one approach or the other (safety versus decocker), it makes sense to have that aspect be user-configurable.

Here's the big question, IMHO: does the fact they made it "user-configurable" affect the durability, or reliable functioning, of the part? I guess it remains to be seen.

HK45
02-16-09, 20:57
That is one ugly pistol...

ToddG
02-16-09, 23:33
That is one ugly pistol...

Only a fool would choose a gun based on its appearance.

But rejecting one based on ugliness is absolutely acceptable. Because that is one ugly pistol ...

HK45
02-16-09, 23:45
Even though I am somewhat joking the polymer CZ's have pretty much left me cold. Seems like they are making polymer pistols because everyone else is. A more ergonomic shape would be nice not to mention a rounded trigger guard. One of my favorite 9mm's of all time is the P-01 with an Angus H. trigger job and I don't see any reason why I would want this instead.

maximus83
02-17-09, 12:11
Because that is one ugly pistol ...

Yep. Just like most other all-black, plastic pistols I have owned or tried. They are not pieces of art, but if they turn out to be good shooters, I will be interested in them as a mid-sized, higher-cap alternative to stuff that's in the same market space as the Glock 19 (whose ergonomics and handling of recoil I have never been able to get myself to like).

BTW: The major challenge with EVERY CZ I have tried to carry at one time or another has been their WIDTH: they usually end up being at least 1.5" wide and quite bulky when all is said and done, similar to the modern FN pistols. Looks like this one is no different in that respect. I think these may indeed have potential as DUTY pistols, but they may not be easy to conceal.

markm
02-17-09, 12:19
Needs a bigger trigger guard! :eek:

variablebinary
02-17-09, 12:24
I've never fired a plastic CZ. Anyone able to comment on how they handle compared to their steel guns.

I had a P0-1 awhile back, and it was a great little shooter.

maximus83
02-17-09, 12:25
Needs a bigger trigger guard! :eek:

:)

Heh, it IS kind of a monstrosity, isn't it?

maximus83
02-17-09, 12:28
I've never fired a plastic CZ. Anyone able to comment on how they handle compared to their steel guns.

I had a P0-1 awhile back, and it was a great little shooter.

Their past efforts into plastic pistols have not inspired confidence, and I have avoided them for that reason.

They have one recent model (besides the forthcoming P-07), which is an attempt to improve their plastic offerings: the SP-01 Phantom. The jury is still out on them, though, cannot give much feedback. You could try the CZ forums for feedback on the Phantom.

dirksterg30
02-17-09, 12:41
Even though I am somewhat joking the polymer CZ's have pretty much left me cold. Seems like they are making polymer pistols because everyone else is. A more ergonomic shape would be nice not to mention a rounded trigger guard. One of my favorite 9mm's of all time is the P-01 with an Angus H. trigger job and I don't see any reason why I would want this instead.

I really like the ergonomics of my P-01, but DA/SA triggers have fallen out of favor with me. I much prefer DAO triggers like my M&P 9/9c. If CZ had gone that route, I might be interested (let's forget about the CZ-100), but I'm not going to buy a polymer-framed pistol just because it's polymer, or just because it is made by CZ.

RD62
02-17-09, 14:51
I like the looks of it, except as others have mentioned the trigger guard.

It looks like an afterthought.

Like they were sitting around and realized, "Oh crap we forgot to design the trigger guard!" and someone suggested that they let that new guy they just hired from CAA do it. "How bad could he mess it up, it's just a trigger guard!"....

-RD62

variablebinary
02-17-09, 15:43
I dont think the trigger guard looks anymore wonky than the USP, or P250

The triangular taper to the slide is funky though...

JonInWA
02-17-09, 17:35
Hmmm...kinda looks like a combination of a Beretta 90-Two, SIG P225 and Vektor (the one based on the Beretta 92)....

A face only a mother (or a CZ afficianado) could love...

Best, Jon