PDA

View Full Version : New guy

13F3OL7
02-16-09, 01:19
Thought I would start this thread as a way to introduce myself.

First off my name is Aaron and I'm the proud husband of a beautiful woman and the father of the two little boys in my avatar. They mean the world to me and when I'm not at work, I like to spend time with them and try to be the best man that I can be.

I've had an interest in firearms from the time that I was a young boy. About 9 years old or so when I first shot my dad's Ruger 9mm. From that point on I was hooked. I've since been able to enjoy having my own handguns and have even been able to build one for my dad. I hope to be able to pass on my interest in firearms to my sons as they grow older and become men.

From about the same time that I got hooked on handguns I had an interest in the military. Probably because both of my parents were in the Air Force, which is actually how they met. My interest came to fruition when I finally took my oath of enlistment in the Army almost 9 years ago to this day, 22 FEB 2000. Much to my wife's dismay I hope to be able to pass on the tradition of service in the armed forces to my sons.

Anyway, I came here hoping to learn more about the M4 and firearms in general.

Later.

sandman99and9
02-16-09, 18:54
Welcome to the site. ask questions as there are lots of people with many different backgrounds here.

HOOOOAAAAH !!

SloaneRanger
02-16-09, 19:07
Welcome to the site. You evidently are a man of honour and we are glad to have you among us.

Marcus L.
02-16-09, 19:12
Welcome. What do you want to know about the M4? If you are interested in purchasing an M4, we can give you good advice on what would serve you best depending on your needs and budget.

13F3OL7
02-17-09, 00:22
I want to learn to learn whatever there is to know about the M4. I know some basic stuff from being in the Army, but would like to know more.

lalakai
02-17-09, 09:58
Hi and welcome; always good to get new faces.

as for info on the M4.......lol......like fish in the ocean. first word of advice: take your time. there is a ton of info here, and the bulk of it from actual shooting experience or from reps that will build your platforms. Look around and compare the different styles you will hear about, the pros and cons of the different platforms, and the cost-benefit ratio. Second word of advice: the dreaded addiction that comes from pursuing this past-time has been known to negatively impact marital relations; hopefully your spouse also loves them.

good luck and hope to be hearing more from you.