PDA

View Full Version : AR15pro.com

gunadict
02-16-09, 08:45
Has anyone dealt with this company. It is affiliated with thegunsource.com. I have not had dealings with either. I was thinking of buying an AR from them.

ByteEnable
10-23-10, 04:37
The owner of thegunsource is TGSCOM. The company runs about twenty websites that are very similiar. The websites have different graphics and stuff but the core database is this same. In fact, when you order from any one of those sites you are directed to tgscom.com.

To find out just how bad this vendor is just use this google term: "tgscom scam". You will get 299 hits with other forums showing up.

I discovered this past Monday that they are fraudsters. I was looking for the leatherman mut 850022 and they had it in stock. The next evening I was wondering why I didn't recieve any shipping email. I checked my status online and it was still processing. So I called and they said that they were pulling it from their warehouse and it will take a few days to pull from the warehouse. Riiiggghhhtttt. It's been six days now and they are still "pulling it from the warehouse".

This is what I found out from other online information. They basically say every item is in stock. When you order, they turn around and order to themselves, unless its a drop shippable item, then its shipped directly to you. They say everything is in stock and at their warehouse so they can charge you a cancellation fee once you discover that they are just scammers.

DaBears_85
10-23-10, 05:22
From perusing the various threads a search on Google produced, it seems the "reviews" are split down the middle. Some people praise them, others call a pox upon their name, and then there's everything else in-between. So it would appear that your chances of dealing with them, and it resulting in a positive outcome, are gonna be 50/50. Now I've always been a gambling man, but I don't like those odds. Especially not when there's a host of reputable vendors out there with a proven track record to do business with. Just my $.02.

ETA: I just noticed that this thread was brought back from well over a year ago?

ursus.peracto
10-23-10, 09:02
Not to jump on any particular bandwagons but the company I placed 2 orders with recently and received my stuff within 2 days shocked me. Everything that has been said so far about this particular company is true. I actually ordered some goodies on an early Monday morning from them, and the very next afternoon they were delivered. I got exactly what I ordered and much faster than I could have imagined without any "insane" extra shipping costs. They make good stuff judging from what I purchased. I'll be shooting with these "goodies" in about 2 hours from now at the range.

The company was called http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

I'm also going to give http://www.gandrtactical.com/ a try too because of the good things that I have read.

Ride5C2
10-23-10, 12:51
RUN.

Anything related to TGS is brutal. Regardless of any item showing as available or in stock either online or OTP, they do not carry the inventory, once you pay, then they source.

I purchased a handgun from them. . . 4 months later I got it (for a confirmed 'in stock' item a year before the Obama scare. The story in between is lengthy. As a previous poster mentioned, google the stories.

Stick with the tried and true in my opinion: there are many, a few of the ones I like from experience:
- Spikes
- MidwayUSA
- G&R Tactical
- Global Tactical (Denny's)
- Brownells
- Addax
- Daniel Defense
- Bravo Company USA
- American Spirit Arms

I'm sure there are others I've missed, but I've had good luck with all of the above in no particular order.