PDA

View Full Version : Territorial Lowers

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 13:01
Not a lot of people know about these lowers and thought I would post a mini review. This company is the orig. manufacturer of the Defensive Edge lowers (FYI).

The lowers are 7075-T6 and and level 3 hard anodized. The magwells are broach cut (per the mil-standard) and the front of the magwell has a diamond cut pattern. There is a take up screw under the pistol grip to adjust the pre-travel of the trigger. The buffer tube threads are reamed and bored based on the top of the receiver ensuring proper alignment of the buffer tube to within one - ten thousandth of an inch.

The caliber is Multi and the lowers feature pictograms for the safe/fire positions.

My personal opinion is that these are on of the best forged lowers I have seen (to date).

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Territorial/Lower_Side.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Territorial/Close-Up.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Territorial/Front_Checkering.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Territorial/Close_Up_Rear.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Territorial/Bottom_Lower.jpg

eflatlander
02-16-09, 13:04
Grant are you going to stock these?::

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 13:06
Grant are you going to stock these?::

Yes (over 100 of them). We can also do consecutive serial numbers if you like!

C4

eflatlander
02-16-09, 13:10
Price? If this is not the proper place, PM me.
Thanks

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 13:11
Price? If this is not the proper place, PM me.
Thanks

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-TGUN

C4

eflatlander
02-16-09, 13:21
Thanks!! Grant I got one ordered.

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 13:24
Thanks!! Grant I got one ordered.

Thanks much! Please have your FFL fax us their license.

C4

eflatlander
02-16-09, 13:27
You should have one on file? I have an order pending for an other lower and 2 LPK,s.

Heavy Metal
02-16-09, 13:28
Yoink!

Two more gone!

:D

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 14:41
Yoink!

Two more gone!

:D

What consecutive serial numbers?

C4

DRich
02-16-09, 16:18
These look almost identical to the Six Sigma lowers. Same trigger adjustment screw, same checkered magwell, same selector markings and same reference to the buffer tube threading alignment. Both located in Minnesota, too. Think the same company is putting them out?

http://sixsigmaarms.com/products.php

Heavy Metal
02-16-09, 16:20
What consecutive serial numbers?

C4

Why not?;)

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 16:22
These look almost identical to the Six Sigma lowers. Same trigger adjustment screw, same checkered magwell, same selector markings and same reference to the buffer tube threading alignment. Both located in Minnesota, too. Think the same company is putting them out?

Same company.

C4

DRich
02-16-09, 16:30
Same company.

C4
Good to know. At least Territorial used a better logo. :)

What's your opinion on the trigger adjustment screw? Seem like the answer to a question no one asked, IMHO. Can you simply remove the screw or just locktite it in place to keep it from moving around over time?

Magsz
02-16-09, 16:32
Grant,

Forgive my ignorance but what does the trigger travel takeup screw do and how does it work?

Thanks!

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 16:32
Good to know. At least Territorial used a better logo. :)

What's your opinion on the trigger adjustment screw? Seem like the answer to a question no one asked, IMHO. Can you simply remove the screw or just locktite it in place to keep it from moving around over time?

You do not have to use the Screw. If running a USGI trigger, the screw can give you a better pull.

C4

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 16:35
Grant,

Forgive my ignorance but what does the trigger travel takeup screw do and how does it work?

Thanks!

It allows you to adjust pre-travel to your liking.

C4

Rider79
02-16-09, 17:59
Order placed. I'll have my FFL send you a fax by tomorrow.

bluepythons
02-16-09, 19:32

Actually Randy, the owner of Territorial Gunsmiths, makes them for Sigma 6. While they are not the same company, they are the same manufactured lower with different markings. I guess I prefer to buy straight from the horse's mouth so to speak, and at a better price. I think Sigma 6 wants 20 more bucks a pop. I have known Randy for a while and have several of his lowers and have had him work on several of my other and department rifles/guns. All he does is top shelf work, his lowers are to the same standard. If you get one of these lowers you will not be sorry. My current build is a pre-production Territorial lower with a Noveske N4 upper, just waiting for the upper. Randy used to produce these for Defensive Edge SLR15 as well but I think Sully is doing his own stuff now. Randy's lowers used to be labeled with the "CY6" SLR Defensive Edge logo but are now his own.

Dave

Mark71
02-16-09, 22:07
That is a very nice looking lower. Thanks for the write up and pics.

1911pilot
02-20-09, 01:31
I got a pair in November, One of them was the 2nd amendment edition ones. I just completed one of them after I got my BCM upper from Grant. Still waiting for him to get more LPK's to finish the other, its actually one of the CY6 lowers. I'm glad to see that he is making more, I really like the new engraving as well.

When I talked to Randy on the phone he said that he'd planned on getting out after the 2nd amendment edition was sold out but he was blown away by the post election insanity. He mentioned that he'd had a distributor call him that day offering to "pay any price" for every lower he had in stock.

I really liked that Randy wasn't raising his prices to make the most of it like everyone else. He's a great guy.

C4IGrant
02-20-09, 08:39
I got a pair in November, One of them was the 2nd amendment edition ones. I just completed one of them after I got my BCM upper from Grant. Still waiting for him to get more LPK's to finish the other, its actually one of the CY6 lowers. I'm glad to see that he is making more, I really like the new engraving as well.

When I talked to Randy on the phone he said that he'd planned on getting out after the 2nd amendment edition was sold out but he was blown away by the post election insanity. He mentioned that he'd had a distributor call him that day offering to "pay any price" for every lower he had in stock.

I really liked that Randy wasn't raising his prices to make the most of it like everyone else. He's a great guy.

Randy is a good guy and easy to deal with.

C4

Rider79
04-22-09, 08:36
Anyone have any experience with Pmags in these? Just got mine put together, and my windowed Pmags will not drop free, loaded or unloaded. They're not hard to get out, you just have to pull. On the other hand, I cannot even get an unloaded M revision Pmag into the magwell. My other lowers are RRA, DPMS, LMT, Doublestar, and LAR, and I haven't had this issue with any of my other ones. Is there anyway to correct this, or do I have to live with it?

C4IGrant
04-22-09, 08:41
Anyone have any experience with Pmags in these? Just got mine put together, and my windowed Pmags will not drop free, loaded or unloaded. They're not hard to get out, you just have to pull. On the other hand, I cannot even get an unloaded M revision Pmag into the magwell. My other lowers are RRA, DPMS, LMT, Doublestar, and LAR, and I haven't had this issue with any of my other ones. Is there anyway to correct this, or do I have to live with it?

PMAG's tend to be on the large side of the acceptable mag spec. The advice that Magpul commonly gives to people to lightly sand a couple of contact points on the magazine.

C4

Rider79
04-22-09, 08:43
PMAG's tend to be on the large side of the acceptable mag spec. The advice that Magpul commonly gives to people to lightly sand a couple of contact points on the magazine.

C4

What do you suggest doing to find the best contact points to sand? And will this cause any problems with my other lowers related to the Pmags working in them?

C4IGrant
04-22-09, 08:49
What do you suggest doing to find the best contact points to sand? And will this cause any problems with my other lowers related to the Pmags working in them?

I think Magpul has something in their forum about it. I personally would just look for rub/wear marks on the mag and go from there.

You are not really removing much material so don't worry about it.

C4

OldNavyGuy
04-22-09, 09:18
At Six Sigma Arms we strive for perfection starting with the most critical component, the lower receiver.

don't they all claim this ? i have a hard time with the pricing of a lower when it goes above $125.00 :rolleyes:

Rider79
04-22-09, 09:27
don't they all claim this ? i have a hard time with the pricing of a lower when it goes above $125.00 :rolleyes:

I never said there was anything wrong with the lower, I was just surprised I was having trouble with the Pmags. The finish is beautiful, and its a good, solid, quality lower. I have no problem with the price I paid for it.

OldNavyGuy
07-01-09, 09:33
yupp !! that looks similar to the one i have.., except where the set screw is inserted seems where the grip screw threads into and the rear threaded hole is where the set screw goes, i also have another stripped lower with an indent where it could be drilled out and threaded.., which i will never attempt to do.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Territorial/Bottom_Lower.jpg

would it be possible to get a better photo of that area where the set screw and P. grip are ?

thank you sir !

Bowser
10-02-09, 23:16
I know this is an old thread but to those considering buying a Territorial or a 6 Sigma lower, I have some news that might help you out. At the store we carried a lot of the Territorial lowers and had a batch that had to be sent back because the front take down pin tabs were not machined aligned correctly thus not letting the magazine seat properly when the upper is assembled on it. The same apparently is true the 6 sigma's because a customer brought in one of the lowers he bought directly from them and it had the same issue. His lowers are nice and Territorial did replace the lowers just before he closed up shop.