PDA

View Full Version : Gun show prices

white spaniard
02-16-09, 14:27
Well I haven't been to a gun show in about 6 months, but a friend of mine wanted to go with him he needed a mag for a newly acquired pistol Star 9MM. I see prices are very outrageous someone had an AR-10 for 5K and I saw a few Colt’s 6920’s from 1,800 up to 2,100 hand guns HK45 same thing 1,500. When will all the panic buying stop? Have we hit the plateau? Will prices begin to fall in a couple a months?

C4IGrant
02-16-09, 14:48
Well I haven't been to a gun show in about 6 months, but a friend of mine wanted to go with him he needed a mag for a newly acquired pistol Star 9MM. I see prices are very outrageous someone had an AR-10 for 5K and I saw a few Colt’s 6920’s from 1,800 up to 2,100 hand guns HK45 same thing 1,500. When will all the panic buying stop? Have we hit the plateau? Will prices begin to fall in a couple a months?

Gun shows are horrible places for good deals. With that said, $1,700-$2k for a 6920 is the going rate (even on the net).

C4

Magsz
02-16-09, 20:54
I saw a couple NIB bushmasters trying to be pawned off for 2200.

I almost threw up lol.

Whats REALLY funny is that when that same dealer asked me how much i was selling my MRP CQB upper for, he started talking in spanish to one of his colleagues next to him insulting me several times and scoffing at my asking price.

Was seriously funny since my buddy next to me speaks fluent spanish and told me everything.

I merely pointed at the bushmaster and laughed at them.

warpigM-4
02-16-09, 21:46
it is really sad that the days of finding good deals at your local gun show are gone.I can't pay the 7 bucks to go in and see the prices they are trying to get now.

Iraq Ninja
02-17-09, 00:49
The best deals are from the show visitors, not the dealers. Hang out at the front door with a wad a cash and see what deals you can get. I will never forget the time I saw an elderly lady carrying/dragging in a Barrett .50 to sell. She never got in the show, having sold it within minutes of arriving.

R/Tdrvr
02-17-09, 06:08
Just went to a show here over the weekend and it was the same way. Saw one dealer trying to sell his "custom" guns with fake Aimpoints and Trijicons as a package deal for $1800. But like the OP said, there were AKs and ARs priced anywhere from $1300 to $2500.

On the other hand, I picked up a couple of windowed PMAGS for $17 each and a couple of USGI mags for $12.50 each. Not too bad I think for a gun show. Of course some dealers were selling beat up 20 round AR mags for $35 and used 30 rounders for $45. :eek:

BigDozer66
02-17-09, 08:17
We Texans have it better than some places that I hear about.:)

If we go to a show in Dallas-Ft. Worth or one in Houston there will be a handful of "great" dealers with normal prices (Bushmater AR's for $899.00) on everything.:D
There will be a few "good" dealers that will be a little bit higher (BM AR's $999.00) than the great dealers.:)

Then you have the other 90% (give or take a few % points!) that are at every show (Olympic/Vulcan etc. AR's for $1299.00) and I very seldom see them sell anything.:rolleyes:

We always wonder why they even waste their time to show up.:confused:

We always go in and hit the great dealers first and then start the "grazing" time.

I haven't been to a gun show in a couple years but I hear the same stories about them so I know they haven't changed.

Most of the great and good dealers have lines now that are 1-3 hour wait times to buy. Most of them shut down their tables at 2-3 PM to finish all the paperwork.

BigDozer66

markm
02-17-09, 09:57
Well I haven't been to a gun show in about 6 months

I haven't been to a gun show in over 6 years. :)

thetallengineer
02-17-09, 12:16
For a while at the gun show in San Antonio there would be one dealer with a pretty large selection of handguns and semi-auto rifles at pretty competetive prices. Everyone else was pretty high and there was one dealer that always had a good price on Black Hills blue box ammo. The only reason I find myself at gunshows is if I need to walk the aisles and sell a gun, help someone that is trying to find which gun ergonomically works for them (although I usually suggest we buy somewhere else), or to get more BH ammo.

I see the prices on PMags for online classifieds starting to drop as magpul catches up with their orders but it might take a little bit longer for gun prices to drop. From an economics standpoint, it certainly is interesting to watch especially given the current perception (climate) of the economy in general.

civilian
02-17-09, 12:28
I haven't seen any really good deals at gun shows and for the most part have lost interest in them. I do try and get to the big show here in Chantilly, but rarely do I walk out with something that I would consider a deal. Highlights of the gun show this weekend included:

a $60 difference in price between two dealers on the same gun. One had a regular G20 for $595, the other had it for $535;

a SCAR with a price tag of $10k I believe, with a "or best offer" option...

PMAGS going for $25 - windowed or not;

one place selling American Eagle .45acp 230gr for $395, another place a couple aisles down selling the same ammo for $318;

M&P 9's at quite a few places for over $600.

AR prices all seemed to be in the $2k realm, regardless of brand.

BigDozer66
02-17-09, 12:29
I haven't been to a gun show in over 6 years. :)

The last one I went top was the weekend after the AWB sunsetted.:)

I picked up an AK, a Glock 17, plenty of mags and a case of Wolf 7.62 x 39 mm for $89.00 out the door.:cool:

BigDozer66