PDA

View Full Version : crye precision!! what the duece?

nichud09
02-16-09, 15:07
any idea what these jokers are up too? besides having a website has been down for a long time. i know on ebay there are a few things floating around but... i want the whole pie!

markm
02-16-09, 15:10
I'm trying to de"duece" your question.

Iraq Ninja
02-16-09, 15:25
First of all, they are not jokers. For the past few years, they have been servicing those who need, rather than those who want. I see their stuff just about everyday, be it on the back of a soldier's helmet (NAPE pad) or on a Marine's body (FROG).

The Gen 2 clothing should be available for sale to the public in the near future. I doubt you will see the armored chassis for sale though. Mil and Gov customers are their first concern. What exactly are you wanting to get?

Failure2Stop
02-16-09, 15:29
any idea what these jokers are up too?

You mean other than providing products and services to leading SOF units?
It's a bitter pill to swallow, but if you aren't issued it, you really don't need it.
They have been trying to get their products back into "normal" commercial sales, but every time they have been close they have had to shift the inventory to fill needs. Frankly, I think that it is worth going without for others to have what they need to do what needs to be done.

Caleb Crye is well aware that he could charge 2 to 3 times the existing cost of their products and still sell it out in short time to a certain segment of the consumer base.

FWIW- I do not get the really cool stuff issued.

nichud09
02-16-09, 16:04
only jokers because they told me it would be back up...last fall!! i would a little harsh i know i know, and def case point and said. i think its some of the best gear on the market right now. i would like to see mainly some of there BDU's a little more accessible to the public. i mean just about every other BDU that the Military or LEO are issued is pretty much availiable to the public. it might be a knock-off of some sort and not "gov issue"but you get the idea.
i was just curious, i most certainly agree about getting it to our guys out there, before commercial purchase.