PDA

View Full Version : Got brand new RRA in, is it ready to shoot out of the case?

J Crew
12-09-06, 21:06
got my brand new RRA ar15 in and wanted to know if she is ready to shoot or is there any greasing, etc... that i may need to do first? thanks for any help.

- Jason

TOrrock
12-09-06, 21:13
It wouldn't hurt to field strip the rifle and put a little high end lube (FP-10, CLP, etc) on the contact and lube points.

Enjoy your new rifle! :cool:

Nathan_Bell
12-09-06, 22:41
got my brand new RRA ar15 in and wanted to know if she is ready to shoot or is there any greasing, etc... that i may need to do first? thanks for any help.

- Jason

Might want to order a reliablity package for it. Upgraded extractor spring, o-ring, and little rubber bumper(it's late I forget what its called). Might need it in a RRA, I did. Without the upgraded parts I could push my extractor back with my fingernail. If yours is stiff, put the parts in a drawer, they are PM parts anyway.

Other than that, as the previous poster said, lube it right then shoot.

Robb Jensen
12-10-06, 11:54
I would suggest restaking the carrier with a MOACKS tool and installing a Crane O-ring on the extractor spring on all RRA carbines.

RRAs lately have had sucky carrier key staking.

J Crew
12-10-06, 21:37
shot her today and all i can say is WOW! me and my buddies had a great time. i put about 240 rounds through her with no problems. used golden bear ammo that i bought from cheaperthandirt and that seemed like a great plinking ammo. just thought i'd share and i'll try to post a few pictures that we took sometime this week.

- Jason

deadwood83
12-11-06, 00:45
You're probably already feeling these impulses to buy all the ammo you see and buy more ARs, too. Don't worry, this is perfectly normal and should NOT be fought. These impulses are the symptoms of BRD (Black rifle disease) and in fact are quite healthy for you.
The natural enemies of BRD are:
1)Monetary constraints
2)Significant others voicing enemy #1
3)Gun-Banners
4)Banks

And yeah, enjoy your newfound addiction! Similar addictions involve Ruger 10/22's, 1911's, and punching teeny holes in paper from very long distances.

M4arc
12-11-06, 06:07
Congrats on your new RRA!

C4IGrant
12-11-06, 09:27
I would suggest restaking the carrier with a MOACKS tool and installing a Crane O-ring on the extractor spring on all RRA carbines.

RRAs lately have had sucky carrier key staking.

Agree.

C4

KiloSierra
12-11-06, 18:04
One source for the reliability package: http://www.eagtactical.com/products.asp#