PDA

View Full Version : Boresight Solutions G19

adh
02-17-09, 22:07
Just some quick pics for you...haven't had the chance to shoot it yet:( It feels (and looks) great. Awesome improvement over factory fit with Boresight's medium stippling treatment, standard reduction, high hand grip mod, and recontour of the trigger guard. Money well spent and very good coms from Boresight.

Oh and sorry the pics aren't that great...need to take some outside during the day.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/adh_adh/BoreSightSolutionsG19001.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/adh_adh/BoreSightSolutionsG19004.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/adh_adh/BoreSightSolutionsG19006.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/adh_adh/BoreSightSolutionsG19010.jpg

Magsz
02-18-09, 02:05
Extremely nice work.

Im really amazed at what he can do with the glock pistol.

I liked his work so much i almost thought about buying a glock just to have him work on it lol.

adh
02-18-09, 08:24
Extremely nice work.

Im really amazed at what he can do with the glock pistol.

I liked his work so much i almost thought about buying a glock just to have him work on it lol.

If I had tried out Ben's work, I probably would have kept my G17 rather than going to the G19 (which I still wasn't happy with the grip). I am heavily leaning toward dumping my Springfield loaded for another Glock and having it done again. Just not sure if I want to go G17 or G19 again. If I go G17 it will just be to see which I prefer, then I'll have to dump the other and get the duplicate of what I end up preferring.....seems like so much work to go through that I feel that as long as I truely end up liking the smaller frame of the G19 after this, I should just stick with that platform.

adh
02-18-09, 13:00
Hows this for service. Just got a phone call from Ben to check and see if I had any questions, to make sure everything got here OK. Basically to make sure I was pleased with the work.

You don't get that too often, and I've had 1911's built by others who never followed up like this.

Mark71
02-18-09, 14:44
That gun looks great! I have been thinking about sending in my 3rd gen Glock 19 to Ben to have the finger grooves removed and for some stippling. Let us know how it feels once you get out to the range.

M4arc
02-18-09, 15:09
Looks great! He does nice work.

nickdrak
02-18-09, 15:43
Looks great!
How long of a turn-a-round time was there for the work you had done? PM with the info if you dont want to post it here.

adh
02-18-09, 20:27
Looks great!
How long of a turn-a-round time was there for the work you had done? PM with the info if you dont want to post it here.

Turn around was a bit over a month....shot show was in there so that obviously gets in the way

Gentle Ben
02-18-09, 20:48
Thanks for the kind works, A. I'm glad you're pleased with my work, and I appreciate the patience you showed.

I thought I was busy before SHOT, but after I got back it just avalanched in due to the amount of exposure I got there. In fact, I just had to cut back to part time at my day job in order to keep up, and not have to push my turnaround time out too much. :eek:

Ben / Boresight Solutions

RSS1911
02-18-09, 21:09
Nice work, Ben.

Danny Boy
02-19-09, 00:50
Sig shooter here - I actually did buy a Glock 19 as I knew what Ben could do to improve the pointability and comfort of it if I didn't like the stock version.

I would highly recommend Ben's customizations to anyone after seeing and handling a great deal of his work first hand. He really does do an excellent job and cares a great deal about his customer base.

Looks great Adh!

Neville
02-19-09, 01:07
We have to import Ben to Austria to show Glock how real stippling and a ergonomic grip looks like. :D

Gentle Ben
02-19-09, 06:49
We have to import Ben to Austria to show Glock how real stippling and a ergonomic grip looks like. :D

The Glock USA guys stopped by at SHOT and seemed to like my work; the Glock Austria guys stopped by as well, and looked it over for a bit. THey didn't say much to me, but seemed particularly interested in the G17 with an extreme reduction and Rubbercoat I had on display. As they were walking away I heard the younger Austrian guy say "sehr interessant" to his older companion; the older guy mimbled something I couldn't make out. Perhaps he didn't like my slogan "improving perfection" :eek:

adh
02-19-09, 08:19
what Ben could do to improve the pointability

That's the perfect description of what Ben's work did for me. Compared to dumping hundreds to a grand or more into a 1911 to make it uber reliable, I'd much rather start with an uber reliable Glock and spend a couple hundred with ben and get an Uber reliable and ergonomic 9mm. TO ME it's a better value than the 1911. I wont get rid of both of my 1911s, but the Springfield loaded is probably on it's way out the door.

Iraqgunz
02-19-09, 15:45
Phuck me, I may have to buy yet another Glock and send it off to get it worked over. Looks nice for sure.

costa
02-19-09, 16:35
Setting the stage,

I had a grip reduction done to my Glock about 8 years ago, during that time the only other company that was doing grip reductions was Robar, I shot a friends gun and it was better than the factory grip however the happy medium between slick and ruff just wasn't there let alone the price tag. A guy in VA 8 years ago did a decent job for those times on mine and I have ran it ever since approximately 180,000 times now that gun is almost shot out and thus comes the time to start looking for a new Glock and a new reduction since he is no longer around.

I was running a Dynamic Handgun Course in Miami when a few of the students had grip reductions on there Glocks and Springfield XD's. After looking first at the functionality and then the sex appeal you could deffinatly see major attention to detail. When I asked the students where they went they told me about Ben which is the wheel man of this reduction and texturing.

First Impressions, I met Ben later that week and he explained his process, basicly he can just do a simple texture job so if your sweaty, wet, or bloody wether it's your's or someone else's the gun won't slip from your hands. He will also do a medium or extreme grip reductions for those people who have small hands or request it, or those who want their Glock to mirror close to the 1911. For my line of work I utilize both systems so I went with the more extreme reduction.

First and foremost Ben's texturing is right on, it's aggressive but it won't leave the side of your body or hands feeling like a cheese grader. Secondly his ability to under cut the bottom of the trigger guard and rear tang put's your hand in a better control position in regard to managing recoil for follow up shot's. He also cuts away some of the polymer around the trigger area that slows the travel and speed of the trigger down when pressing or reseting which takes that creep feeling out. Looks are always secondary to functionality but in Ben's case they don't leave you with a gun that people will think came off the set of Star Trek. His ability to not only give you back a weapon system that is fully functional but also has some sex appeal is true art. I had him do two of my guns and thus far it was a great decision. Ben stands behind his work and his concern for delivering a superior yet Bomber product is a primary concern. Having Ben do a grip or texturing job on one of your weapons is like getting a Tattoo, once you get one you will probably end up getting more.

Cheers,
Costa

I'mGatMan!
02-19-09, 17:33
How funny. I was just coming in here to introduce myself and talk about Ben's work, and the first thread I see is about his work. :D

I've known Ben since he was just a wet-behind the ears wannabe gun guy. ;)

Just kidding. Ben is actually the guy who got me thinking about and learning about personal defense. I got him thinking about Glocks, then defaulted and went the way of an XD9sc for my first pistol. It wasn't long after I realized my small hands had me pushing all my shots left that I decided to try something else, and went to the 1911 platform. Shortly after that, Ben, who had begun experimenting with his own Glock, came up with the earliest version of his reduction.

At his advice, I took a class with my SA EMP, and my Kimber Pro TLE/RL II. I had multiple failures during the class with both of my guns and became extremely frustrated. When I asked the instructor what I could do, his response was to "Get a Glock." Of course, Ben laughed at me.

I went ahead and gave the EMP to my pops, sold the Kimber, and picked up a 19 and 21sf. Of course, Glocks don't fit small hands well, so after having those cherries popped both of my Glocks went directly across town to Ben's polymer spa.

Let me just say this: I won't own another Glock without having Ben operate on it. Matter of fact, he's got a brand-spanking new 19 on his bench right now getting it's percfection improved. I actually initially got basic reductions on my 19 and 21sf, but after Ben perfected his extreme reductions, they both went back to him for workovers.

On top of that, let me just add that while Ben's meticulous attention to detail is second-to-none in the industry, he's also a stand-up guy who doesn't hesitate to share either his stuff, or his knowledge. He's one of the best friends I've got. Case in point: when I told him I had decided to get an AR finally, he helped me find a decent deal on a full LMT with a reliability workover by a reputable gunsmith. What a pal, right? :D

Ben'll probably be embarassed by this, but I wrote it all to let you know that I know firsthand what kind of time and energy Ben puts into his work. I also know how he respects and values his customers, as well as their time.

If you're at all on the fence about having some work done, or you have a defensive tool that just doesn't fit you like you want it to, Call BSS. You won't regret it.

Btw...that 19 looks amazing ADH, and I'm sure you're going to love it. Might as well call SAI, have them sell you another one, and let it go straight to Ben before it's sent to you. ;)

Jason
Conscius, Paratus, Findens

Gentle Ben
02-19-09, 22:01
aw hell, feels like a class reunion up in this joint. :o

thanks Costa. I still think you oughta let me restore that 180K round Glock so you can retire it with dignity.

(you little hubcap stealer, I'm going to club you like a harp seal.)

Detmongo
02-19-09, 22:32
hey chris,
could youpost some pics of that worn out glock. would love to see it.
thanx.
tony d

SeriousStudent
02-19-09, 22:35
Ben, PM inbound.

Thanks to all that took the time to provide reviews. I have been looking to do this on a pair of Glocks.

Detmongo
02-20-09, 08:28
ben,
if chris does send you the gun for a rebuild you should post befor and after photos.

Yojimbo
02-20-09, 10:32
Ben,

I'm curious but is it possible to give a G17 or G19 a grip reduction so that the grip is very close to an M&P9 with the small backstrap installed?

I have all three of those pistols and ever since I got my M&P9 I've been thinking of getting some grip work on my G17 and G19 but I just wasn't sure if anyone could get them to feel as small as the M&P.

I'mGatMan!
02-20-09, 22:25
Yojimbo...

I've seen Ben do some crazy things to polymer guns. Some of them you wouldn't believe. :D

Your best bet is to check his site for the contact number and give him a call, though, as he spends a lot of time actually working on the guns. If you call, though, he'll be glad to talk to you and discuss whether or not he can bring your ideas to life.

Gentle Ben
02-21-09, 13:33
ben,
if chris does send you the gun for a rebuild you should post befor and after photos.

I'd be happy to post the before and after photos. I've restored quite a few guns that were either DIY-job that went south or hack-jobs done by other shops. I'll see if I can find some pics of a G19 I restored recently...it wasn't a pretty sight when I got it.

Detmongo
02-21-09, 13:35
Ben,
thanx

Gentle Ben
02-21-09, 13:36
Ben,

I'm curious but is it possible to give a G17 or G19 a grip reduction so that the grip is very close to an M&P9 with the small backstrap installed?

I have all three of those pistols and ever since I got my M&P9 I've been thinking of getting some grip work on my G17 and G19 but I just wasn't sure if anyone could get them to feel as small as the M&P.

It's hard to describe what I can do in terms of how it relates to other guns. It'd be best for us to discuss it and bounce ideas around. I'll PM you my phone #, as I don't think I'm allowed to post it here.

Gentle Ben
02-21-09, 13:50
Here's pics of a G19 I restored not long ago. Ironically, this is not the first time I've restored grip jobs done by the shop who did this...:p

Sorry for the crappy pics. Taken with two different cameras, the first being an old POS because that's all I could find in my haste to get started unf#cking this gun. The crappy camera actually hides how awful this gun really looked...deep grind marks, uneven edge lines, sloppy stippling, ragged plastic, etc.

Before:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/HPIM0239.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/HPIM0240.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/HPIM0242.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/HPIM0243.jpg

After:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/IMG_0416.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/IMG_0413.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/IMG_0412.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Snail50/IMG_0411.jpg

Gentle Ben
02-21-09, 13:52
also, the AFTER pics were taken before I was 100% finished. I polished up the inside of the magwell a bit more, so it looks better than it does in the pics.

Detmongo
02-21-09, 14:00
wow, great job. might be sending you one of mine soon.

Gentle Ben
02-21-09, 14:15
wow, great job. might be sending you one of mine soon.

for restoration? ;)

Detmongo
02-21-09, 16:22
no just alittle stippling

torrpd
02-22-09, 10:58
Ben, do you work on other pistols (XD, M&P, etc) or just glocks?

adh
02-22-09, 11:28
Ben, do you work on other pistols (XD, M&P, etc) or just glocks?

Check out the website.....short answer is yes
http://www.boresightsolutions.com

Gentle Ben
02-22-09, 12:02
THanks A.

Yes, if it's plastic, I can work on it. I've done just about every plastic gun out there, from (real) MP5s to Ruger LCPs.

Danny Boy
02-23-09, 18:17
Just found a picture of an extreme reduction on a Glock 19 done by Ben.

I dig the rounded trigger guard.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x51/coltm733/Glock19ExtremeRedux.jpg

Gentle Ben
02-23-09, 18:30
Thanks DB! It's been awhile since I've seen that one. :p