PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled - Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 31- Aug 2, 2009

VA_Dinger
02-18-09, 16:17
Cancelled - Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 31- Aug 2, 2009 – South Hill, Virginia.

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/VickersTactical/DesertStorm.jpg

This is a master class level and above course; regardless of your skill level you will be challenged. Topics covered will be review of safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment, reloads, presentation, shooting positions and trigger control. More advanced topics will include shooting on the move, barricade, weak side shooting, and possible challenging team work drill. Courses of fire to be used are based on skill evaluation and development. Any Shooter will leave the course with a firm grasp on strengths and weaknesses and drills to help themselves improve.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: July 31- Aug 2, 2009

- Cost: $600

- Range facilities: Private range (Directions will be provided during class sign-up)

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine of minimum 5.45 / 5.56 caliber
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Carbine mounted white light
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
- Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
- Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
- Hand held white light
- Eye protection (
- Electronic hearing protection
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 800 rounds of handgun
- 800 rounds of carbine

Class prerequisites: Anyone attending this class must have attended at least a level I pistol or carbine class – both would be preferable. Other instructors training classes, military, LE training will of coarse be accepted but on a case-by-case basis. Please have a training resume ready to submit during class registration.

***Vickers Tactical sponsors will be providing free give a ways that will be used as prizes during the class. ***

Please contact me at paul.hotaling AT live.com or via M4c PM

VA_Dinger
04-05-09, 20:23
OK, everybody would requested to attend should have received there sign-up forms.

If you have contacted either Larry or myself to attend this class and did not receive the forms tonight, please let me know.

FYI- This class is now 1/3 full.

If anybody else is interested in attending please contact me.

VA_Dinger
04-12-09, 17:32
FYI: Unfortunately this class must be postponed or canceled. The dates conflict with LAV's filming for the new season of Tactical Impact.

I will be contacting everybody who signed up offering them the opinion of a complete refund, credit towards another class of there choice, or to just let it ride until a new class date has been set.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Stretz Tactical Inc
04-12-09, 17:49
do you know if he cancelled all his July classes? I'm taking one in PA in early July

VA_Dinger
04-12-09, 17:52
do you know if he cancelled all his July classes? I'm taking one in PA in early July

I do not know, but I can ask. Yours may not have gotten canceled because he is not filming all month. Just our dates were not going to work for sure. The PA class might be fine.

PM me later for an answer.

SeriousStudent
04-12-09, 18:15
I am sorry to hear that the class got cancelled, but happy to hear that they got renewed for a second season. :)