PDA

View Full Version : $300 NRA Lifetime Membership

trunkmonkey
02-18-09, 18:10
With the OP permission I am reposting this here, it was seen on another website.

I have also done this myself. I will sponsor anyone here, just drop me a pm.

For the guys that don't already know about it.

The NRA is offering a $300 Lifetime Membership through March 31st.

Please call 1-800-672-3888

It seems that it is as easy as calling the NRA and giving them the code W9AVCRDE. This will only work if you are already a member.

This is a smoking deal offered once a year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Aahhyes68/NRADocument.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Aahhyes68/NRADocument2-1.jpg

You like your guns??? Well get off your ass, do something about it, and support the people that support you.

joe138
02-19-09, 10:36
Thanks for posting. Great deal and just upgraded.

dhrith
02-19-09, 14:47
Damn, that is a deal. I'll be jumping on that asap.

Aray
02-19-09, 18:08
Tried to use it today, they said I was ineligible for the promotion. You can get a family member a LM for $300 if you are already a LM and upgrade to Endowment Member. That's what they told me anyway.

luxor
02-19-09, 18:20
If you read the links you posted, it says that you must upgrade to endowment status and then you can sign family members up for life member. ( you must be a life member to upgrade to endowment status for this price ).

trunkmonkey
02-19-09, 22:18
Listen brother. I've not only read what I posted, but I upgraded to a Life Membership from a regular yearly
membership by doing exactly this.

Just like all the other guys that have done it this way. I ain't the first.

luxor
02-20-09, 15:15
TrunkMonkey,

I was not trying to imply that you had not read the link, and i apologize if i offended you.

Now as far as the membership goes. I just got off the phone with the NRA and they said that this will not work. They would not let me use the code you posted.

However, for those that would like to know, they did say that if you are a disabled veteran, than you can get a life membership for the $300.

Or if you are a life member, you can give the gift of life membership to someone.

This is what i was told today, ten minutes ago.

Cold Zero
02-20-09, 18:05
Trunkmonkey, you done good. I took one and I called a friend and so did he. I bet I sell 1-2 more tomorrow at the Gun Store.

1911pro
02-21-09, 05:41
I tried this on Friday and got some rude ass girl named Mary that said that you cannot use that code and that it expired. She even told me you could not use it unless they mailed it to you. I got kind of pissed and called back and got someone else that really works in Virginia who said yes you can do it. Mary works in Florida for some call center company that the NRA uses. Call the # and hit prompt #3 for life members.

Cold Zero
02-21-09, 06:32
TrunkMonkey is correct. You must already be a member. I renewed my annual membership at SHOT, the new card has not even come yet and that money cannot be applied towards the $300 Lifetime fee. Even at $335, it is a smoking deal, at a time when NRA really needs to money to do God's work.

Now if anyone comes across a similar deal for another worthwhile oragainziation, like GOA, maybe we should support them as well. We are going to need all the help we can get.

1911pro
02-21-09, 08:11
True the money already payed toward an Easy pay life membership or annual membership will not apply toward the $300.00. I just payed the first $25 on easy pay life for my wife . I will have $325.00. for the full membership. It is a hell of a deal.

Aray
02-22-09, 08:44
I'll have to call again Monday.

ebr-lvr
02-22-09, 10:54
True the money already payed toward an Easy pay life membership or annual membership will not apply toward the $300.00. I just payed the first $25 on easy pay life for my wife . I will have $325.00. for the full membership. It is a hell of a deal.

I was just considering the "easy pay" plan myself. so I wonder if I would
have time before the deadline to go "easy Pay", then upgrade for the
special? Might have to rob Peter to pay Paul, But would be well worth it!

NetJunkie
02-22-09, 22:41
If you read the links you posted, it says that you must upgrade to endowment status and then you can sign family members up for life member. ( you must be a life member to upgrade to endowment status for this price ).

Where does it say you have to upgrade to Endowment first? I don't see that..or on the paperwork I got.

BigDozer66
02-23-09, 19:05
I keep seeing people post these offers but I never get them in my mail box?:confused:
I am a Life Member and I want to sign my wife up.
Thanks for posting and I will give them a call.
BigDozer66

NetJunkie
02-23-09, 21:22
Call them. I didn't get this offer the first time (or I threw it out by accident). They sent it to me.

BigDozer66
02-23-09, 21:51
I got an offer before Christmas but it was the $500.00 one if the Life member made a "donation" to become a Patron or something. At that time I didn't have the extra coin to throw around.
BigDozer66

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 16:14
so just to clarify, I have recently been looking to do the lifetime payment plan membership dealio...now I find this...so, if you have to be a member first to get this, could I go with the one year signup first and then run this deal?

Cold Zero
02-24-09, 16:16
so just to clarify, I have recently been looking to do the lifetime payment plan membership dealio...now I find this...so, if you have to be a member first to get this, could I go with the one year signup first and then run this deal?

Yes. What you are proposing, is what I did last week. All said and done, the real price is $335. $300 for the lifetime, one year membership @ $35. $335.

NetJunkie
02-24-09, 16:16

You don't have to be a member first. Just find someone to sponsor you on this deal.

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 16:23
Yes. What you are proposing, is what I did last week. All said and done, the real price is $335. $300 for the lifetime, one year membership @ $35. $335.

I wonder if they would let you do this but do the slow bleed of $25 a pop....

yes, I am being cheap....just because I already have something in mind for my monthly blow fund, but this is a hella deal so....might have to push new toy back a month....

NetJunkie
02-24-09, 16:25
$300 at one time. It's a steal compared to the normal price.

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 17:04
of course I waited late enough during the day to do this that the main office is closed and calls are forwarded to the tard center in florida...now what?

wait till tomorrow or find a long lost relative on here that I did not know I had?

luxor
02-24-09, 17:05
It looks like from some of the post's, that you get told somthing different everytime you call, and this is working for some of you.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to. I will keep trying.

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 17:07
so what happens once I find a sponsor, do I call in and get one of the tards and end up giving them the sponsors info?

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 19:23
anyone>?

Cold Zero
02-24-09, 20:53
BSS:

Now that I am a Life member, thanks to this forum, if I can help. Email me. I have no L.M. card yet.

blacksunshine
02-24-09, 21:05
BSS:

Now that I am a Life member, thanks to this forum, if I can help. Email me. I have no L.M. card yet.

all they will prolly want is the referring member's name and membership number and the code of course..and don't forget their money....:D

I just waited too late in teh day to do this...I will have to call first thing in the morning....

Thanks!

sholling
02-26-09, 13:17
Thanks OP for posting this. I gave it a try and they flat out said no way. That you may not use it to upgrade your own membership, and that you must be a life member to give it as a gift.

blacksunshine
02-26-09, 13:22
Thanks OP for posting this. I gave it a try and they flat out said no way. That you may not use it to upgrade your own membership, and that you must be a life member to give it as a gift.

but (unless they have changed in the last couple of days), if you use a 'relative' referral that is a lifetime member, you can upgrade an existing membership to lifetime....

bushmasterbeast
02-28-09, 22:56
FTGDM

Jakus
03-01-09, 00:00
If anyone would be willing to sponsor me, I would love to get in on this deal.

Just to clarify, if I can find a sponsor and purchase my own $300 lifetime membership, I could then sponsor my wife for her $300 lifetime membership?

Thanks in advance

bushmasterbeast
03-01-09, 00:01
FTGDM

Cold Zero
03-01-09, 06:53
Jakus:

If you scroll down further in this thread. You will see that no sponser is necessary if you are a current member.

Now if someone finds a similiar deal to this one to then move up to Endowment Member, let us know.:eek: Thanks.

Dave L.
03-01-09, 06:58
Are they open on Sunday? If not I'll plan on calling tomorrow and upgrading my membership. I'm on the Life-member payment plan, but I have only made one or 2 payments.

Cold Zero
03-01-09, 07:13
As a result of this thread, I am now a Life Member and I rec'd my ballot for the Board of Directors election in the mail yesterday. I endorse George Kolitides for the Board because he is a hunter, shooting enthusiast and most important is that he is an ardent supporter of your right to have, purchase, and shoot A.R. 15 rifles and he will fight to make sure that the NRA actively supports and protects your right to do so. We need all the help we can get, George K. will help us.

If you are a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and eligible* to vote in the current election of the 76th NRA Board member, the Bushmaster Firearms Company is asking you to vote for George K. Kollitides. Mr. Kollitides is on our Board of Directors and has been involved in the shooting sports industry for over 30 years. As a passionate sportsman and experienced business leader, Mr. Kollitides will fight to protect gun owners' rights and our hunting and shooting heritage.

At no time in recent history are this election and your vote more important, please help us elect George K. Kollitides to the NRA Board of Directors. The ballot can be found inside your NRA magazine, that should be arriving anyday.

*Fully paid Lifetime Members and Annual Members with five or more consecutive years of membership are eligible to vote.

Solomon
03-01-09, 16:20
Found this:

Special Election Year Membership... Only $25 (NEW MEMBERS ONLY) (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=XR020795)

Price with Life Membership upgrade = $325 :cool:

Jakus
03-01-09, 17:40
Jakus:

If you scroll down further in this thread. You will see that no sponser is necessary if you are a current member.

Now if someone finds a similiar deal to this one to then move up to Endowment Member, let us know.:eek: Thanks.

Cold Zero,

I am not currently a member, so if I'm reading this right I would need a sponsor.

Am I better off getting someone to sponsor me here, or just buying the $25 membership then upgrading it to the $300 lifetime membership?

Cold Zero
03-01-09, 18:55
Jakus

Earlier in this thread, another member also thought he needed a sponser. I provided my info' and when he called they did not ask for it. I'll bet they quickly asked for his CC #'s.:rolleyes:

If you feel you want a sponser, drop me an email. Glad to help out another M4C member.

We need another thread to get a promotion to move up to endowment member.

Fuguar
03-01-09, 19:44
Thanks. I was going to sign up for the $500 Life Membership and get the commemorative knife or whatever the promotions was.

I called last week and used the code (W9AVCRDE) and was upgraded for $300.

I didn't ask about the knife...

bushmasterbeast
03-02-09, 07:01
FTGDM

mosrogfor
03-02-09, 11:08
Tried this as well and got the must have a sponsor stuff also. I'd love to grab a LM if anyone would like to sponsor me.

Thanks

joe138
03-02-09, 17:44
I immediately called the NRA after reading the initial post, I spoke to a very helpful lady and today I received my life membership card and package. More shooters need to join the NRA. Its the best chance we have to avoid more gun control BS.

bushmasterbeast
03-02-09, 20:19
FTGDM

joe138
03-03-09, 07:39
I called on 19 Feb. at about 10:00 AM and rec. the package yesterday, 2 March. It was quicker than I thought it would be.

mtk
03-03-09, 10:29
Thanks. I was going to sign up for the $500 Life Membership and get the commemorative knife or whatever the promotions was.

I called last week and used the code (W9AVCRDE) and was upgraded for $300.

I didn't ask about the knife...

I got a similar offer, but it was to upgrade from Life to Endowment membership.

I'm now waiting patiently for my commerative Bowie Knife.
:D

trunkmonkey
03-05-09, 23:13
I will sponsor anyone here.

Just send me a pm and I'd be more than happy to get in on a conference call with the nra and take care of this for you.

I've already done it a couple of times and it's a great deal for anyone that loves their 2nd amendment rights.

water4545
03-06-09, 10:47
Just got off the phone with NRA membership. Upgraded from reg. membership, provided them with a brother n' law's Life Membership #, gave them my info and credit card # and done deal. No Bowie knife with this upgrade. NRA rep says "only upgrades to Life Endowment get the knife". Still a heck of a deal. Thanks to you guys for spreading the word.

trunkmonkey
03-12-09, 09:38
get on board. protect those rights we all love.

Fuguar
03-12-09, 15:44
I got my upgrade in the mail. No knife, but I wasn't exactly expecting it either.

I get annoyed at the NRA for flooding my mail with all kinds of tag polls, etc, but they are our best bet in DC. I'll donate money, but lighten up on the trash mail.

blacksunshine
03-12-09, 15:50
I got my upgrade in the mail. No knife, but I wasn't exactly expecting it either.

I get annoyed at the NRA for flooding my mail with all kinds of tag polls, etc, but they are our best bet in DC. I'll donate money, but lighten up on the trash mail.

supposedly there is some number you can call up there to get you off the mail spam list...

I finally got my membership info, see...:D

http://uuranch.com/images/misc/nra.jpg

trunkmonkey
03-18-09, 17:20

If you don't like the trash mail go on their website and opt out. Real easy solution.

ncfishman
03-19-09, 19:10
i've just signed up for the $25 annual membership. now i got to convince the wife to come off $300. then what?

Dave L.
03-20-09, 11:00
Just (finally) upgraded my membership. It's $300 with the coupon code and took all of 3 minutes on the phone.

:cool:

Solomon
03-20-09, 11:27
Just (finally) upgraded my membership. It's $300 with the coupon code and took all of 3 minutes on the phone.

:cool:

Just to be clear, which coupon code did you use, and did they require you to provide another life member's membership number as a reference? If a reference was required, was the person supposed to be related to you?

Dave L.
03-20-09, 11:33
Just to be clear, which coupon code did you use, and did they require you to provide another life member's membership number as a reference? If a reference was required, was the person supposed to be related to you?

Call and say, "I have a coupon code to upgrade my current membership to a lifetime membership for $300".

I used: W9AVCRDE

All the guy (who was very polite) asked was: Zip Code, Last Name, Credit card # & exp. Date.

Tell him/her you want the Life Membership with Bowie Knife.

The last thing he said is my current Member # would stay the same and he verified it with me.

Hope that helps.

Solomon
03-20-09, 11:52
Tell him/her you want the Endowment Package with Bowie Knife.

So did you become a Life Member or an Endowment Member?

Dave L.
03-20-09, 13:24
So did you become a Life Member or an Endowment Member?

Not 100% sure now that you mention it. I assume (:confused:) that I was just upgraded to Life Member since that was what the Code was for.

A-Bear680
03-20-09, 15:07
If anyone is looking for a second gun rights organization or has issues with the NRA :
www.saf.org

Check out the lawsuits.
I'm a Life Member of both the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation.
Historically , SAF has been a little more aggressive on EBR's & self-defense.
More of their effort goes to law suits and legal stuff in general
The two organizations work very well together.

A-Bear680
03-23-09, 08:49
Bump.
Fight smart and win.
www.nra.com
www.saf.org

Cold Zero
03-23-09, 11:52
Dave L. thanks for the Bowie knife.

It was not mentioned when I upgraded and when my package came, no knife. I just got off the phone with them and after a long hold, I am now getting the knife.

Thanks.:D

RWK
03-23-09, 14:16
I renewed my annual membership online last week. This morning I called the Life Member line and applied the promo code to upgrade to a life membership. It took all of about two minutes to do. One caveat is to call the Life Member department, not the regular membership department. The guy at Life Member department was locked on; the guys at the regular membership department, not so much...

trunkmonkey
03-25-09, 11:19
time is almost up.

68fan
03-27-09, 09:13
EDIT: No need for help now as it worked on the second try. See my post below...

[I just called the Life Membership department to upgrade the myself and the wife, but was stopped cold by the "give me an existing Life member's #" requirement. Any Life members online now that wouldn't mind PM'g the info or joining a call with me? Thanks!]

Dave L.
03-27-09, 09:32
Dave L. thanks for the Bowie knife.

It was not mentioned when I upgraded and when my package came, no knife. I just got off the phone with them and after a long hold, I am now getting the knife.

Thanks.:D

No worries, I was reading all the fine print and well, I love free stuff:D

Dave L.
03-27-09, 09:33
I just called the Life Membership department to upgrade the myself and the wife, but was stopped cold by the "give me an existing Life member's #" requirement. Any Life members online now that wouldn't mind PM'g the info or joining a call with me? Thanks!

They didn't ask me this...:confused:
Sounds like you got screwed, maybe call back and hopefully you will get someone different on the line.

68fan
03-27-09, 10:08
They didn't ask me this...:confused:
Sounds like you got screwed, maybe call back and hopefully you will get someone different on the line.

Woot! Success on Round 2 :)

FYI, the first time I called the Life Membership line (I think it was option 3). The second time I called the regular memberships line (option 1). So it seems hit or miss no matter which department you call.

Solomon
03-27-09, 17:41
I was able to upgrade to Life by calling the Life Membership department, but I was asked to provide an existing Life Member's membership # as a reference. I asked if my reference's name and address would be sufficient, and they allowed it.

Cold Zero
03-27-09, 18:47
but I was asked to provide an existing Life Member's membership # as a reference. I asked if my reference's name and address would be sufficient, and they allowed it.

Anyone who needs an existing Life member as a reference is invited to contact me by email thru the profile.

The more members, the better.

Cold Zero
03-31-09, 08:24
Any update? As Life members, don't forget for vote for the Board of Directors. Vote George Kollitides.
As per Dave L. suggestion, don't forget to make sure they give you the free Bowie knife when you pay to upgrade. It is a nice knife, for free.

ARx3
03-31-09, 19:07
In the eleventh hour I was able to upgrade both myself and my wife's memberships to Life. My first try at 0830 this morning was unsuccessful as I was told by the person on the NRA line(option 1) that I was not eligible. Not being one to take No for an answer,I called again at 1200 and used the Life membership line(option 3) and was successful by giving a current Life member's number. Thanks again Cold Zero:)

trunkmonkey
03-31-09, 19:10
Have to have the free bowie knife too huh.

Doesn't surprise me. The $300 price just isn't enough for some.

RWK
03-31-09, 22:39
Have to have the free bowie knife too huh.

Doesn't surprise me. The $300 price just isn't enough for some.

Maybe some but, not all of us. The knife was never a consideration.

cue
04-02-09, 16:17
I just wanted to say thank you TrunkMonkey.

It took some time for the NRA to upgrade me but it finally went through.

I was $100 in to my Easy Pay life membership when I saw this. I called them imediately and they the tier 1 rep stated I had to talk to life member services because he could not help me.

So I called them and stated that I would like to upgrade. They stated to do so I would have to cancel my current EPL membership and renew when It went out of the system.

So I agreed and cancelled my membership. They stated it would take exactly 1 week to do so. So I called back the next week and they Asked me for the address of a life member. I told them the address of a member that would sponser me and they asked me how I wanted to pay. I stated with a creditcard and gave them the number. I then waited another week and nothing happened. I called back and they did not have a record nor did my card get charged. I talked to another rep and she got my information again. This was last Wednesday. I called today and they stated it went into effect today. I looked online and I no longer have any payments due.

All in all it was worth the effort. Now I can begin climbing the ranks to Benefactor!

Solomon
04-02-09, 16:26
Maybe some but, not all of us. The knife was never a consideration.

Agreed. No need to get greedy. The cost of the knife and shipping it to you is better off being spent to win our battle.

the1911fan
04-02-09, 20:25
I am $500 into my EPL and figured support equals $$$ as well as numbers. I will pay my $500 balance and I do not accept anything from them that increases the cost of them doing business.