PDA

View Full Version : 20" AR flat top upper. need one. Who?

Jack-O
02-19-09, 01:30
Looking for a 20" standard barrel upper with flat top receiver, standard handguards, flash hider in 556 preferrably in 1-7 or 1-8. hopefully in the $500 range

I dont have the cash or desire to spend on a top of the line rig, but need something reliable and well built.

What should I be looking at as far as makers? price?

I'd be open to offers if you have something laying around as well.

thanks for your help.

Bob Reed
02-19-09, 05:35
Hello,

Here's a 1:9 Twist that's in your price range.
http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Barrel_Assembly_p/dt1013.htm

Col_Crocs
02-19-09, 06:10
Go BRowning HP! :D Seriously, nothing will ever be as good as the HP.

Ricardus
02-19-09, 09:59
I am definitely in the market for a 20" barreled AR15 with a 1:7 twist. Charles Daly made some sounds about coming out with one and so have Bravo Company. There is one other that slips my mind. CMMG and Sabre D.I. offer them but Sabre is kind of expensive. The LMT folks have them only in their MRP series.
I know that this is predominantly a M4Carbine site (hence the name), but someone should put together a chart! :D

carbinero
02-19-09, 10:15
I have one which will be for sale as soon as I get my upper from Grant. It's a BM 20" 1:7 gov't, flat top. About 100 rounds old, no failures with a collapsible stock and carbine buffer. Send me PM if interested.

I've tried to help another friend find one on arf.com, etc. and they're scarce, new or used. Sometimes you'll see a FN barrelled one. $500 is about market price for used, barreled upper only. So you're looking at more like $650 for complete.

Jack-O
02-19-09, 11:06
I have one which will be for sale as soon as I get my upper from Grant. It's a BM 20" 1:7 gov't, flat top. About 100 rounds old, no failures with a collapsible stock and carbine buffer. Send me PM if interested.

I've tried to help another friend find one on arf.com, etc. and they're scarce, new or used. Sometimes you'll see a FN barrelled one. $500 is about market price for used, barreled upper only. So you're looking at more like $650 for complete.

how does it shoot?

Jack-O
02-19-09, 11:08
Guys, What I'm looking for is "who makes good stuff"

I can look thru ads all day long and find uppers with these specs, what I dont know is who makes the best in that price range.

Ideally I'd like to be able to shoot wolf and other steel case ammo thru it, so build quality is gonna be important.

Puffy93
02-19-09, 14:54
Hello,

Here's a 1:9 Twist that's in your price range.
http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Barrel_Assembly_p/dt1013.htm

I agree go with del-ton. I've got an 16" upper from them and have had only 2 issues, gas tube pin wasn't there when I bought it, and a reciever w/out feed ramps with a barrel that has m4 ramps.
I fixed gas tube pin(99 cent fix) and it functioned flawlessly.
For the price they're the best!

carbinero
02-19-09, 15:54
Have you looked at "The Chart?"

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Jack-O
02-19-09, 16:21
No I hadn't. I should have read thru those stickies first, I musta brain farted. Thank you so much for pointing that out for me.

Wilco
02-23-09, 21:25
Delton. Good folks to deal with, good product, great pricing....