PDA

View Full Version : My 1911 CBOB DanWesson Range Report??? Peening!!

davebee456
02-19-09, 22:04
Well everything went well, 150 rounds of Remington Green Box 230 gr FMJ.
20 Rounds of Speer GoldDot 230gr JHP, No Jamming, No FTF, FTEs Etc....
Twice with the same mag after racking the slide no round went into the chamber which was weird and new to me, After cleaning and re lube i noticed the peening around the notch of the slide that engages the slide stop seems like its a small burr..is this nomal on stainless steel 1911s Dan Wesson said they would fix it the best they can if it gets worse,
i found this pic which almost exactly like it.
What should I do?????????

MarshallDodge
02-19-09, 22:20
Mine had it when I bought it used this time last year. It has nearly 1K rounds through it since then and it has not gotten any worse.

They are good running pistols and accurate.

davebee456
02-19-09, 23:23
thanks for your reply, i can live with it if it doesnt get any worse or sharper...
i would want to cut myself on the burr...dan wesson did say they would repair it but its been reliable so far and i dont want to mess with that.
anyone else here have this issue , i read that stainless steel 1911s might have more of this issue than blued ones.

MarshallDodge
02-19-09, 23:33
i read that stainless steel 1911s might have more of this issue than blued ones.

My 4.25" Les Baer C8 does not have this issue at all, there is a little showing on my 5" Springfield Loaded 9mm and Kimber Gold Match 45. They are all stainless. I have a blued Colt Commander slide that has a little bit showing.

My theory is that it may have something to do with how the angles are cut on the slide and slide release from one manufacturer to another.