PDA

View Full Version : Here's a shooting that'll warm your heart.

markm
02-20-09, 13:42
My sister told me about this one. :cool:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/39770977.html

sl4mdaddy
02-20-09, 13:59
"I didn't create the situation," Witte said. "I reacted to his actions. I have no remorse whatsoever."

Out-frickin-standing.

Irish
02-20-09, 14:28
Nice shooting. One more scumbag off of our Las Vegas streets.

Ed L.
02-20-09, 14:31
The defender was carrying his gun without a round in the chamber. He is lucky he had the time and opportunity to chamber a round as opposed to the burglar attacking him and him having to draw the gun with one hand while using the other to fend the guy off and firing the gun from the retention position as soon as the gun cleared leather:

"He told KVBC-TV, Channel 3, that he knew something was wrong when he saw a suitcase on the floor containing his possessions. He chambered a round and fired at Vains, who rushed him holding what appeared to be a .45-caliber handgun. Witte didn't know it was a pellet gun until police told him later."

Iraqgunz
02-20-09, 14:31
I hereby award him the Royal Order of Scum Removal Medal w/ Palm Leaf. Good job.

98z28
02-20-09, 14:39
"Vains died of multiple gunshot wounds to the chest..."

That's good shootin' right there. Putting rounds on target under stress makes me smile.

A-Bear680
02-20-09, 15:21
Gotta love a happy ending.
:)

ddemis
02-20-09, 15:44
Im a Vegas local and everybody I talked to agreed Vains had it coming. Chalk up one more for the good guys. One difference though, I always carry one in the chamber!

heijutsu
02-20-09, 15:50
Gotta love how they say he was "gunned down". And then some douche bag had to comment "It was kind of sad, but I could kind of see it coming." It wasn't sad, it was exactly what should have happened to that plague on society. Kill em' all!

I bet his family will end up suing the home owner.

AirmanAtwood
02-20-09, 16:03
My favorite comment was "Just because someone is in your house doesn't mean you have to shoot him multiple times. Once is enough. He wanted to kill him.

MURDERER."

Some people are just so dumb.

markm
02-20-09, 16:29
This guy did more in one day for our country than Obama has so far! :D

pgpd3147
02-20-09, 16:59
Im a Vegas local and everybody I talked to agreed Vains had it coming. Chalk up one more for the good guys. One difference though, I always carry one in the chamber!

I agree with carrying one in the chamber. You are "hot" and ready to go once you clear leather. In stressfull situations you lose some motor functions and little things such as pulling the slide back can be extremely difficult. Especially if you don't train drawing from a concealed carry. Other than that sounds like a clean shooting!

ToddG
02-21-09, 07:43
My favorite comment was "Just because someone is in your house doesn't mean you have to shoot him multiple times. Once is enough. He wanted to kill him.

MURDERER."

And that person is part of a jury pool somewhere ...

Caeser25
02-21-09, 08:02
Gotta love how they say he was "gunned down". And then some douche bag had to comment "It was kind of sad, but I could kind of see it coming." It wasn't sad, it was exactly what should have happened to that plague on society. Kill em' all!

I bet his family will end up suing the home owner.

the way our country is nowadays, they'll probably win too:rolleyes:

markm
02-21-09, 08:44
And that person is part of a jury pool somewhere ...

No kidding. Those are the morons that end up on jury duty.

Cold Zero
02-21-09, 09:23
Fine job, the end result is what counts. Next time keep the chamber loaded.:rolleyes:

wargasm
02-21-09, 09:43
Not to worry, ye of little faith! Here in Sin City, no one's gettin' their panties all bunched about this hero! He reacted to a situation accordingly, and in this town, rightly so! If recent gun sales and packed CCW classes locally are an indicator, my man is in good company. We practice what is preached!

twodollarbill
02-21-09, 09:49
"I didn't create the situation," Witte said. "I reacted to his actions. I have no remorse whatsoever."

This guy is my Hero for the day!!!!

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-21-09, 10:05

This guy is my Hero for the day!!!!

Not a half-bad quote to put on your lawyers card for your wallet.

I don't like how they lead that the guy had a pellet gun, thought I guess they say he was a BG to start, and the hero wouldn't have known that.

Never bring a pellet gun to a gun fight.