PDA

View Full Version : My 553 Review

Steve
12-11-06, 10:36
Well, i broke down this year and got a 553 Eotech and its been no secret i havent been a EOtech fan in the past due to issues i had with older units.

i have over 2k through my 553 now mounted it on several carbines one a few issues with on 2 or 3 guns i tried yet others of the smae makers fit fine.

it has been used in the rain let out over night in it the snow the cold the frezing rain temps in the single digits and it has fired right up.

no lose of zero s on any weapon that i can tell when it wasnt my issue of shooting error.

the unit has been bounced in around in my truck and car used at matches and classes. and has been 100% percent so far.

my only complaint so far would be i would like to see sealed or capped adj covers.

battery life has been good so far on 2 surefire battieries

the arms mount still sucks but oh well, sucks why. well for us guys with big meat hooks its hard to get hose little levers to release when there snugged up against the rail. worse in the cold might modify them to have a pull ring or little tab of para cord on them? just a thought not really needed but a thought

i like the higher rise of the mount, i find it keeps my head up while in the fight and allows ME to pick up tragets much eaiser than the standard low mounted READ as low mounted optics. i like th efact i can keep my head and erect and still see my optic, thati s the one plus i find to the current mount that i like

so far unit is good to go i didi notice that the large ring worked very wel lfor shootingon the move from moving vehicles at moving targets that was a huge plus for me, that i liked over the aimpoint,