PDA

View Full Version : BCG availability?

Wilco
02-21-09, 12:28
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster, howdy from central Texas.

I'm trying to find proper BCG's that are properly staked, etc etc. Obviously during these times they are hard to come by, but is there a reputable company that I can get on a waiting list/place an order with?

LMT, CMT (properly staked) Bravo.....

It seems that most are "check back later, you can not order at this point in time"

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

D

MMcfpd
02-21-09, 13:30
PK Firearms has had sporadic supplies of Rock River BCGs. I've never used, or seen, an RRA BCG so I don't know how their staking is.

Young Manufacturing has been offering BCGs with an expected 3 week wait time, and I've got about two weeks to go on one. I'd previously acquired one of theirs from Denny's and it was staked well, but I've heard that they come from Young unstaked. I guess I'll know soon enough, but staking the carrier key is really a pretty simple operation.

Bravo Company is estimating mid-Spring for their next batch and Rainier Arms has the Enhanced LMT BCG (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=527) for $285 if you think that's what you might want.

number9xd
02-21-09, 16:18
I got 3 of the RRA BCG from PK's in the last few weeks. Got them mainly because I needed BCG's and they were availble for $140 where they are going for $170+ on EE in TOS and due to the fact that CMT/LMT/BCM BCG's are in stock no where and several months out on being available. Whenever I see LMT or BCM in stock I'll jump on them and then sell the RRA, but if not, I've got the RRA to use if I need.

When I called LMT a couple weeks ago, lady on the phone told me 6 months.

I can take a pic of the RRA and post if you want. It's staked, but not very well - at least not as good as the BCG in the Double Star rifle I have, but I have no idea who makes their BCG because they won't tell - which chaps my a$$ in a way. I have read that they are CMT but have no idea if that's true.

tweakmeister
02-21-09, 20:22
I've had an LMT order in since mid-January, and just put in another order with Young Mfg. Their chrome carrier's are fantastic. Haven't decided if I like the chrome bolt yet.

Wilco
02-22-09, 07:19
I know that the current bolt i have is not properly staked, is that something any good smith can do? That would make me rest easier until I can get a BCM or LMT....

MMcfpd
02-22-09, 07:26
Staking the carrier key is something you can probably do yourself; here's some info: Arfcom staking thread (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=130&t=160446).

Wilco
02-22-09, 07:52
Thanks guys. You know, I've been shooting since I was 5, ARs for 15 years, and I wish I would have found M4Carbine sooner....sigh. Better late than never!

Everyone have a great Sunday. 66 degrees here today! :D

OldNavyGuy
02-22-09, 09:23
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster, howdy from central Texas.

I'm trying to find proper BCG's that are properly staked, etc etc. Obviously during these times they are hard to come by, but is there a reputable company that I can get on a waiting list/place an order with?

LMT, CMT (properly staked) Bravo.....

It seems that most are "check back later, you can not order at this point in time"

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

D

i have 5 half circle Colt carriers if you are interested in buying