PDA

View Full Version : 2nd best LPK, beside's LMT LPK?

Lawdog-1
02-21-09, 12:50
If LMT LPK is out of stock what LPK would you buy? Has anyone used J&T Distributing LPK?

tweakmeister
02-21-09, 20:06
Seeing as LMT gets many (all?) of their lower parts from the same contract manufacturers as all the others, it really depends on if you can hand inspect the parts kit.

I would look at RRA, or any of the other places.

number9xd
02-21-09, 20:17
I've got 3 LPK's from J&T. They are the 1st LPK's I have ever bought so I don't have any history to judge them by. Didn't see anything that looked bad with them though. I will point out that 2 of the safety selectors were different than the 3rd one. The groove for the detent was not as deep and they were dark black in color verses the 3rd one having a deep groove for the detent and a greenish tint in color. I suspect they are from different manufacturers. The ones with the shallow groove were harder to operate from Fire to Safe, but cutting a coil or two off the spring, or running the corner of a file through the groove may have reduced the effort. Having said that, having to fit a part is not desireable to me, so I called them and they are sending me 2 replacements free of charge, no questions asked.

I guess I should edit to clarify that the GROOVE itself appears to be the same depth on both, the SHELF the groove is machined into is deeper on one verses the other.

Having looked at them more since the call, I feel stronger that they are from two different manufacturers, and both may fall acceptably within the selector specifications - I have never seen a print or spec for them - but I'd feel better having them all the same none the less.

Here's a pic of the two selectors.......

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/number9st/Guns/AR_Selector.jpg

SIGfest
02-21-09, 22:35
I'm waiting on Grant to have his. I keep hoping I'll get an e-m.

bmg
02-21-09, 23:04
Stag/CMT seems good.

Cold Zero
02-21-09, 23:17
Another vote for Grant's hand picked LPK.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-21-09, 23:44
I have a white oak from ADCO(?). Came with everything but the trigger group, to which I added a Geissele trigger, ambi safety, and KAC ambi mag release. Maybe I just need a spring store.

Veracity
02-22-09, 14:26
Another vote for Grant's hand picked LPK.

This.

C4IGrant
02-22-09, 17:24
If LMT LPK is out of stock what LPK would you buy? Has anyone used J&T Distributing LPK?

Colt, Stag.

The DPMS kits are not too bad I think.

C4

SeriousStudent
02-22-09, 17:54
I have been very pleased with Grant's kits. If you can wait, I believe they are worth it.

I have purchased three, and they all assembled easily with no troubles. The triggers felt nice, and the selectors were positive and crisp. I felt the value was very good - you received good parts for your money.

darrendeep6
02-22-09, 22:37
+ 1 on CMT/Stag. These are the LPKs that Noveske specs on their builds.

Lawdog-1
02-22-09, 22:52
I emailed John Noveske a few months in the past and asked him what brand LPK he used and I jot a eamil back from Noveske, said STAG LPK.

MeanRider
02-23-09, 11:11
MA&1 has good LPK helped my buddy install one on his build this past week. GI issue LPK. plus they are in stock and you don't have to buy the pistol grip.