PDA

View Full Version : goin to the gunshow....

Mr.Goodtimes
02-22-09, 11:30
I have a really nice Hoyt Ultratec bow thats barely used, i was thinkin about bringing it to the gunshow to see if i could mabey trade it for something? like some money off an optic or some ammo or somethin like that. ive seen some weird shit floating around a gun show before so idk, would it be retarted to try and get rid of this thing at the next gun show?

sandman99and9
02-22-09, 11:33
I have seen all kinds of stuff being traded at the orlando show, give it a try.
There are 2 guys that stand in the same spot outside every show trying to unload their overpriced crap. You never know who/what you will find.

S.M.

Mr.Goodtimes
02-23-09, 12:30
yea true that. i purchased the thing for 700 bucks back in 06, shot it only a couple times so i was gonna see if i could trade it for $300 bucks worth of something, ammo, mabey money off a handgun of some kind.

ra2bach
02-23-09, 12:35
I'd try to Craigslist it for 2/3 of what you paid for it before I tried to trade it for half. but that's just me...

wargasm
02-23-09, 13:40
I would just keep the Hoyt (Btw, I own a Trykon). At least you didn't have to pay a $200 tax stamp for a "silenced" weapon!

warpigM-4
02-23-09, 16:28
I doubt you could get that much at a gunshow seems everyone is over charging and ripping people on their trade deals.I would put it up on a auction site first you might find someone that is looking for that model and get your money out of it.and then take the cash to the show

Mr.Goodtimes
02-23-09, 17:10
I had it on craigs list for about four months, got one bite, guy said he wanted to come see it and test shoot it. never called back or returned my calls :confused: if i cant get what its worth at a gunshow, ill hang on to it.

besides, like wargasm said, i got one of the most silent silenced weapons, and its not an NFA item lol

razors
02-23-09, 18:12
I would join an archery forum....ive sold 5 bows in the past few years on them. Just look at what other ultratecs are going for and price it 10 bucks below that to sell it quick.