PDA

View Full Version : What type of sling?

Magfed556
02-22-09, 16:19
What type on sling do you prefer for a 16" carbine?

Stickman
02-22-09, 16:22
It depends on what I'm doing.

Magfed556
02-22-09, 16:32
I'll use the gun for hunting, self defence, home defence, and plinking.

AirmanAtwood
02-22-09, 16:42
where is the option for a sling capable of both?

Kchen986
02-22-09, 16:43
It's all about what works best for you.

I generally do not like 2 points slings because they don't seem as 'versatile' to me--it's hard to transition to the weak hand on a two point.

I'm most fond of 3 point slings, because it's the most versatile. It can operate as a 2 point if there's a releaseable clip on the front. It can function similar to a one point if you release the clip...backpack carry is available, and it's easy to sling it around your back, depending on which shoulder you put it on...

If you can, try some designs out and see what you like.

Magfed556
02-22-09, 16:55
I really like the Specter SOP ad CST slings which is better, whats the differance?

Littlebear
02-22-09, 17:11
I really like the Blue Force quick adjust two-point sling (unpadded version). Three-point slings seem to get tangled into all the other junk I carry and one-point slings let your AR slap you in the twins at the most inoportune time... :p

RogerinTPA
02-22-09, 17:28
The new sling from Magpul is the shizzle right now. Coverts from one, to two point and about the most adjustable out there. :cool: Now if they can just ramp up production....

glazer1972
02-23-09, 14:26
2 point.

SHIVAN
02-23-09, 14:27
I like both the 1-pt and 2-pt slings. After being shown how to use one, I really like the BFG Vickers 2-pt QD.

Jay Cunningham
02-23-09, 14:31
hunting - two point carry strap a.k.a. parade sling

self defence - two point adjustable sling

home defence - no sling, single or two point adjustable sling

plinking - no sling required

A two point adjustable with an EZ detach feature will probably come closest to meeting the majority of your needs.

RD62
02-23-09, 14:37
Vickers 2 pt.

I ran a Specter Gear (actually mine is/was a CQB Solutions from back before the name change) CST. I swapped to a 2 pt. I find it easier to work the bolt release with the 2 pt. And if your think shoulder transitions are hard with a 2 pt, I had to be a contortionist to do them with the 3 pt without choking myself out. I also found the webbing on the BFG/Vickers 2pt more comfortable that the webbing on the Spectre sling. That said mine is an older version of the Specter and they may or may not be using different webbing now.

It's kind of all in how you run it too. I run my Vickers using the built-in QD point on my DD Omega rails and a DD Rear Receiver QD swivel attachment point. I find that having the sling in close to the receiver helps in transitions and keeps it out of the way. The Omega also has rotation limiters built-in to help keep the sling from twisting.

Try a few and see what works better for you. Good luck!

-RD62

Jerm
02-23-09, 14:55
It's kind of all in how you run it too. I run my Vickers using the built-in QD point on my DD Omega rails and a DD Rear Receiver QD swivel attachment point. I find that having the sling in close to the receiver helps in transitions and keeps it out of the way.

Same here(except with VTAC).

Ive found it works much better and offers more freedom of movement than when i was running it on my CTR.Weakside transitions are quick/easy with my current set-up...no need to remove my arm from the sling.

Havent used a 1-pt but it definately doesnt look like something i'd like.Ran a 3-pt for a couple weeks and there was way too much going on,unnecessarily imo(for me anyway).

Irish
02-23-09, 14:57
Just ordered the new Magpul that converts from 1 point to 2 point :D Best of both worlds!

ROADKING
02-23-09, 15:25
2 POINT VICKERS

Magfed556
02-23-09, 19:22
Just ordered the new Magpul that converts from 1 point to 2 point :D Best of both worlds!

Can you post a link to the one you talking about?

Irish
02-23-09, 19:25
Here ya go along with their new sling plate which I ordered too. I'm going to put them on my SBR I'm in the process of getting built. :cool:http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82_132

Magfed556
02-23-09, 19:28
Will the sling work on a 20" rifle? If it will thats the sling I'm getting.